12Next >
6325 45 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6037 ft
United Kingdom

2weeks ago my mavic (whilst switching to active track) decided to fly away uncontrolled.  Subsequently hitting trees and damaging the props.

Having had other issues, loss of GPS signal, dropped and frozen video footage,a frozen battery, I decided to contact Dji support.

They advised me to send the unit (minus props) plus the controller and frozen battery back to the repair centre in Holland. Which I did.

Fast forward a week. I have received an invoice for €120. Apparently repairing damage to non existing problems.

This was my reply:

Hi.

Just received your repair estimate.

First of all how can you charge me at all when your drone flew on its own into a tree causing the damage? the fault lies with you not me.

Secondly how can you charge me for new propellers?  I didn't send you any? you should be replacing the 2 damaged ones I have put in the bin here.

There were no cracks in the shell at all. so again where has this come from?

If you check the items received email you will see I did not include any.

The most I'm willing to pay is for the motor and service pay and even then I feel you are ripping me off .

Please readjust the invoice accordingly.

I can only express my disgust at this matter as it was a fly away that caused the alleged damage.   Have you solved the issue of it flying away ?

The first thing I will be doing when it returns is selling it. I can't have a drone and a company I cannot trust.

Please be assured I will be broadcasting this far and wide.

Bryn

Screenshot_20161205-091516.png
2016-12-5
Use props
KJUmuI3PzpcL
lvl.2

United States

"The most I'm willing to pay is for the motor and service pay and even then I feel you are ripping me off"

sounds strange, why do you offer to pay anything if you did nothing wrong? are you sure you did not do anything out of normal operating conditions? you would need to post your flight log.
2016-12-5
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I uploaded the flight logs to DJI prior to return which shows the flyaway.  But they are not accepting responsibility.  

I was in a large open field with no interference and the mavic was no more than 20m away.

I'll pay just to get it back asap.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-5 17:58
I uploaded the flight logs to DJI prior to return which shows the flyaway.  But they are not accepting responsibility.  

I was in a large open field with no interference and the mavic was no more than 20m away.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
We can arrange the flight data analysis for you.
2016-12-5
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-5 10:53
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
We can arrange the flight data analysis for you.

I tried to Personal Message you but it's not working
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-5 19:36
I tried to Personal Message you but it's not working

I can check your case number via your forum account email.
Will arrange a data analysis for you.
2016-12-5
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

19 days later I am still waiting.

The log shows an uncontrolled departure but apparently it is still being investigated.

I had projects to do which have been given to others   I don't expect it back before Christmas.
2016-12-20
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-20 18:04
19 days later I am still waiting.

The log shows an uncontrolled departure but apparently it is still being investigated.

But you are selling it once you recive it back ???? Sooooo?? Projects ?
2016-12-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

"Please be assured I will be broadcasting this far and wide."

Does this include when you sell it off as BROKEN/FOR PARTS?

2016-12-20
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-20 13:18

why don't you support a fellow drone user who obviously has had a problem with his new Mavic, causing it to break rather than attacking him?
2016-12-20
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-20 21:25
why don't you support a fellow drone user who obviously has had a problem with his new Mavic, causing it to break rather than attacking him?

I am god .. please send me all your money.
2016-12-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-20 12:06
I am god .. please send me all your money.

Well since DJI keep coming out with such cool products, it's more like:

WE ARE DJI...  ALL YOUR MONEY BELONG TO US

In 1 month, got a P4P+ and a Mavic.  Not sure the ole wallet is gonna survive!  
2016-12-20
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-20 07:18

I don't get this either. Anytime someone has a problem similar to this there is always someone that has to point the finger and yell user error.  Maybe it is but you don't know the details and everyone including yourself is capable of error. Meanwhile a fellow forum member is without a drone and paying for costly repairs and you just want to make him feel worse.  You are a total bad @$$ hiding behind your computer aren't you?
2016-12-20
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Put it this way.  I don't feel bad for posting what I did and stand by everything I said. Not a keyboard warrior like some of the replies.

Facts are simple:

Selecting ActiveTrack caused the mavic to depart normal flight (Logs show this) and strike trees.
Frozen frames and glitches in record made the footage unusable.
The first invoice included damage to propellers (which I never returned)
I complained and they now have sent it for "review", over 10 days ago.
I have cancelled BASE jumping projects and had to give them away.
It will be sold as soon as it returns with an honest disclaimer.

I am an experienced user having self built many drones and this was my first complete all in one.

Go and rag on someone else who really cares.  
2016-12-21
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

It sounds like it's a bad situation but selling it off in protest affects DJI in no way other than them hypothetically missing out in some possible repair money in the future.  While it sucks, not having the Mavic didn't force you to cancel your base jumping projects.  It just meant you couldn't film them with the Mavic.  I'm on your side here but some things just aren't directly related to others.  For instance, if DJI had been willing to do all the repairs for free but you still didn't get it back in time to do your base jumping, would you still be of the same mindset?  
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-21 07:24
Put it this way.  I don't feel bad for posting what I did and stand by everything I said. Not a keyboard warrior like some of the replies.

Facts are simple:

What is your email and I will review your flight. DJI has already made their decision but I would like to review the flight.
Or provide your case#.
2016-12-21
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-12-21 17:57
https://youtu.be/x3v4Gn9kXTU  Here is a little video of what i have run into my mavice when I first got it 17 days before, If your front folding arms are not so snappy that means the cable is getting kinked.

This can only mean one thing. Thermal winds.
2016-12-21
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like you did the classic, follow mode and didn't check your surroundings to me.
2016-12-21
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-22 02:14
This can only mean one thing. Thermal winds.

That one just NEVER gets old, does it? LOL
2016-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-21 14:24

Facts are simple:

Sorry to hear about your Crash..
It still would be interesting to find out exactly what happened , was firmwear up to date, also you said you were in an open field , maybe not so open when you hit a tree, or rather the drone hit a tree, I think it might be worthwhile getting all the information, if dji are responsible I think they will look after you. Good luck
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-21 14:34
It sounds like it's a bad situation but selling it off in protest affects DJI in no way other than them hypothetically missing out in some possible repair money in the future.  While it sucks, not having the Mavic didn't force you to cancel your base jumping projects.  It just meant you couldn't film them with the Mavic.  I'm on your side here but some things just aren't directly related to others.  For instance, if DJI had been willing to do all the repairs for free but you still didn't get it back in time to do your base jumping, would you still be of the same mindset?

If it didn't crash in the first place then I wouldn't be in this position.

As it's the only drone I have then I couldn't go.  I wouldn't borrow someone elses for this given the nature of the filming.
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-21 19:35
Sorry to hear about your Crash..
It still would be interesting to find out exactly what happened , was firmwear up to date, also you said you were in an open field , maybe not so open when you hit a tree, or rather the drone hit a tree, I think it might be worthwhile getting all the information, if dji are responsible I think they will look after you. Good luck

Everything was up to date.  Compass and IMU calibration all done prior.

The field was clear and on selecting active trak it then decided to go on it's own.
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-21 18:32
Sounds like you did the classic, follow mode and didn't check your surroundings to me.

And that's where you would be wrong. As I hadn't moved when it departed on its own.
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 18:08
What is your email and I will review your flight. DJI has already made their decision but I would like to review the flight.
Or provide your case#.

PM'd thanks
2016-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-21 19:54
Everything was up to date.  Compass and IMU calibration all done prior.

The field was clear and on selecting active trak it then decided to go on it's own.

I'm sure it will get sorted, think regarding crashes , dji go a long way to looking after there customers. I wouldn't be too quick to knock them,
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-21 20:07
I'm sure it will get sorted, think regarding crashes , dji go a long way to looking after there customers. I wouldn't be too quick to knock them,

I understand things go wrong but to charged for something that wasn't my fault and then charge for equipment I didn't send doesn't sit too well.

It will get resolved I know but the process has been tedious and lengthy.

Thanks
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I have no PM message with your email so I can review your flight.
Just post your case# here and I can get your email from that.
2016-12-21
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Seems fishy to ignore DJI Ken twice, just sayin! It's either pilot error or thermal winds after reviewing no data or flight logs
2016-12-21
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-12-21 19:08
Seems fishy to ignore DJI Ken twice, just sayin! It's either pilot error or thermal winds after reviewing no data or flight logs

I don't think he is ignoring Ken....I have issues wit sending /receiving PM's as well.
2016-12-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

its  €120 only.  and they are repairing your quad.  Where is the rip off? Actually this looks ok if it had happen to me. But, if you have evidence that it flew by itself, well, its another story.
2016-12-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 15:12
I have no PM message with your email so I can review your flight.
Just post your case# here and I can get your email from that.

Thanks for trying Ken,  this seems to be a strange case for sure!  

Sorry he had trouble with his new Mavic

Rich
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-21 19:07
Thanks for trying Ken,  this seems to be a strange case for sure!  

Sorry he had trouble with his new Mavic

Me too, I am receiving PM's from other members.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-21 13:25
I understand things go wrong but to charged for something that wasn't my fault and then charge for equipment I didn't send doesn't sit too well.

It will get resolved I know but the process has been tedious and lengthy.

Post your case# or email and I will review the flight.
2016-12-21
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 04:45
Post your case# or email and I will review the flight.

This isn't the first time people haven't received PM's.

Case Number: CAS-337710-D5D6X5

FYI:  I have custom stick assignment.  (Left stick) Up/Down = Throttle       Right/Left = Yaw     (Right stick) Up/Down = Forward/back   Right/Left= Right/Left turn
2016-12-22
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-12-22 01:08

It's not a question of ignoring.

I don't know if you know there are other countries outside of the US?  Depending where Ken is he could be 6 -9 hours behind of GMT.

The logs were uploaded at the time of sending the Mavic back.

Don't be so quick to judge.  Fact check is your friend!
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-22 03:27

I'll look into it now.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-22 03:30
It's not a question of ignoring.

I don't know if you know there are other countries outside of the US?  Depending where Ken is he could be 6 -9 hours behind of GMT.

I am in the US.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-22 03:27

I do not see any errors in the last several flights. The only one I see with Active Track being used was the 4th from the last flight and I don't see a crash as at when you were landing you got the message "Plain Ground, Safe to Land".
Then there's 3 flights after that with no issues.
That's what I see from your flight records, the repair center analyzed the flight data recorder and can obtain much more info. If they charged you then there was no malfunction of the aircraft.
I am sorry about that.
2016-12-22
Use props
Skydog1592 8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 16:14
I do not see any errors in the last several flights. The only one I see with Active Track being used was the 4th from the last flight and I don't see a crash as at when you were landing you got the message "Plain Ground, Safe to Land".
Then there's 3 flights after that with no issues.
That's what I see from your flight records, the repair center analyzed the flight data recorder and can obtain much more info. If they charged you then there was no malfunction of the aircraft.

Its the 9 min flight. (It's the 6th flight down)

At the 7min 52 sec point it goes left and then can be seen spinning after hitting the tree branch.  Immediately it goes I try and correct it.  After striking the branch I took it off active track and flew it back.  You'll see the motor obstructed warning come up.

With my stick configuration you can see no input to start it going.
This departure and several other issues prompted me to return the Mavic for investigation and then issued an invoice for damage items that weren't there (Propellers and cracked case)

I haven't been recharged as yet as I've had no word from the technical dept since the 5th December.

2016-12-22
Use props
TheSasquatch
New

United States

Skydog1592 8 Posted at 2016-12-23 01:55
Its the 9 min flight. (It's the 6th flight down)

At the 7min 52 sec point it goes left and then can be seen spinning after hitting the tree branch.  Immediately it goes I try and correct it.  After striking the branch I took it off active track and flew it back.  You'll see the motor obstructed warning come up.

*** IF YOU ALL THINK THIS INCIDENT IS ISOLATED READ MY EXPERIENCE FROM THIS WEEK!! **
Case Number:  CAS-362069-Z4H9Y3
I received my Mavic in early november as I was one of the "lucky" ones. I flew it about 10 times and all were short but successful flights. NONE OF THE LANDINGS WERE HARD AND ABSOLUTELY NO "WRECKS" or impacts that could harm my drone physically in any way.

I left my drone in it's bag for a week while I was gone for Thanksgiving. When I attempted to fly it again, I couldn't get any video on my phone. I tried everything to get a picture / image from the drone camera but it remained black.

-- After working with DJI support for about an hour and attempting to do the camera calibration using the computer screen calibration grid and even downgrading and re-updating the firmware, I finally agreed to send-in my drone last week (knowing I would probably not get it back before Christmas ...
The day after DJI received my drone, I received a "repair estimate" to my email for $270. The repair order cited "significant impact damage" to the drone. Keep in mind, I sent-in a drone that was pristine and has never been wrecked. In the box I sent to DJI was a perfect drone (not even a mark on it -- maybe a white mark on one propeller from rubbing against something in it's bag).

The repair order quotation stated "Remarks:        Non-warranty. Impact damages not covered under warranty."

tem        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Middle Frame        1        4.00        4.00
Gimbal Control Board        1        17.00        17.00
Front Vision 2        1        29.00        29.00
Top Cover        1        1.00        1.00
Intelligent Flight Battery        1        89.00        89.00
Service Charge        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        270.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        270.00

When I received this email, I was beside myself as I KNEW my drone had never been damaged. I immediately contacted support twice -- attempting to speak with someone who spoke English well-enough to be able to understand my concern. After the second round of attempting to explain to them by phone and only getting "we will notate this on your CASE", I received an email stating "we are sorry for the inconvenience but, unfortunately cannot do anything for you (paraphrasing).."

I was so frustrated and worried that I wouldn't get my drone back before Christmas that I went-ahead and paid the estimate by PayPal hoping to get my drone back quickly. However, I called DJI again [MERELY TO ASK THAT THEY BE SURE TO INCLUDE MY ORIGINAL BATTERY AS THEY ARE CHARGING ME FOR AN ENTIRELY NEW BATTERY?!]... their response again was "We are sorry for the frustration you have experienced. Unfortunately, we destroy and dispose properly of all batteries"..... SO.... I immediately contacted DJI again (this time quite upset) and attempted to be kind and explain that I simply felt that they at LEAST owed it to me to send both my original (perfectly-working) battery along with this new one I was charged for (without reason).

At this point, I am still waiting for a response to my NEW case # which simply requests for my original battery back. I don't believe I have ever had an experience such as this with ANY customer service before. DJI uses the language barrier to maintain negligence with actually resolving customer concerns.

JUST AS YOU ALL HAVE SCOLDED the original poster of this thread for, I too, immediately paid for a repair estimate even though my drone was in PERFECT condition when I sent it in simply to be sure to get it back quickly and not attempt to argue with them -- even though I KNOW I honestly thought I was sending my drone in for a simple warranty issue.

ALL I WANT IS MY ORIGINAL BATTERY BACK SINCE I WAS FORCED TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE FOR NO REASON. This is a blatant abuse of power on DJI's part to replace multiple parts and charge the customer. And then not allowing the customer the chance to even speak with those with knowledge of the Case to sort it out or help  the customer understand.

I did not know where else to post my experience this week and then found this thread. I'm sure the moderators will probably [NOW] give more attention than I received over 4 customer service calls simply because I'm using my right to voice my experience publicly.
2016-12-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules