Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Explanation of new 'scene modes'
5201 13 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
powerlord_stu.h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 515105 ft
United Kingdom

can someone explain exactly what the newly added scene mode menu does please ?

This appeared on the original osmo firmware a few months back with walking, sticky, etc

But no explanation anywhere (other than release note saying they were added)

So I'm not looking for' set it to walking when walking'... I'm looking for a technical explanation of what each mode does so that as a pro, I can make a decision about when to use it please ?

I do find it very weird that time and effort goes into new features like this, then no effort at all into telling customers what they do...what's the point ? Sigh.

2016-12-3
Use props
Dalby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

DJI in a nutshell it seems!
2016-12-4
Use props
Oglo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

Same here, searched for info on it and thought it was just me not knowing where to findownload it. Bit of a shame when they put all this work into it then don't explain it. The app has so many powerful well thought out features but bit of a quagmire working out what they all do.
2016-12-5
Use props
Oglo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

Think I inadvertently just invented a new word - "findownload". Think it might catch on.....??

2016-12-5
Use props
Cuz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8186 ft
United States

I believe you're referring to Smart Camera Controls see video

2016-12-5
Use props
fans94ff69bf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

Cuz Posted at 2016-12-5 17:55
I believe you're referring to Smart Camera Controls see video

No, that's not it. He's referring to exactly what he says  . . . "Scene Modes"  They're part of the video feature, not photo feature.  But there is no explanation anywhere as to what they do and when/why to use them exactly.
2017-2-24
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans94ff69bf Posted at 2017-2-24 20:14
No, that's not it. He's referring to exactly what he says  . . . "Scene Modes"  They're part of the video feature, not photo feature.  But there is no explanation anywhere as to what they do and when/why to use them exactly.

Each and every Firmware update DJI needs to complete a new series of tutorials on 'new' functionalities!

Hear hear DJI Support
2017-2-24
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

As far as I can tell, the scene modes will adjust the internal workings of gimbal balancing to the expected movements that occur in this mode (walk, run, wearable) - but a detailed explanation is a MUST - also because it advertises the feature to new customers!
2017-2-25
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

Found some info but it's not very detailed ...

Scene Mode: SmoothTrack speed varies depending on the Scene Mode.
In Sport Mode, it moves faster, while in Walk Mode it is slower. 
When using the Osmo's Wear Mode with the Osmo+, vertical movements created by wearing the Osmo are minimized.

2017-2-26
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

Another nugget ...

Zoom Adjusted SmoothTrack: After enabling this function, SmoothTrack speed will auto adjust according to the level of zoom.

2017-2-26
Use props
mayi1990
lvl.1
Hong Kong

6. What is the difference between Walk and Sport Mode?
The main difference is the gimbal’s speed tracking your movements. In Sport Mode, the gimbal follows your movements closely and is suitable for shooting fast moving objects. In Walk Mode, the gimbal reduces shake generated by your hands, allowing you to get stable shots on the move.

from FAQ
2017-2-26
Use props
danielsb
New
Spain

Discovering what happens with wear mode... Maybe is the set to handle,I mean put with your hands, the camera anywhere you want...!?
2017-6-3
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

danielsb Posted at 2017-6-3 00:57
Discovering what happens with wear mode... Maybe is the set to handle,I mean put with your hands, the camera anywhere you want...!?

The wear mode relates to camer orientation.  When wearing the OSMO, it "mounts" sideways to the chest/shoulder mount.  So when tapping trigger to "recenter" it recenter to the side (now your front)... rather then the normal front which is now pointing to the side...... the best way to figure stuff out is play with it and see what happens......
2017-6-5
Use props
fans16986c87
New

United States

Hi powerlord_stu.h, I just called to get an answer for the same question and I was told that compared to the walk mode, the OSMO reacts faster and is limited in motion. Upon inquiry I am led to believe it will not drag on as much as in walk mode but follow closer to the original 0 point. Some quick test do confirm it'll work harder to stay as close as to the original point of view while keep motion smooth.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules