Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi or DJI go
3493 28 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Newbie just heard about litchi - give me your views on DJI go or litchi. Asking as I have lots of RC lost signals on my 3.standard and lots of wifi interference in build up areas and hear litchi doesn't have as much. I have all the latest software 1.7.9 and DJI go app is up to date and I am running ARGtex
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I use DJI GO app keep stuck and signal lost.....using Litchi apps with no problems.
Here is my today fly record.
ARGTEK Panel antenna with Litchi app
2016-12-4
Use props
fans8508afeb
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same problem here, lot of signal lost on mijn phantom 3 advanced for several months. what is the latest version of Litchi and does this work on android devices too?
How about the costs? what are the big differences between dji go app en the litchi app.

Hope to see a lot of info,advice.
regards.
2016-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go is a great program and you should master it and the Phantom before adding Litchi if you feel that you need the extra features that it offers.
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans8508afeb Posted at 2016-12-4 18:28
Same problem here, lot of signal lost on mijn phantom 3 advanced for several months. what is the lat ...

Latest Litchi apps version 3.9.1 and yes I am running Android with this and work well better than DJI go
2016-12-4
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

Interesting, I have 19 hours flying time and 134 flights and everyone has lost signal from a max distance of about 150 meters. If litchi doesn't do this then it maybe worth the app fee.. will wait for more feedback.
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-4 19:22
Interesting, I have 19 hours flying time and 134 flights and everyone has lost signal from a max dis ...

Today I use Litchi apps to fly with my P3A I can get 300m heights and 2460m distance from home point....what you think!
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

The bad thing about Litchi and the Standard (also the 4K one) will just hover when it loses the signal instead of flying home.

https://flylitchi.com/help

And someone commented on a number of DJI Litchi youtube videos that using Litchi voids your DJI warranty. I have no idea if it is true or not.
2016-12-4
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-4 20:17
The bad thing about Litchi and the Standard (also the 4K one) will just hover when it loses the sign ...

"The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.?   FPV Mode and Waypoint mode are not affected. IN waypoint if p3 is out of controller range, it will complete mission and RTH, Hover, or return to first waypoint. determined by pilot prior to flight. In waypoint mode as long as p3 is in range of controller,mission can be aborted.
I dont believe use of LItchi cancels the warranty. Ken?
2016-12-4
Use props
fans8508afeb
lvl.1

Netherlands

another question, do you have to remove dji go app, before installing Litchi app or can you put them both together on de android device without problems?
very interesting this topic.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans8508afeb
lvl.1

Netherlands

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-4 12:34
Today I use Litchi apps to fly with my P3A I can get 300m heights and 2460m distance from home poi ...

do you use the stock antenna on your P3A and get 2460m distance? or do you use special antenna? (if yes, what kind of antenna).
My Phantom 3Advanced is stock, no special hardware.
Where did you download the android litchi app?
how long do you use litchi with your p3a?
do you use both dji go app together with litchi app on your android device of did you first delete dji go app and then installing the litchi app?
Hope to see your detailed reaction.
2016-12-4
Use props
Anthony_from th
lvl.1

Netherlands

Extra info: I use firmware 1.8.80 , dji go app is the latest.
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

fans8508afeb Posted at 2016-12-4 09:27
do you use the stock antenna on your P3A and get 2460m distance? or do you use special antenna? (i ...

You can get Litchi at the Google Play Store and it costs 25 bucks.

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ryuthere.visionplus

I don't have it so that is all I can tell you. But the rest of your questions can be found here.

2016-12-4
Use props
AnthonyF
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thx BillW50, i will start studying these links right now.
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans8508afeb Posted at 2016-12-4 23:27
do you use the stock antenna on your P3A and get 2460m distance? or do you use special antenna? (i ...

First i test with stock antenna with dji go app and the go app always getting issue,then i change to ARGTEK antenna and test again with dji go app but the go app still get stuck everytime when i slide to auto take off and getting signal lost with display lagging until i can't fly my drone.

Yes i am using android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) and (Asus ZenPad 8.0),so i go to google play store and search for (Litchi for Phantom) but this is paid apps.

I didn't remove the DJI GO app,i still keep it......but if you set your DJI GO app as default then you need go to Application Manager look into DJI GO and clear the (DEFAULT).
Once you clear the default so everytime when you connect your android device to RC when power it will show you option to select (DJI GO) or (LITCHI) then just double the app but don't select the app as default.
2016-12-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

2016-12-4
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

fans8508afeb Posted at 2016-12-5 02:23
another question, do you have to remove dji go app, before installing Litchi app or can you put them ...

You can install both apps, but DO NOT have them running at the same time, bad things can happen.
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-4 12:19
You can install both apps, but DO NOT have them running at the same time, bad things can happen.

Yes like flyaways. Although I believe under some conditions, Litchi website states that the DJI one must be uninstalled.

KNOWN ISSUE: For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3 Standard/P3 4K will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device).

2016-12-4
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

Am I reading this right in that litchi does have some negatives v dji go - so maybe I will have to live with that constant RC weak and lost signal till dji solve the firmware issue. AS PER THIS.
Warning
When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.
2016-12-4
Use props
AnthonyF
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thx, my tablet has android 5.1.1, it's a shield tablet K1  so this should work without problems with my phantom 3 advanced.
thanks  Billw50.
2016-12-4
Use props
AnthonyF
lvl.1

Netherlands

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-4 19:14
ARGTEK Antenna with Litchi app test fly

Great, thx.
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-4 15:04
Am I reading this right in that litchi does have some negatives v dji go - so maybe I will have to l ...

Yes and I also understand that the Litchi App doesn't record the 720p the phone/tablet sees like it does with the DJI App.
2016-12-4
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-5 08:11
Yes and I also understand that the Litchi App doesn't record the 720p the phone/tablet sees like i ...

Looks like I might stay with dji as I have a standard.
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Using Litchi will not invalidate your warranty, but Litchi does not produce flight logs that are as detailed as the Go App, and if your aircraft is lost or crashes, DJI will not accept the Litchi logs to establish what happened.
2016-12-4
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-5 08:31
Using Litchi will not invalidate your warranty, but Litchi does not produce flight logs that are as  ...

Even more reason to stay with dji I think !!!
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-5 08:56
Even more reason to stay with dji I think !!!

Well, until your warranty runs out anyway. I have both but don't use Litchi. The ability to plan waypoints before you go to a site is over-rated in my opinion, as you don't have a clue what obstacles you will find once you get there.
2016-12-4
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-4 15:31
Using Litchi will not invalidate your warranty, but Litchi does not produce flight logs that are as  ...

If you look at Litchi youtube videos, some guy in the comment section says that Litchi invalidates your DJI warranty. Not one person disputed his claims yet. We are still waiting for DJI to comment on it.
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-5 09:01
If you look at Litchi youtube videos, some guy in the comment section says that Litchi invalidates  ...

You can wait as long as you like, DJI just don't comment on things like that. But the fact is, Litchi does not invalidate your warranty, how could it when it is created from an SDK provided by DJI themselves?

The whole question has been asked and debated on here, and there was a view put forward by one of the DJI people on here that in the event of a crash or loss, if the flight data from the aircraft could be obtained and submitted, and the fault was with the aircraft and not the pilot, then the warranty would be honoured.

On the other hand, if the aircraft was lost, then no flight records could be obtained, then the one in the RC unit produced by Litchi was insufficient to allow DJI to analyse the cause of the problem, and they would not necessarily honour the warranty.
2016-12-4
Use props
Vercher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United States

P3P

Newbie here. Is there located anywhere on website the last software for djigo p3p.I had it on my ipad was cleaning it up and deleted it.
Of course I didn't realize the new version wouldn't work on my early version iPad.
Thanks
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules