DJI OSMO Mobile System LED is Solid Red!
14365 26 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackpepper
lvl.1

Singapore

Dear DJI,

I have problem with DJI Osmo Mobile firmware upgrading.

First of all, the system LED status is always solid red and cant even know charging status when i plug Osmo mobile to USB charger.
When i read manul, the system LED status for solid red means " No DJI battery detected or firmware upgrade failed".
I suspected that it might be firmware upgrade but when i turn on Osmo mobile and conneted to the phone , everyting is ok even gimbal, cameras and so on except system LED is red.
How should I do remove current firmware and reinstall back firmware again ? I try many different ways but it didnt work either.
IMG_2193.jpeg
IMG_2200.JPG
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you tried the DJI Assistant 2 application on computer?  If it's working normally other than this, you can send it in at a time convenient for you.
2016-12-4
Use props
Blackpepper
lvl.1

Singapore

Yes, I did. But it cannot resolve. Is there any way to remove current firmware and reinstall it back? If not, i gotta send it back to DJI service for repair.
2016-12-5
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

This is the same problem I'm facing. I can't see to get the firmware to update via the DJI Go app or the Assistant 2 app on the computer. I've opened a ticket with DJI support. I'll report back on what I find. I'm hoping I don't need to send it in and it's just a problem with the firmware that was pushed out to users.
2016-12-5
Use props
Blackpepper
lvl.1

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-5 15:34
Did you tried the DJI Assistant 2 application on computer?  If it's working normally other than this, you can send it in at a time convenient for you.

I have tried many times with DJI Assistant 2 app. It did not work at all. Do you have any solution other than that ?
2016-12-6
Use props
Blackpepper
lvl.1

gamette Posted at 2016-12-6 00:20
This is the same problem I'm facing. I can't see to get the firmware to update via the DJI Go app or the Assistant 2 app on the computer. I've opened a ticket with DJI support. I'll report back on what I find. I'm hoping I don't need to send it in and it's just a problem with the firmware that was pushed out to users.

Yes, that is firmware bugs and DJI yet to resolve this issue.
2016-12-6
Use props
aanova
lvl.1

Philippines

i have the same problem any solutions?
2016-12-18
Use props
teemto
lvl.1

Australia

Having the exact same issue. DJI osmo mobile still works with the app, but it won't update via DJI go app or DJI assistant 2 ---and the light is solid red.

Can DJI-Thor walk us through the process of using DJI Assistant 2? I feel like i am missing a step. Some documentation seems to indicate for mac OSX, we have to use DJI Assistant 2 with an android phone?
Do we need an android phone for DJI Assistant 2 via pc or mac?
2016-12-18
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

China

Can you post a screenshot of your firmware version? We can see if there is something wrong with your firmware upgrading.
2016-12-20
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

So I had to send mine in. I just got it back and the light is no longer red, however it's still on the previous firmware version. I'm going to wait until a new firmware version comes out before attempting again.
2016-12-20
Use props
CarloUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Same problem as mine. DJI needs to sort their act out another premium gadget with bugs. My light is red all the time since a failed firmware upgrade. However my firmware was up todate all ready but seems assistant can't compute that.  Also the iPhone thing is just ridiculous is don't work and it should say that on the box to stop all us buying it. My new GoPro Karma grip has awesome stabilisation. Hence my 2 month old DJI Osmo is only used for time lapse.

Any way whats the solution to the red light ????
Tried tech support online but thats worse than BT

CARLO
2016-12-26
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hello everyone.
First, look at the version of your firmware in DJI Go App and make sure your firmware has been upgraded correctly.
If your firmware version is correct, try to pull the trigger and triple click the shutter button.
And if your firmware version is not correct, try to upgrade your firmware with DJI Go App or DJI Assistant 2.
2016-12-26
Use props
CarloUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

What is the latest firmware version its difficult to tell on the site. However I believe mine is the latest thats why Assistant 2 failed.  
Your suggestion of pulling the trigger and 3 clicks on the shutter worked for me so Thank you I am sorted.

CARLO
2016-12-27
Use props
Aniket s
New
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aniket s Posted at 2017-6-25 15:34
**** The posts are shielded ****

Are you sure the power light is blue and green? Usually it should be blue and red, which means the Bluetooth need to be updated. Please connect Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2 to check if there will be notification of updating. We would be much appreciated if you could provide us short video, we'd like to look into.
2017-6-26
Use props
Aniket s
New
United States

here you go
2017-6-26
Use props
Aniket s
New
United States

Here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy29u5955ekgss5/Video%20Jun%2025%2C%205%2043%2002%20PM.mov?dl=0
2017-6-26
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was like that so I updated the dji go app and then retried the firmware upgrade and it fixed the problem.   Before I updated the go app the firmware update kept failing and the red light was on.   
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aniket s Posted at 2017-6-26 07:33
Here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy29u5955ekgss5/Video%20Jun%2025%2C%205%2043%2002%20PM.mov?dl=0

The video is too short. Was your mobile device placed properly? Please connect your Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware.
2017-6-27
Use props
Aniket s
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 00:56
The video is too short. Was your mobile device placed properly? Please connect your Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware.

Assistant 2 shows that the firmware is on the current version :/

The gimbal did work a couple of times before
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aniket s Posted at 2017-6-29 11:50
Assistant 2 shows that the firmware is on the current version :/

The gimbal did work a couple of times before

Would you please provide me another video with powering on, the gimbal status, the indicators at your most convenience? I will feedback to our engineer for further analysis and get it addressed for you, thanks in advance.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansb9658911
New

Kuwait

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-13
Use props
Sami5
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-4 23:34

I have been asked my DJI helpdesk to use DJI Assist on computer... where do I get this please?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sami5 Posted at 2017-10-30 03:51
I have been asked my DJI helpdesk to use DJI Assist on computer... where do I get this please?

Please find and download DJI Assistant 2 in Osmo Mobile download page: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_ZE0hzyF
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 04:15
Are you sure the power light is blue and green? Usually it should be blue and red, which means the Bluetooth need to be updated. Please connect Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2 to check if there will be notification of updating. We would be much appreciated if you could provide us short video, we'd like to look into.

"blue and red, which means the bluetooth needs to be updated."

How do you do this?  I am getting an occasional red/blue/red/blue (on top of solid red...no matter what my Osmo Mobile is a paperweight, doesn't work) but this is the first I've seen anyone mention red/blue and that there is a thing associated with it.  

I've never seen mention of "update the bluetooth" anywhere else and I can't find how to do it.

Thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ZE0hzyF Posted at 2017-12-3 23:04
"blue and red, which means the bluetooth needs to be updated."

How do you do this?  I am getting an occasional red/blue/red/blue (on top of solid red...no matter what my Osmo Mobile is a paperweight, doesn't work) but this is the first I've seen anyone mention red/blue and that there is a thing associated with it.  

Sir, I have replied your own thread.
The Bluetooth cannot be updated separately, please update the whole firmware of Osmo Mobile via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-12-4
Use props
Kangolman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

maybe a bit late, but it may help other users with similar problems.  I was using a different 3.5mm jack rather than the DJI supplied one, swapped to the DJI one and all was fine.  btwwhen connected to the DJI assistant with the non-dpi jack,  it didn't recognise it.  Hope this helps
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules