Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How high can it go?
3854 27 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

What is the highest one of these have been? Is there a way to remove the limits of hight? Dont chim in if your going to cry its against the law im just curious.
2015-2-10
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

If you are looking at flight ceiling i'd say about 3000-3500 meters AMSL for a stock P2V+ V3
2015-2-10
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-11 11:38
If you are looking at flight ceiling i'd say about 3000-3500 meters AMSL for a stock P2V+ V3

So possibly 11000 ft
2015-2-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just add up the time at the approx. vertical speed  - and the slower descent speed, although the descent speed (I think) can be changed.

Even at 5 meters per second up and 2 meters per second down, that would be
6 minutes up = 1800 meters - which would then take 15 minutes to come down from.

As far as "the law", it's not as much about that as it is that a Phantom could bring down a jet aircraft....and probably will someday. It will also bring down most other civilian aircraft. There is almost nowhere in the world where aircraft don't fly at altitude.

Maybe you are curious, but large numbers of people are actually flying their quads up thousands of feet - which worries me because I care about the lives of those on-board real aircraft (including myself).
2015-2-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

There is a video of a Phantom flying at 17.400 foot altitude from base camp on mount Everest.
2015-2-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

Yep around that,  units that weigh less can likely go a bit higher and still have stable flight but the air is getting very thin up there.  My P2V+ V2 was still flying at about 3200 meters AMSL but it had a really hard time with stability when there was some wind, my V3 is more stable at these alts due to the increased thrust. Btw I'm flying only at around 100-150 meters AGL for those AMSL altitudes ;).
2015-2-11
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.1

United States

It's against the law because of danger to aircraft in REGULATED airspace.  But I'm sure it's okay for you to fly up there.   You're special.
2015-2-11
Use props
oakspi
Second Officer

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-2-12 09:58
Just add up the time at the approx. vertical speed  - and the slower descent speed, although the des ...

I hear it can go down very fast in manual mode.  I never tried it.
2015-2-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

oakspi Posted at 2015-2-12 12:18
I hear it can go down very fast in manual mode.  I never tried it.

yeah it will go down fast in manual mode since it doesn't have descent speed limit.  You can also do a CSC which would mean the descent speed is only limited by gravity and Phantom aerodynamics
2015-2-12
Use props
kleake.rapfire
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Yes, I was playing around in manual mode one day and saw almost 30mph decent speed!  When watching the video replay, at the point I throttled down, the motor RPMs went right to idle, so yes, full manual will let you drop, however I don't know how stable it would be, nor how quick it would recover if falling too fast.  30mph was MUCH faster than I was intending, I was only aiming for maybe 8-10max.
2015-2-12
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.4

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-12 22:16
yeah it will go down fast in manual mode since it doesn't have descent speed limit.  You can also  ...

I wonder if you could do a CSC, let it fall for a few thousand feet, and then start the motors back up and be able to recover. I've done about 200' free falls like that with my Hubsan and was able to recover.
2015-2-12
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-2-12 23:19
I wonder if you could do a CSC, let it fall for a few thousand feet, and then start the motors bac ...

From what I've heard some have done it but can't  tell you about it first hand.  The drop in manual mode I tried and know it works.
2015-2-12
Use props
teedo757
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

Try to move the phantom forward as you drop or you may get caught in the prop wash and it will be unable to recover and smash into the ground.
2015-2-12
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

leehartley2000. Posted at 2015-2-12 11:20
It's against the law because of danger to aircraft in REGULATED airspace.  But I'm sure it's okay fo ...

Who are you talking to?
2015-2-12
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I wonder if you could do a CSC, let it fall for a few thousand feet, and then start the motors bac ...

Don't forget that you don't know what the wind is like up a couple of thousand feet. It could be blown a considerable distance from your take off location, especially with the motors off.
2015-2-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anyone who happens to read this public forum......

If they all knew better, we wouldn't be having daily reports of crazy stunts.
2015-2-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you were really going for gold you'd put a parachute on it with a barometric sensor - and run it up until the battery failed, let it fall a couple thousand feet and then have the parachute deploy.....

Since we are being theoretical, I wonder if a second battery could be fed into it....probably so with some hacking,.....
2015-2-12
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I get mine upto 1800ft, I have the TX set to FCC mode and its a stock phantom vision, there isn't a height limiter as such just an advisory setting in the phantom asst software, simply go into limits and set the max height to whatever you want, click ok to the warning and you are done.
2015-2-13
Use props
talk2t_c
Second Officer

France

If you did decide to try it.  Can you film the quad coming down if possible and let us know how many pieces you get?
2015-2-13
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

lol, but no seriously, if you factor in a big enough height and the speed of descent of an object in freefall, taking into account the weight and the effect of gravity on a falling body then yes you can do a CSC and let it drop, and then restart and power up, there are youtube vids on this but I cant be arsed searching for them
2015-2-13
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-2-13 10:50
Anyone who happens to read this public forum......

If they all knew better, we wouldn't be having ...

I dont think it's a big deal to talk about it and really doubt that many people would be that stupid to actually try it.
2015-2-13
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I have climbed a Phantom to 10,000 feet above ground, killed the motors and saved it at 200 feet. Now of course that was on the Realflight 7.5 simulator
2015-2-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

Never underestimate stupid jeep!  Look how many idiots it took to get the government and media attention.  Not many.
2015-2-14
Use props
marcello.lacave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3378136 ft
Italy

Hallo everybody, the camera of my brand new P2V+ V3 is leaning from one side (just one or two degrees)  I know this is a common problem but seems no one has found a solution so far but return it to DJI for fixing.  Can someone please  help me  with a solution. thanks a lot.
2015-2-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

marcello.lacave Posted at 2015-2-15 07:29
Hallo everybody, the camera of my brand new P2V+ V3 is leaning from one side (just one or two degree ...

Do  you mean the video is crooked? (not level)
2015-2-14
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-15 07:35
Do  you mean the video is crooked? (not level)

Dont you have to level it when you calibrate it?
2015-2-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-20 10:45
Dont you have to level it when you calibrate it?

Set the Phantom on the levelest place you can find, but not on metal.
2015-2-19
Use props
philbard
lvl.3
United States

Of course it would be foolish for someone to fly a Phantom to 11,000 from a location at sea level due to risks with aircraft, but for those of you jumping in to criticize the question, did you ever consider that we might be looking to find out how high we can fly in situations where we might be way above sea level, such as in a high mountain valley? I seriously doubt anyone taking off from a valley floor at 10,000 or even higher and flying a couple hundred feet overhead is risking collision with a commercial aircraft.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules