Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Controller for P2, H3-3D Returns to 45-degree Angle
2744 24 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin.bregar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19035 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my new controller bound to my Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D, but I don't think the gimbal tilt control wheel is working right. I've calibrated both using the hardware calibration instructions (hold both sticks up, turn on, etc...) and using RC Assistant. I've also calibrated X1 in PT2.

When you pull the wheel down, the gimbal tilts to straight down. When you let go, it returns to 45 degrees. Push up on the wheel, and it goes to straight ahead. Let go, back to 45 degrees. Having to hold the wheel in place to keep the gimbal pointed at a specific angle is really clumsy and I don't think this is the way it should work, right?

How do I fix this? Running all latest firmware.
2015-2-10
Use props
kleake.rapfire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

In the assistant software, I think it's the calibration tab, change it from "standard" control to the newer one,,,,, can't think of what it says off the top of my head, but you should see it.
2015-2-10
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's set to "Upgrade Version" in the RC tab of the PT2 app.

Is there something else I'm missing?
2015-2-10
Use props
kleake.rapfire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Well, that blows my theory....  That is the only thing I can think of that would do it, but I am not at home to look at the moment.
2015-2-10
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I mean, if this is the way it's supposed to work I'll just pop open the transmitter and pull the spring off of the thumbwheel... but it doesn't seem that's the case. I think it's supposed to work the way I'd expect (wheel moves it up and down and the "spring center" stops it wherever it is when you release).
2015-2-10
Use props
Mpsammons.wowwa
New

United States

I just got a new Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimble this weekend and I believe that your description..........When you pull the wheel down, the gimbal tilts to straight down. When you let go, it returns to 45 degrees. Push up on the wheel, and it goes to straight ahead. Let go, back to 45 degrees.....is the way it is supposed to work.  You are right, it is clumsy to hold in the down or up position for long.  I have been trying to figure out how to change the default camera angle position.  The 45 degree default seems to be angled to low, not sure it is possible to change...
2015-2-10
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Try this calibration on the transmitter only word for word.  Got this from Gil and he credits someone else that I don't remember.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-2-10
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem and have tried everything Ive read and did what Gerry1124 showed to do above but no luck. It needs to work like the vision+ . Move it and it stays were you move it, not return to center. Some one help me.
2015-2-10
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

buzzyboy Posted at 2015-2-11 11:47
I'm having the same problem and have tried everything Ive read and did what Gerry1124 showed to do a ...

Did you calibrate both calibrations in PT2, the sticks on the left calibration and the thumb wheel for the X1 indicator?
2015-2-10
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

this page, also select upgrade version and do sticks on the left calibration and thumb wheel on right side calibration
calibration page.jpg
2015-2-10
Use props
reaktor.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mine behaved this way when I first installed the H3-3D Gimbal. Once I upgraded the H3-3D to the latest firmware then the behaviour changed. So go to the Upgrade tab and make sure to upgrade your H3-3D.
2015-2-10
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I've done multiple calibrations of both the sticks and the X1 channel.

I've done the hardware calibration that was posted above.

My transmitter mode is set to "Upgrade Version" (see above)

My software seems to be up to date on all of the bits and pieces (see below).

This is really frustrating. DJI stuff works pretty well (I own the Phantom, have owned the S900 and Zenmuse, also own a Ronin) most of the time, but it can be kind of buggy when it comes to software.

2015-2-10
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update: I've even tried using the Windows PT2 Assistant, still no dice. Frustrating.
2015-2-10
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-11 11:53
Did you calibrate both calibrations in PT2, the sticks on the left calibration and the thumb wheel ...

Thanks for the help Gerry.  Yes I have and still no luck.  I read in another post someone had installed the older 3.6 version and found a h3 3d gimbal update there. Ever heard of that? They didn't say if they then re installed 3.8 I'll ask them. Anyway I'm going to try it. I'll let everyone know if it works or not
2015-2-12
Use props
cegwynne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13104 ft
United States

Having the same problem.  I can see why it might be designed this way to function, you always have it return to a 45 degree point of reference.  However, im updating my gig no with an FPV setup so i will see the angel and would prefer to have it stay in one position or have a higher default position.

Let me know if you come up with a solution!

2015-2-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Stan, in another thread, indicates he removed the spring from the tilt control.  That did the trick for him.  I'm curious as to if the wheel will have enough friction on it to stay where it is left.  I am also wondering if the spring is damaged during removal or if it can be reinstalled later.  He said to remove the back from the RC and then remove the 3 screws mounting the tilt control and remove the spring.
2015-2-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I looked at the spring on the tilt control wheel.  I really don't think I want to remove it.  I'm not sure about how the wheel will stay put without the spring in place.  Oh, there are only 2 screws holding the tilt control rather than 3.
2015-2-18
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Still no love. This is not very awesome.
2015-3-4
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

justin.bregar Posted at 2015-3-5 05:22
Still no love. This is not very awesome.

Justin, I had the exact problem.  I got it fixed last night.  Try this:  Hook up your Phantom to the computer..turn on remote and Phantom..Go to software... Double click on the gimbal software where it says"No updates".  I was able to download a gimbal update and several others by double clicking on the "No update"areas....Re-calibrate the Wheel. I now have a camera that stays where it was when you released the wheel and has full travel when you move the wheel up or down.  I did have to click on the "Norm" and change it to "REV"in the gimbal software as the wheel control was reversed when the changes were made..
2015-3-4
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-5 05:47
Justin, I had the exact problem.  I got it fixed last night.  Try this:  Hook up your Phantom to t ...

Attached is the display I had before updates.  I clicked on the blue "No updates" to uncover available updates.  It worked for me.  Good luck.
Phantom update 1.PNG
2015-3-4
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-3-5 07:51
Attached is the display I had before updates.  I clicked on the blue "No updates" to uncover avail ...

I found a gimbal update on the 3.06 version. Now it works like expected, move the camera and it stays were you put it. Now I need a FPV set up so I can see were the camera is pointing once I move it.
2015-3-5
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Justin, I have been waiting to hear back from you to see if you fixed your problem.
2015-3-8
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>

I've been traveling, but I'll give it a try when I get back home end of this week.
2015-3-16
Use props
jelo
New

Slovenia

Hey guys.

I've had my phantom for quite a while now and I decided to upgrade my RC. So bought new one and i couldn't get it to work properly. The camera kept comming back to 45 degree angle.. It did move up and down nicely and smoothly but when i let go of the button it would return back to 45 degree.. I tried everything. Upgraded every firmware the assistant was telling me to.. The 3.8 asistant that is.  Still no love... Tried uninstalling reinstalling everything few times... Tried calibrating in RC System Asistant, tried calibrating the RC manualy (which did fix the tilt control button to turn camera smoothly. be4 that it was jumpy and and it didnt move equally)  Anyways after several long hours of trying and reading forums I found the thing that worked for me.

SOLUTION:
Download Phantom Asistant  v3.6 (dunno why but my v3.8 updated all firmwares and said there are no new upgrades). So I installed 3.6 and there i saw my MC Firmware was v 3.0.4. and next to it it said no new updates available.. I clicked on it and as it turned out there was a MC upgrade available from 3.0.4 to 3.0.12 . Aaaaaaand that finnaly fixed it for me.

my piece of cake from Slovenia.
cheers
2015-3-20
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yep. I clicked through and forced some upgrades and now mine works perfectly as well.
2015-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules