I think we should all change the wifi password
3262 11 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If your mavic goes down and someone picks it up they can fly it with wifi and there's a possibility you won't get it back so I'm going to change my password. I just thought you guys should know this.

2016-12-4
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

I suppose something like this could happen. But I think anybody who's going to fly the Mavic Pro using Wi-Fi is definitely going to think about changing the Wi-Fi password pretty quickly. It's like when a person purchases a new Wi-Fi router, somewhere along the way during setting it up, the person will think about changing the WPA key, for most people, it's the first thing they do in fact.

So I like to think that most Mavic Pro owners aren't stupid and will take security into their own hands before taking flight and sharing the drone amongst their fellow buddies.
2016-12-4
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

How do you change the password?
2016-12-4
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I liked the acting!
2016-12-4
Use props
fansebeed138
lvl.2
United States

I guess the pilot would also have to be a little naïve to just let someone hold it and not be supervised, and the robber would need to know how to use the app, and fly a drone ect..
I get your point, change your password, I've done this on all my devices and my Osmo.
But still all the planets would have to be aligned just right for someone not skilled to just download the app and flip the switch and take off.
A true thief, once you handed them your bird would knock you over the head and take off running, hoping to sell it later.

Just my 2 cents.., but yes at all times you should always change your password from the defaults.
I just like being the devils advocate sometimes.  {:4_181:}{:4_154:}
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny video, thanks for posting.
As someone else said, this exact thing happening is very slim as I wouldn't think you'd let someone mess around an take a photo of the sticker and switch it to WiFi.
If someone wanted it, and fully intended to steal it, I don't think it would be a friendly conversation.

But I totally agree, better to be safe than sorry.
2016-12-6
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

If someone takes it can't they factory reset the drone and password back to default anyway?
2016-12-6
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What I'm thinking is if you lost your mavic and you put your telephone number on it so someone could return it what if they YouTube mavic videos and think I'll keep it because I can use my phone. You stand more of a chance of getting your mavic back if they cannot fly it. I think you need the password to change the password I don't know yet, I haven't changed mine but I will when I get home. It's just a thought it could happen.
2016-12-6
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-7 04:55
If someone takes it can't they factory reset the drone and password back to default anyway?

Yup, not yet having it here that is what came to my mind immediatly as well...

Nils
2016-12-7
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

How do you change the password?
2016-12-7
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

United Kingdom