OSMO Mobile Time-lapse With Tripod Rocking Issue
2756 14 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Delirious
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi All,

I was wondering whether someone could help me with an issue when shooting timelapse with the OSMO Mobile using my iPhone 7+. Whenever I shoot a timelapse film using the DJI extender rod and tri-pod or just the DJI Osmo Mobile base the video always has a rocking motion in it from side to side. In the gimbal settings through the DJI Go app I have set to tri-pod mode which I thought should lock the gimbal but I still get the rocking motion pivoting around the very centre of focus. Does anyone else see this and know why it is occuring?

I don't believe it is related to the OIS with iPhone 7+ issues as reported elsewhere as that makes jittery or shuddery images. This is a gentle rocking from side to side as if the gimbal is moving ever so slightly.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to what I can do to eliminate this?

Thanks,
Delirious.
2016-12-5
Use props
fans03e64462
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205771 ft
Taiwan

Hi,

I am experiencing the same rocking motion when I attempted a 15 min timelapse @ 2s interval on a stand. The resulting video rocked left and right as if on a boat.  Am wondering if it was due to the balance of the phone. Will try again later.

Steven
2016-12-5
Use props
Delirious
lvl.1

Hong Kong

fans03e64462 Posted at 2016-12-6 07:16
Hi,

I am experiencing the same rocking motion when I attempted a 15 min timelapse @ 2s interval on a stand. The resulting video rocked left and right as if on a boat.  Am wondering if it was due to the balance of the phone. Will try again later.

Yes, I think that is the same issue as I encounter. Would love to know how to fix it. Or what settings I should use to prevent it.

Thanks,
Delirious.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans03e64462
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205771 ft
Taiwan

Delirious Posted at 2016-12-6 22:55
Yes, I think that is the same issue as I encounter. Would love to know how to fix it. Or what settings I should use to prevent it.

Thanks,

Just a quick update.... I tried another timelapse, but this time, I did the following:
- balanced the phone properly
- place the osmo on the mobile stan
- set tripod mode on

The resulting time lapse did not have the rocking motion.
2016-12-6
Use props
Delirious
lvl.1

Hong Kong

fans03e64462 Posted at 2016-12-6 23:19
Just a quick update.... I tried another timelapse, but this time, I did the following:
- balanced the phone properly
- place the osmo on the mobile stan

Thanks. Will try setup again and perhaps a re-calibrate also and then see if I get improved results this time.

Cheers,
Delirious.
2016-12-8
Use props
hurricanefreak
New

United States

I like using the native app on my iPhone is there a way to turn on a tripod mode because mine rocks back and forth
2016-12-12
Use props
fans5ae071f1
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi, I encountered the same issue as well, suspect could due to tripod upright position and balancing issue
2016-12-13
Use props
Ckay
New

Malaysia

Hi,

i found that during time-lapse and even during idle, the gimbal did move but at very small and slow amount.
is there any solution for this issue??

@DJI-Thor please help.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ckay Posted at 2016-12-18 01:31
Hi,

i found that during time-lapse and even during idle, the gimbal did move but at very small and slow amount.

No, it's considered normal and there's no way to solve it.
2016-12-19
Use props
fans0785776b
New

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-19 03:21
No, it's considered normal and there's no way to solve it.

http://I'm a new user of the osmo mobile, but how can this slow rocking motion be deemed acceptable? A time lapse shouldn't provoke sea sickness. How hard can it be for that thing to stay completely still??
2017-8-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

It may actually be the tripod.  I have found (using the Osmo+) that the extension rod and tripod moves quite a bit in the wind, even a light breeze causes it to move.  I now use a regular tripod to shoot outdoor timelapses and the issue has been resolved.
2017-8-21
Use props
Stuge(original)
lvl.1
India

Has anybody able to find a solution to this rocking motion even while timelapse is made under "tripod mode "?
2017-10-23
Use props
Stuge(original)
lvl.1
India

My set up for Dji mobile ..Let me know if something is wrong with this ? @dji-Thor
2017-10-23
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using motion time-lapse and see if you have better success. That way the Gimbal has something to do besides just holding the phone still. Another issue I run into is wind: Your phone is basically a big sail if there is any wind and the Gimbal will have to deal with it.
2017-10-23
Use props
Stuge(original)
lvl.1
India

jeffbake Posted at 2017-10-23 06:30
Try using motion time-lapse and see if you have better success. That way the Gimbal has something to do besides just holding the phone still. Another issue I run into is wind: Your phone is basically a big sail if there is any wind and the Gimbal will have to deal with it.

It works fine as motion time lapse ,but it's a miss or hit in tripod mode .
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules