What is my Mavic gimbal doing in this video
1377 5 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Flown 10 flights without issue, This one however resulted in what you see in the video.

Gimbal goes whacky, seems to move through a reset pattern. Once it stopped the horizon was off, so I reset that, then flew forward, for it just to do the wierd reset again. It flew just fine for 15 mintues afterwards and landed fine, checked the Gimbal and as much as I can tell it looks fine?

Thanks,
Aaron
2016-12-4
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Weird, that does look like the reset pattern. Were there any gimbal errors in the flight logs?
Maybe try a gimbal calibration and see if this behavior occurs again.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-4 14:41
Weird, that does look like the reset pattern. Were there any gimbal errors in the flight logs?
Maybe ...

Uploaded log here: https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... ENERALNotifications

Sadly nothing of interest in the warnings, and I didn't see any either on the iPhone.

Ive never done a Gimbal calibration so ill certainly give it a go. Thanks
2016-12-4
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

I haven't had a chance to look at one closely ( mine is still 6+ weeks away).
The early Phantoms had a minor problem of the small flex ribbon  to camera/gimbals getting loose.
Maybe a gentile re seat  would help.

2016-12-4
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem with my drone and unfortunately I had to send it in for repair. It took me a week for ground shipping to send it to their repair shop from the east coast. Once they got it though they evaluated it and repaired it within a day and said that the aircraft/gimbal had software/hardware issues and they fixed it under warranty. They said it will be shipped back within 3 buisness days so I'm hoping to get my drone back soon. A lot of Mavic's have been having this problem and it's unfortunate but you should probably send it in for repair if you have tried everything and are still having the problem.
2016-12-21
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I had a somewhat similar issue the other day.  The gimbal didn't move all around like yours did but it was quite wobbly for a while.  After it settled down, I haven't had a problem since but I've only done a few flights.

2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules