Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys,

It's been a while since the last announcement that the LB2 firmware update was being tested? (and there was a previos announcement prior to that)
It would be nice if those who are, not so, patiently waiting could have an update and ETA? After all courtessy costs nothing?
At least if we had an ETA we would be able to interpret DJI's meaning of the phrase, 'coming soon'. I would have thought that eight months is way beyond most peoples understanding of what coming soon means?  

2016-12-4
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please could we have an update?
2016-12-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Was thinking about this the other day....Curious as well.
2016-12-5
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jamie,

I know this isn't down to you and I realise you can only pass on to us what you are being told? The problem is, we know that you and the members of this forum are being duped by DJI over the LB2 A3 update issue.
I am now beginning to believe that there is no single fix for M600 users and none M600 users otherwise why wasn't the upgrade available for the M600 Pro launch??
There has been talk of an LB2/2 which is even more worrying as it may be that is the only answer? That is to say, a different version for M600 users and non M600 users? If this is the case then I am a bit worried that I will have to shell out again to get what I thought I had bought in the first place.
It is the only explanation that makes sense as in the time we have been banging on about this issue, DJI have managed to launch a whole range of new products, updates and even a brand new Go App?
I don't believe it would take DJI this length of time to produce an update if it were possible to produce? If it is the case that it's not possible, then we need to know as we are tired of being duped.

My LB2/A2 combo's worked pretty well and I have taken a huge step backwards with the A3 and it simply is not right that DJI have so little concern for issues that are induced by their own misrepresentation.
You and I both know that in the US and Europe, they simply would not get away with it?

I make know apologies for bumping previous threads on this subject as it is my intention to keep the subject in the forefront of this forum and social media along with the M600 owners who have issues in addition to this.

In summary, what we need to know is:

If the fix is possible, why is it taking so long?
If the fix is possible, when will it be available? (Honest answer)
If the fix is not possible, what are our options regarding recourse for miss selling?
Why do DJI management continue to sell products in the meanwhile that do not function as described?

2016-12-5
Use props
fansfe271b10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158251 ft
South Africa

And still no response, i have a $10000 drone Gryphon Frame, LB2, A3, e200 pro,  Align G3 HD gimbal that cannot do what a 900$ drone can do. this is so frustrating that we were lied to and then promising a rectification but not delivering on this promise. i am inclined to cancel my order for my Phantom pro and Mavic and take up paramotoring untill someone offers a good alternative to DJI.
2016-12-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

fansfe271b10 Posted at 2016-12-5 14:39
And still no response, i have a $10000 drone Gryphon Frame, LB2, A3, e200 pro,  Align G3 HD gimbal that cannot do what a 900$ drone can do. this is so frustrating that we were lied to and then promising a rectification but not delivering on this promise. i am inclined to cancel my order for my Phantom pro and Mavic and take up paramotoring untill someone offers a good alternative to DJI.

I vote for the paramotoring!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-12-5 23:16
Jamie,

I know this isn't down to you and I realise you can only pass on to us what you are being told? The problem is, we know that you and the members of this forum are being duped by DJI over the LB2 A3 update issue.

I have seen the rumor pop up on the thread lately about this new Lightbridge system, but I haven't found anything on my end to verify that is actually happening. The standalone M600 has the capability to be stable on its own, but of course there can be hardware tweaks that could make it better. The M600 Pro, for what it is, is new on the market with these new little pieces of hardware. The spare parts for DIY type crafts, like dampeners and the propellers, tend to come out on the website and dealers once the product has been out for some time. It's just a matter of time before these are more readily available. Even without physical 'upgrades', the M600 can receive improvements from just the software aspect of it. Will a standalone M600 (without physical upgrades) perform exactly the same as one that has had some hardware tweaks? Perhaps not, but it should still be a solid craft for what it is. The same could be said when Phantom units get upgraded propulsion systems over time.

I can only speculate when it comes to why it takes so long for updates to occur, especially when talking about the LB2 update for the F channel customization. I'm not a software developer, so I can only assume that they want to ensure that whatever changes that they are doing do not interfere with the improvements that they did make in the previous update and want to ensure that it does not have the potential to cause crashes to such expensive rigs. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a proper 'when' at this time. All I can tell you is that I would be one of the first to let the community know when it's ready.
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules