What should the indicator bars look like?
839 5 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Okay, I'm a drone noob, and as such have what may be a less than brainy question for those more "seasoned", but here it is.....
What should the indicator bars look like on the compass and the IMU?  I see that green is excellent, and my bars are indeed green, BUT the green occupies a very small part of the entire bar - less than 10%.  I would assume that a full bar that is green is best, but that's why I'm asking.  Is a basically empty bar that is green okay?  Is there anything I can do to get a full bar that is green?  I have recolibrated a couple times on both the compass and the IMU, but the bar stays about the same.  
Thanks for any input!
Sarge

2016-12-4
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

It's my understanding (being a newbie myself) that the bars represent levels of interference. Less is better, so a bar that shows hardly any green is far better than a bar that shows as much green as would be possible.
2016-12-4
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Well, if that's correct, I'm golden!  
Thanks for the info!
Sarge
2016-12-4
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Wait for a more experienced member for their opinion, but that's the way I read it, and yours sounds tuned to perfection!
2016-12-4
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Yes, you want the smallest bar possible. This means that there is a low amount of interference detected. If the bars grow larger and become orange or red, then you have a problem.
2016-12-4
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

That cinches it then, I'm golden.
Thanks for the info and replies gentlemen!
Sarge
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules