Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic will always land
2293 25 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zazu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 530243 ft
Switzerland

I received my mavic today.

So i went out for the first testfly. More or less everything is working fine.

But i have one Problem. Always if i press my right stick (mode1) down, the mavic always switching to landing and will land very slowly. if i put the stick up the mavic Switch to gps mode until i put the stick down, then the mavic Switch to landing.

It doesn't matter if i have normal or Sport mode activatet or if VPS is turned on or of.

Do anyone have the same Problem or someone can help me?
2016-12-5
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't quite understand, it's supposed to land if you hold the stick down.
2016-12-5
Use props
zazu
lvl.1
Switzerland

The Mavic is going always to "landing mode" if i put the stick down. if i'm flying in 50 meters high and if i want do fly down to 40 meters the mavic is going to landing mode and not only fly 10 meters down
2016-12-5
Use props
Andrew Hohlfeld
lvl.1

United States

zazu Posted at 2016-12-5 07:54
The Mavic is going always to "landing mode" if i put the stick down. if i'm flying in 50 meters high and if i want do fly down to 40 meters the mavic is going to landing mode and not only fly 10 meters down

Try disabling your VPS temporary and see if that makes a difference, I read about someone else having issues with the downward sensors not reading the ground correctly. Without having a Mavic in hand I have had a lot of time to browse these forums.
2016-12-5
Use props
AvLS6OLlF1Pi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129583 ft
United States

Don't put the throttle stick all the way down, or don't hold it there for long time (I think 3 seconds).  Descend with maybe half throttle.  You may need to calibrate your controller sticks.
2016-12-5
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

zazu Posted at 2016-12-5 08:54

At least I'm not the only one with this problem. I reported it here http://forum.dji.com/thread-74477-1-1.html. I never did find a solution for it and unfortunately I believe it was a cause of my crash. http://forum.dji.com/thread-74870-1-1.html I would have DJI take a look at your drone before you have a crash.   
2016-12-5
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.4

United States

As suggested above I would try flying with VPS disabled, that way you can rule out the sensors being the problem. However be careful because full stick down will cause the Mavic to descend at full speed and it will not slow down as it nears the ground.
2016-12-5
Use props
zazu
lvl.1
Switzerland

thanks for your answers.

The Problem is still here with VPS disabled.

@AvLS6OLlF1Pi: you think thats normal if put the throttle stick all the way down for more than 3 seconds?

I had a Phantom 3, Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 and none of them was going to landing mode if i put the throttle stick all the way down for more than 3 seconds!

I will open a ticket at DJI and have a look what they mean.
2016-12-5
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

zazu Posted at 2016-12-5 15:58
thanks for your answers.

There are several reports around the globe of the same landing issue with the Mavic . It seems to be a bug in the software or similar. So far, DJI did not reply to these problems at all. Anyway, you are not alone. I won´t fly the Mavic as long there is not a solution from DJI...
2016-12-5
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

I really wish I had of known about this landing bug issue before my Mavic ate a tree branch and died. My left down control was intermittently unresponsive, eventually putting the drone in "Landing" mode.   
2016-12-5
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

zazu Posted at 2016-12-5 09:58
thanks for your answers.

Please report back on your findings.
2016-12-5
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Andrew Hohlfeld Posted at 2016-12-5 08:57
Try disabling your VPS temporary and see if that makes a difference, I read about someone else having issues with the downward sensors not reading the ground correctly. Without having a Mavic in hand I have had a lot of time to browse these forums.

Happened to me. I was flying at night though. Basically the sensor's lack of info must have "seen" the ground and me holding the sticks causes an auto land procedure to begin. Stop button wouldn't work to cancel. A little spooky but pressing up on the left stick immediately stopped this.

Thread on MavicPilots. http://mavicpilots.com/threads/f ... 9/page-5#post-26836
2016-12-5
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Its not bug, Read the manual guys ..

Once ur close to land, Left stick will be disabled for 3-5sec even if you hold it down. then mavic will land on its own .. if you dont want that then disable VPS ..
You can also disable Precise Landing
2016-12-5
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Mayoo Posted at 2016-12-5 16:00
Its not bug, Read the manual guys ..

Once ur close to land, Left stick will be disabled for 3-5sec even if you hold it down. then mavic will land on its own .. if you dont want that then disable VPS ..

I've been  experiencing this at 100m up in the air as well. Not normal.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum account email? Have you contacted tech support? Did you get a case number?
2016-12-6
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Germany

What is the maximum altitude in which the automatice landing via "Full Trottle Stick Down for 3 Seconds" should be normally triggered? As i understood, in more than 20m nothing should happen if I pull back the stick for more than 3 seconds, right?

2016-12-6
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 05:51
Could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum account email? Have you contacted tech support? Did you get a case number?

Looking at my the logs, it happens to my mavic all the time. Dead Left/Down input followed by a forced landing and a warning "Obstacle Sensing will be disabled when landing. Land with care". This is just a sample as I have never had a flight without this behavior.
Date - Time - Altitude

Dec 1st, 2016 01:00PM        K        03m 43s        73.1 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 1st, 2016 12:33PM        G        03m 20s        31.2 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 2nd, 2016 01:00PM        G        03m 16s        77.1 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 2nd, 2016 01:00PM        M        08m 15s        18.8 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 2nd, 2016 04:34:00PM        G        03m 13s        73.1 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 2nd, 2016 04:34:00PM        J        04m 10s        45.0 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 3nd, 2016 12:19:00PM        G        03m 47s        117.6 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 3nd, 2016 12:19:00PM        K        04m 46s        79.4 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 3nd, 2016 12:19:00PM        N        05m 06s        78.0 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING
Dec 3nd, 2016 12:19:00PM        U        06m 05s        50.2 m        Mode        Mode changed to FORCE_LANDING

2016-12-6
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

MSavage Posted at 2016-12-6 09:08
Looking at my the logs, it happens do me all the time. Dead Left/Down input followed by a forced landing and a warning "Obstacle Sensing will be disabled when landing. Land with care". This is just a sample as I have never had a flight without this behavior.
Date - Time - Altitude

Calibrate your VPS in the Assistant app. Sounds like your drone is falsely reading that there is something below it. Also make sure it doesn't have dirt or a sticker on the bottom facing ones. This would explain your crash when your drone kept rising (thinking there was something underneath it) and why it is getting Forced Landing messages (reading the ground it there and you holding the stick down).
2016-12-6
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-12-6 09:29
Calibrate your VPS in the Assistant app. Sounds like your drone is falsely reading that there is something below it. Also make sure it doesn't have dirt or a sticker on the bottom facing ones. This would explain your crash when your drone kept rising (thinking there was something underneath it) and why it is getting Forced Landing messages (reading the ground it there and you holding the stick down).

I had just done the VPS calibration before the last flight, before it crashed. I agree...sounds like something isn't right with the VPS system.
2016-12-6
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Germany

MSavage Posted at 2016-12-6 15:08
Looking at my the logs, it happens do me all the time. Dead Left/Down input followed by a forced landing and a warning "Obstacle Sensing will be disabled when landing. Land with care". This is just a sample as I have never had a flight without this behavior.
Date - Time - Altitude

This is exactly the same behaviour of my Mavic and I did all calibrations (including VPS) too. I am really curious to hear what is the reason for this issue. It also happened to me with disabled VPS...

As I am not in my home city today and in the next days, I can just upload my logs in the next week...
2016-12-6
Use props
Alansin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

so sorry to hear that, have you tryed doing some kind of re installing the latest update?
As far as i know, in everything software related, thats the Fix #1 for all things.

Delete FW, and Re install FW.
if problem persist, go to DJI.
2016-12-6
Use props
zazu
lvl.1
Switzerland

Today i have installed the DJI Go App 4 and have updated the System to the latest firmware but that didn't resolved the problem.
I' ve made a litte video (sorry it's not the best but it was a little bit late and flying and filming alone was also not so easy) that shows the problem:

I'm in contact with de DJI Support. They wrote me back very fast but untill now they couldn't help me.
2016-12-6
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

zazu Posted at 2016-12-6 12:19
Today i have installed the DJI Go App 4 and have updated the System to the latest firmware but that didn't resolved the problem.
I' ve made a litte video (sorry it's not the best but it was a little bit late and flying and filming alone was also not so easy) that shows the problem:

Yep...that's exactly what has been plaguing my Mavic from day 1! Please post your findings as I have yet to receive an explanation for this behavior. It apparently wasn't the cause of my Mavic flying itself into a tree but I'm convinced it prevented me from reversing course and avoiding the collision.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MSavage Posted at 2016-12-6 22:08
Looking at my the logs, it happens to my mavic all the time. Dead Left/Down input followed by a forced landing and a warning "Obstacle Sensing will be disabled when landing. Land with care". This is just a sample as I have never had a flight without this behavior.
Date - Time - Altitude

What's your DJI account email?
I'll help to check your flight records.
2016-12-6
Use props
zazu
lvl.1
Switzerland

Yesterday i've made the video for the problem description for dji support.
After the fly i've checked the system with the assistent 2 software, made a firmware reinstallation and made a callibration of the VPS. Since there i had no time to make one more flighttest. if possible i will do this today. If the the problem is gone then everything is ok. if not i will send back the fly more combo to my local dealer and hope to receive as soon as possible a new and working mavic.

Meanwhile i've received this message from the DJI Support:

Hello,

please try to update the mavic and to recalibrate the vision sensors. If both doesn't work, we must replace your aircraft.

For this process, please give us the following information:
- Full name / Company name:
- Address:
- Phone number:

- Receipt / Proof of Purchase:

Please watch the video in the following link in order to better understand the repair process at DJI GmbH.

http://dn-dji-videos.qbox.me/clo ... e3ec29dd2dd/720.mp4

Thank you.
Best regards
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
2016-12-7
Use props
zazu
lvl.1
Switzerland

I've made a new testflight after reinstalling actuall Firmware and callibrating the Vision Position System.
I was using the DJI Go App 4 with the newest Firmware on the System and i've made all the callibrations (VPS, Compass, IMU) but the Problem still exist.

Like the DJI Support told me, i have write a E-Mail to my local Dealer and will send back the Mavic Pro Combo to him that he can send it back and Change it with a new working one.

I hope this time it wouldn't take so much time! Last time if i have a softwareproblem with my inspire 1 it took 4 mounth untill i received a new and working camera for my aircraft.

I like the DJI Product very if they works. But i really hate other things abaut DJI, they can't ship the Products like annonced and if you have a Problem it take endless Long to fix a Problem or Change a part. I hope that will be better. And it would be nice if DJI will send me one more battery for free or something like this for my Troubles with the brand new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo.

I hope all your mavic's will work from the beginning and that you don't have the same Problem like me.
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules