Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo + slow motion distortion and warp
1168 6 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse3537bdb
New
Canada

Crazy distortion captured here: https://cl.ly/2w0Q242j0d08From the Osmo Plus during slow motion shooting.
This happens when panning - it's a strange image distortion in the center of the screen. What is this, and how do I prevent this?
Video sample at link:

Thanks,

Ryan

2016-12-4
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.4
United States

That would be an effect from your editing software I'd guess.

-Rodger
2016-12-4
Use props
fanse3537bdb
New
Canada

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2016-12-4 12:06
That would be an effect from your editing software I'd guess.

-Rodger

Thanks for the reply Rodger. I actually noticed it on the screen during filming, but though it must just be a bit of an illusion, but upon import and review of the footage, there it was in the file. Very strange, and something to do with the slow motion setting on the osmo plus. Anyone else seen this before?
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Is your video with Osmo+ normal other than this issue?
2016-12-4
Use props
fanse3537bdb
New
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-4 19:51
Is your video with Osmo+ normal other than this issue?

Auto mode is fine, thanks Thor. However the other strange thing, though maybe it's normal, is that the slow-motion mode is always zoomed in quite a bit and I'm not sure why it's like that.  
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fanse3537bdb Posted at 2016-12-5 14:11
Auto mode is fine, thanks Thor. However the other strange thing, though maybe it's normal, is that the slow-motion mode is always zoomed in quite a bit and I'm not sure why it's like that.

The cropped image during slow motion is normal. The processor isn't strong enough, so it has to crop some of the view.

Please try the slow motion again, if it still shows like that, you can contact DJI via online chat on www.dji.com/support and send it in when you don't plan to use it for a few weeks.
2016-12-4
Use props
fanse3537bdb
New
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-4 22:49
The cropped image during slow motion is normal. The processor isn't strong enough, so it has to crop some of the view.

Please try the slow motion again, if it still shows like that, you can contact DJI via online chat on www.dji.com/support and send it in when you don't plan to use it for a few weeks.

Thank you very much Thor - yeah it has happened on a few different shoots, so I will contact dji.

All the best,

Ryan
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules