1061 4 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know this is a waste of time but I thought I would put it out there as I am sure this won't be an isolated incident. Seems DJI have more bugs than I'm a Celebrity!!

First of all let me say that the last time I flew this rig I had no issues and have not touched any of my settings since.
So I'm out in the field with a client today, pre-flight checks all done and start up sequence entered and I get a message that a stick calibration is required.
I switch off the aircraft and complete the calibration process, reboot the transmitter, switch on the aircraft and the message is still there. So I go through the process again and again and again and..................................................... Finally the message goes away and I get the safe to fly GPS notification with 20 satellites. Home point is confirmed  and I take off.
It is my usual practice to hover at two meteres and check the control inputs before comencing the operation. So I yaw the air craft, fine, left, fine, right, fine, forward, fine, but when I try to move rear wards there is absolutely nothing and the aircraft in GPS mode is now drifting in the wind with no GPS hold. I manage to land and disarm and tried stick calibration again - same result and the light is fading. My client is getting the hump so I have to resort to my backup aircraft. Thankfully that was fine and I managed to complete the operation and relieve some of my embarassment.
When I got home I tried calibrating the sticks within assistant 2 with no joy so I took the following action.
Down graded LB2 and A3 firmware which wiped all my settings, reinstalled both updates and completed the setup parameters, bench tested and all was operating correctly again.
I have now modified my operations manual to include a bench test of my S1000 before leaving home. That should not be necessary, but it will save any future embarrassment.
The rig that failed today was:
S1000+
Lightbridge 2
A3
Z15 GH4

My back up which flew faultlessly out of the box..........................Yu***c H9*0 for GH4.

2016-12-4
Use props
emtjim1
lvl.1

United States

SkySight, I too am having the same issue.  For me it posed up after I upgraded to the A3, can you tell me what firmware versions you downgraded to?  I'd like to give that a shot.  Unfortunately i have also not gotten the second controller to work at all with the gimbal.  This has become very frustrating for me.  here is what works.   
2016-12-15
Use props
emtjim1
lvl.1

United States

I have an s1000 with the A3 / LB2 with duel controllers and the zenmuse 5D HD gimbal.  So when the controller calibration is not an issue I have full aircraft control with the master controller and good data on the dpi go App but no image from the gimbal.  Also on the master the left wheel operates the gimbal tilt.  on the slave I have nothing, no image and no gimbal movement, I know there is a slave to master link as all connection dates looks good.  My plan is to get the calibration issue fixed then move on to the slave unit.   Any suggestions you may have would much appreciated.  Jim
2016-12-15
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to downgrade the firmware and reinstall and then input all your settings again in Assistant.

DO NOT calibrate the RC in assistant (you don't need to) or you will get the error message again. Just check for 100% travel of the sticks.
2016-12-15
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

emtjim1 Posted at 2016-12-16 04:00
I have an s1000 with the A3 / LB2 with duel controllers and the zenmuse 5D HD gimbal.  So when the controller calibration is not an issue I have full aircraft control with the master controller and good data on the dpi go App but no image from the gimbal.  Also on the master the left wheel operates the gimbal tilt.  on the slave I have nothing, no image and no gimbal movement, I know there is a slave to master link as all connection dates looks good.  My plan is to get the calibration issue fixed then move on to the slave unit.   Any suggestions you may have would much appreciated.  Jim

If you have linked both your RC's OK, make sure the Master is not in 'coach' mode.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules