Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will Mavic overheat sitting still?
1170 8 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

I'm still waiting for my Mavic to be shipped back (RMA for lens misalignment) but I'm wondering if it will overheat if I left it powered up, sitting on the table while I went through all the menus and settings. I noticed that after only a few minutes the fan would start and it would get a bit warm. I always just shut it down for 20min and tried again but I'd like to take my time sifting through the settings menu to familiarize myself. What do you think? Can it run for 25min and be safe? Should I point a fan at it? I have the gimbal cover removed but it still gets a bit warm.
2016-12-3
Use props
Scunna
First Officer
United Kingdom

Had mine on bench switched on for over an hour, no probs.
2016-12-3
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

Okay, that's good to know.
2016-12-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'd say it's ok as long as the gimbal cover is off. If your still concerned, you could do it while outside so it takes in cool fresh air.
2016-12-3
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.1

Belgium

Do you shut down your laptop when the fan starts spinning?
2016-12-3
Use props
sarge43
lvl.3
United States

I turn off my car when the engine fan starts.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  
I've had mine on the table also whilst checking things over and the fan running.  No problems to report yet.  
Sarge
2016-12-3
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.4

United Kingdom

When you see flames then turn it off {:4_181:} I've had mine for around half an hour sat on the table setting up stuff.
2016-12-3
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

GeForceFX-be Posted at 2016-12-4 06:15
Do you shut down your laptop when the fan starts spinning?

You make an excellent point.
2016-12-4
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Haven't seen it actually overheat yet. I've flown on days approaching 40c and the only niggle is the time it takes for the batteries to cool down enough to accept a charge.
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules