Phantom 3 Standard will not connect to DJI GO App
22783 32 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

Having some trouble getting my drone connected to the DJI GO App. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app countless times and it still won't work. So I open the app to start (I don't have the RC or Drone on at this point, because I first want to use the app to see the instructions on how to connect) and the app is already showing the option "Camera" when I swipe over the Inspire 1 for some reason (screenshots below), but when I swipe over to the Phantom 3 Standard, it shows "How to connect", as it should. So I read how to connect.

So then I exit the app, turn on the RC, turn on the drone, I get green lights on both, so I know both are connected fine to each other. I then find the WiFi the RC creates, and connect to it fine, no issues there. I then open the app, and the app shows the same thing as it showed before when I had neither the RC or the drone on, weirdly. As I swipe over the Inspire 1, it gives me the option "Camera" for some reason, but when I swipe to the Phantom 3 Standard, it still shows "How to connect". So then I say fine, let's see what happens when I try to enter camera view from the Inspire 1. Camera view opens, but at the top it says "Disconnected" and no preview from the camera shows up.

I've already tried re-linking the RC and the drone, as shown in this video:

with no luck. I am starting to wonder if I am doing something wrong, or the app is just not working properly.

Phone: Moto G (3rd Gen)
OS Version: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
App Version: 3.1.0

Screenshot (Dec 4, 2016 10-21-23 PM).png

Screenshot (Dec 5, 2016 12-41-38 AM).png

2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Since the phone is not connected to the remote, you will get the black screen page.
May I know have you tried another mobile device and checked the performance?
How long you've owned it?
2016-12-4
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-5 02:01
Since the phone is not connected to the remote, you will get the black screen page.
May I know have you tried another mobile device and checked the performance?
How long you've owned it?

Yes, I tried an iPhone SE and it worked fine. I've owned the drone for only about 2 weeks now. I'm confused why you say that the phone is not connected to the remote. My phone connects to the WiFi network that the RC creates perfectly.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MAHONEYDRONE Posted at 2016-12-6 05:35
Yes, I tried an iPhone SE and it worked fine. I've owned the drone for only about 2 weeks now. I'm confused why you say that the phone is not connected to the remote. My phone connects to the WiFi network that the RC creates perfectly.

It says "Disconnected" and APP screen is black, which means the mobile device is not connected to remote properly even through the WiFi shows connect.
Since it's working fine with your iPhone SE, that means no problem with aircraft and remote.
Moto G is not in DJI recommend device list, the performance cannot be guaranteed, please use your iPhone SE to connect remote and enjoy it.
2016-12-5
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-5 22:58
It says "Disconnected" and APP screen is black, which means the mobile device is not connected to remote properly even through the WiFi shows connect.
Since it's working fine with your iPhone SE, that means no problem with aircraft and remote.
Moto G is not in DJI recommend device list, the performance cannot be guaranteed, please use your iPhone SE to connect remote and enjoy it.

Yes, I am fully aware the Moto G is not on the recommended device list. But the thing is, the iPhone SE is not my phone, so it's a bit unfortunate to have to use it every time I want to fly. Will there be an update pushed to the Google Play Store soon hopefully, to fix my issues?
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MAHONEYDRONE Posted at 2016-12-6 13:55
Yes, I am fully aware the Moto G is not on the recommended device list. But the thing is, the iPhone SE is not my phone, so it's a bit unfortunate to have to use it every time I want to fly. Will there be an update pushed to the Google Play Store soon hopefully, to fix my issues?

Maybe you can try different APP version to check whether you can get it work:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-12-5
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 01:18
Maybe you can try different APP version to check whether you can get it work:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

The link you just gave, linked to a page of a DJI GO APK, and it says the latest version is: 3.1.0... I'm pretty sure I already have that version already installed on my phone.
2016-12-5
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Do you have VPN active on your phone - if yes then you need to make sure it's turned off.
2016-12-5
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

MAHONEYDRONE Posted at 2016-12-6 15:13
The link you just gave, linked to a page of a DJI GO APK, and it says the latest version is: 3.1.0... I'm pretty sure I already have that version already installed on my phone.

What Natalia ask to try download the older version to test it again.
If you're now with DJI GO 3.1.0, then go to https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot and try download maybe 2.9.1 or 2.8.4.....etc.

-Uninstall the current version before install the version you download before install.
-Delete the DJI and DJI.PILOT folder on your device storage before install the download version DJI GO apps.
2016-12-6
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

joe_gadget Posted at 2016-12-6 02:58
Do you have VPN active on your phone - if yes then you need to make sure it's turned off.

Nope, I do not have a VPN active on my phone
2016-12-6
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-6 03:08
What Natalia ask to try download the older version to test it again.
If you're now with DJI GO 3.1.0, then go to https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot and try download maybe 2.9.1 or 2.8.4.....etc.

Thanks for the comment, giving it a try now...
2016-12-6
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

MAHONEYDRONE Posted at 2016-12-7 01:27
Thanks for the comment, giving it a try now...

v2.9.1 didn't work.. gonna try v3.0.1...

EDIT: v3.0.1 didn't work... gonna try v2.8.4...

EDIT2: v2.8.4 didn't work... yay
2016-12-6
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

MAHONEYDRONE Posted at 2016-12-5 23:55

I use both the Motorola Moto G3 (16G) and Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) with the App and they are just fine. So don't let anybody tell you they are not recommended or not on the list.
2016-12-7
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-7 05:35
I use both the Motorola Moto G3 (16G) and Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) with the App and they are just fine. So don't let anybody tell you they are not recommended or not on the list.

That's so weird that you also have the Moto G3 and yet it works for you... what drone do you have?
2016-12-7
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

I am using a Phantom 3 Standard.
2016-12-7
Use props
Chad jantz
New

United States

I am having a problem with that update as well .  I have a brand new P3 4k and iphone7     Its been almost a week not working
2016-12-7
Use props
MAHONEYDRONE
lvl.1

United States

Just got the the app (v3.1.0) working on an extra phone I had lying around, the HTC One M8... I guess I'll use this until an update is pushed out to fix the issues I'm having with my Moto G3. I also forgot to mention that I have the Moto G3 8GB, not the 16GB... I guess that's why BillW50's Moto works, but not mine.
2016-12-7
Use props
Frust Trated
New

Canada

Anyone got a solution to this?  
2017-2-18
Use props
Frust Trated
New

Canada

Its very sad.  I had 2 tablets and a cell phone that had the old app and I was able to use my Phantom 3 Professional with ease.  I didn't use it for a while and when I turned it on I was forced to update the app on all of my devices.  I did the firmware updates, just like all the times before.  Now i have exactly the same problem that is describe above and I can not find a solution; I can not enter Camera mode, much less get connected to the drone.  I now have a very expensive paperweight.  

Why not give up on trying to make an app that works for all these different electronic device and just include a view screen that is built into the remote controller.  Gosh, this seems so simple.  One view screen for everyone, no app issue and no upset consumers who can not use their purchase because someone decided to update an app and cause their old devices to be useless.  Might cost more, but seems cheaper than my having to buy a new tablet every time some one decides to make a change and forces me to accept it.

Anyone from DJI there to help me get my Phantom 3 Professional flying again?  
2017-2-18
Use props
Frust Trated
New

Canada

I've experience the same problem as many others.  I was forced to accept the DJI Go App and now my P3P only shows the button "How to Connect".  I had not used or touched my P3P unitl I started the DJI Pilot App and had to update.  Now, I can NOT get the camera view and my P3P is now an expensive paperwieght that takes pictures.  (Yes the gimbal wheel turns the camera and the shutter button works).   DJI support has failed in their attempts to help me.  My P3P worked well and I had 3 devices that I could use to control it before the "updates" to DJI Go.  

Read a lot of similar situations, no solutions that work for me.  

Is it time for other solutions?   

Perhaps DJI should provide a tablet like device that is exclusive to their drones.   One device that comes with the drone and works.  It doesn't have to do anything else; just let me fly my P3P that I paid for.   

Please FIX

-Ed-
2017-2-24
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Frust Trated Posted at 2017-2-24 11:12
I've experience the same problem as many others.  I was forced to accept the DJI Go App and now my P3P only shows the button "How to Connect".  I had not used or touched my P3P unitl I started the DJI Pilot App and had to update.  Now, I can NOT get the camera view and my P3P is now an expensive paperwieght that takes pictures.  (Yes the gimbal wheel turns the camera and the shutter button works).   DJI support has failed in their attempts to help me.  My P3P worked well and I had 3 devices that I could use to control it before the "updates" to DJI Go.  

Read a lot of similar situations, no solutions that work for me.  

I have the exact same issue here and I am absolutely livid with anger. Forced to take an update and I now can not fly it on 2 devices. NOTHING WORKS!!

I will not be left with a 1k paperweight that is for sure, if solutions are not found I'm taking further action here. Absolutely shocking!  
2017-2-28
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

I to have had the same issue for months,  I had to end up buying a new remote, it works now but not sure what the issue is with my other remote,  it still controls the drone as far as gimbal and motors I just cannot access live view or make it connect to the app,
2017-3-1
Use props
fans4347fa7f
New
Flight distance : 3402 ft
United Kingdom

I have never been able to connect my iPhone 6s.  I also tried my iPad 3.  Same issue.  I bought a £30 android device and it connects perfectly.  I've flown it a few times with that but it is so laggy that if I don't keep an I on it in the sky I lose it and have to wait a few seconds for it to catch up so I can work out where it is.

Last night I remembered that I had an old iPhone 5s knocking around so I gave that a try.  Downloaded the same app from my apple account and it connected no problems.  I'm going to look into this a bit further because it can't just be a problem with the aircraft.  I suspect that there might be issues with setting on the phone somewhere.  Possibly to do with location services or background app settings.

It is a bit ridiculous for such an expensive piece of equipment there are so many issues over such a long period of time.
2017-6-22
Use props
Cliffrose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8104 ft
Thailand

Ever notice that Natalia disappears as soon as her textbook answers fail?

What kind of customer support is that DJI?
2017-7-12
Use props
Imtiaz
New

India

Any solution.?
2017-7-14
Use props
fans526005c1
New
United States

I am outraged I can NOT connect to my DJI 3Pro anymore! what in the world it is happening with DJI???  none of my IOS devices can log into my account since the app updated , not mi ipad Mini not my iphone  SE and now I am wondering what to do if sell this useless device and forget DJI forever or what ! anyone has found any solution on log in in again and make this device work or not??  how could they leave users stranded like this with no solution

2017-7-15
Use props
Kevke5
New

Belgium

I had the exact problem..LEADZrUS comment worked.  "open the controller....push the horizontal chip on the bottom left back in....done"
Pull the four screws on the back and open the controller up.  Theres a square chip with a bunch of prongs on the back..it was loose.  Pushed it back into place (pins in holes) and it solved the problem!
2017-7-19
Use props
Tanase
New

Trinidad and Tobago

Did the firmware update today, haven't flown in months... when I tried to fly my P3 Pro, I was prompted to update firmware. Both drone and RC updated fine but the RC won't connect to the app.  This is really unfair and DJI don't seem to care. Maybe they want us to buy the newer models.

2017-7-19
Use props
fans6b094927
New
United States

Did anyone get a fix for this?
2017-10-27
Use props
Cliffrose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8104 ft
Thailand

I did, I bought a second P3P, and sent my defective controller to China for repair, which ended up being a bad USB port. It took DJI 3 months to replace the USB module. My second P3P started exhibiting similar disconnects. This time, I bent the two prongs in the female port using a miniature flat screwdriver. That worked. It's important that the last step in the connection process is the cable end to the mobile device. I have read anywhere that is the correct method, but it works for me every time. You can feel the device vibrate when a connection is made. One last thing, I've switched over to Litchi, and that has made a world of difference, eliminating data drops in flight. Litchi is a much smoother flight experience.
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_v9YPk4DQJytK
New

United States

I had this problem until I turned off my mobile data.
2018-10-28
Use props
Drone-1 user
New

Netherlands

Me too. When i turn it OFF problem was solved.
2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_MzZVbZFyjNfT
New

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:35
I use both the Motorola Moto G3 (16G) and Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) with the App and they are just fine. So don't let anybody tell you they are not recommended or not on the list.

Our P3 Standard has always worked well with my motorola phone and the DJI Go app.  Not today.  It comes on, have control for flight but will not connect to the camera.  Nothing works and we have to film next week.  Ugh.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules