2477 28 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

[size=14.6667px]Installed my HDMI module from my P4 to my P4P remote. Everything working, the remote asked for a firmware upgrade and finishes. Reboot remote and no connection to the ipad via the usb cable. So the new firmware disabled the HDMI board. I install the HDMI board back into the P4 remote and it works. Original USB board works perfect on P4P..
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We've reported this case, and will improve it soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please do not install the HDMI module into P4P now since it's not working fine.
2016-12-5
Use props
Briantimmerart
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 00:45
We've reported this case, and will improve it soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please do not install the HDMI module into P4P now since it's not working fine.

Hi, I've tried installing three different HDMI modules on my new P4P and can't get a connection after installation.  The firmware update consistently freezes/fails  at 34 or 35 percent.  

I don't know what to do.  I've talked to DJI customer service and no one seems to know what to do.  Do I need to send my controller in?  I would be surprised if it was the module after three different attempts - two from B&H photo and one from Amazon.  

Thoughts?
2016-12-26
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Briantimmerart Posted at 2016-12-26 17:09
Hi, I've tried installing three different HDMI modules on my new P4P and can't get a connection after installation.  The firmware update consistently freezes/fails  at 34 or 35 percent.  

I don't know what to do.  I've talked to DJI customer service and no one seems to know what to do.  Do I need to send my controller in?  I would be surprised if it was the module after three different attempts - two from B&H photo and one from Amazon.  

Tried also and its weird. The HDMI will work but not the DJI GO 4 and then nothing will work.
I removed it and waiting for the updates to be on the safe side.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Briantimmerart Posted at 2016-12-26 23:09

Sorry to hear about that.
Would you please uninstall HDMI module firstly, then upgrade the RC firmware.
Then install HDMI module and upgrade the firmware again, it will be fine.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CyFA Posted at 2016-12-27 00:30
Tried also and its weird. The HDMI will work but not the DJI GO 4 and then nothing will work.
I removed it and waiting for the updates to be on the safe side.

Would you please try the methods mentioned 5#?
And please keep us posted.
2016-12-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 21:00
Would you please try the methods mentioned 5#?
And please keep us posted.

Aloha Natalia,

This is also my current situation but for a day or two I am away from my work area and the HDMI module for my P4.  But, I gather from your comment above that the current RC firmware has fixed the HDMI problem.

Previously, I had to reinstall the RC firmware after the mounting of the HDMI module.  Has this changed?  I will look into my firmware tomorrow.  I am pretty sure my P4 is up to date (at least that is what the app reports).  Just to be on the safe side, for December 27, 2017, what are the current firmware versions?

BTW, your suggestions on the green screens and pixelations have worked out well.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-27 17:08
Aloha Natalia,

This is also my current situation but for a day or two I am away from my work area and the HDMI module for my P4.  But, I gather from your comment above that the current RC firmware has fixed the HDMI problem.

The latest firmware for P4P remote is V1.3.0.0.
If you have installed the HDMI before upgrading the remote, then please uninstall it and upgrade the remote to the latest first, then install HDMI module and upgrade the firmware again.
Glad to hear the problem for green screens and pixelation have been solved.
2016-12-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 23:45
If you have installed the HDMI before upgrading the remote, then please uninstall it and upgrade the remote to the latest first, then install HDMI module and upgrade the firmware again.

Aloha Natalia,

OK, a bit if confusion.  I had a problem reinstalling my HDMI module when I got my remote controller back from DJI (I sent it in with your recommendation).  Controller is great but there was a problem with reinstalling the firmware for the RC.  Maybe from what you are saying, I should try it again using the same technique you described for the P4 Pro.

BTW, are they still suffering shipping overload.  It has been a week since I ordered my P4 Pro.  I am holding off on my accessories order until it ships.  I know this is a really busy time.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-27
Use props
Briantimmerart
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 00:59
Sorry to hear about that.
Would you please uninstall HDMI module firstly, then upgrade the RC firmware.
Then install HDMI module and upgrade the firmware again, it will be fine.

Thanks, I've tried this several times.  It doesn't help.  It's always the same problem. Every time I go to update the firmware with the new module, the uploading fails at 35 percent.  I have tried the method you have described at least a half dozen times.
2016-12-27
Use props
Briantimmerart
New

United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]Ok, a new update, folks. I am now convinced this is a controller issue. After installing the hdmi module a dozen times, I thought I would try one last time today. I did one thing different this time, I did not put the screws into the plastic cover after installing.  To my surprise, I found the module connecting For the first time!  Unfortunately, as soon as I would pick the controller up, it would instantly drop a signal.  The issue seems to be of the electrical nature, as soon as any pressure is applied to the module, even a slight touch with your hands, the signal drops.  This explains why it wouldn't never worked with the screws in.  There needs to be very slight gap between the module and controller to work.  It seems to especially be a problem on the right side of the module.  This is not a firmware issue. I'll be sending this in soon.  At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong now.   
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Briantimmerart Posted at 2016-12-28 01:38
Ok, a new update, folks. I am now convinced this is a controller issue. After installing the hdmi module a dozen times, I thought I would try one last time today. I did one thing different this time, I did not put the screws into the plastic cover after installing.  To my surprise, I found the module connecting For the first time!  Unfortunately, as soon as I would pick the controller up, it would instantly drop a signal.  The issue seems to be of the electrical nature, as soon as any pressure is applied to the module, even a slight touch with your hands, the signal drops.  This explains why it wouldn't never worked with the screws in.  There needs to be very slight gap between the module and controller to work.  It seems to especially be a problem on the right side of the module.  This is not a firmware issue. I'll be sending this in soon.  At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong now.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please send it in, our engineers will take care of your case, and get it fixed soon.
2016-12-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 23:45

Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo!  It will arrive in a week.  Then I can get a hands on with so much of this that I have to guess at!  BTW, I like that new "Fullscreen" option with DJI GO 4!  And the 4:3 ratio works even with the nVidia Shield K1!  Let the good times roll!

Mahalo again and Happy New Year!  (At least the Western New Year!  In a month we get to wish you an Eastern Happy New Year!)

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-28 16:45
Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo!  It will arrive in a week.  Then I can get a hands on with so much of this that I have to guess at!  BTW, I like that new "Fullscreen" option with DJI GO 4!  And the 4:3 ratio works even with the nVidia Shield K1!  Let the good times roll!

Glad to hear you enjoy it and happy new year!
2016-12-29
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

Briantimmerart Posted at 2016-12-27 09:38
Ok, a new update, folks. I am now convinced this is a controller issue. After installing the hdmi module a dozen times, I thought I would try one last time today. I did one thing different this time, I did not put the screws into the plastic cover after installing.  To my surprise, I found the module connecting For the first time!  Unfortunately, as soon as I would pick the controller up, it would instantly drop a signal.  The issue seems to be of the electrical nature, as soon as any pressure is applied to the module, even a slight touch with your hands, the signal drops.  This explains why it wouldn't never worked with the screws in.  There needs to be very slight gap between the module and controller to work.  It seems to especially be a problem on the right side of the module.  This is not a firmware issue. I'll be sending this in soon.  At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong now.

Closing the plastic cover also connects the HDMI therefore the problem occurs. I had exactly the same issue and have now given up trying to install this.
Natalia suggested a method that i will give it one more last try and ... over and out with this until its sorted out.
2016-12-29
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Which Hdmi module is this?
2016-12-30
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

CyFA Posted at 2016-12-29 22:13
Closing the plastic cover also connects the HDMI therefore the problem occurs. I had exactly the same issue and have now given up trying to install this.
Natalia suggested a method that i will give it one more last try and ... over and out with this until its sorted out.

I have found that the plastic separator between the 2 boards has a little standoff (plastic rib near the top) that rests on a tiny resistor. when you install the top cover it can stress the resistor an cause cold solder and the HDMI can drop out. This resistor is as small as a hair so maybe have a look for that. I resoldered the resistor and trimmed away the plastic rib. It works fine now.
2016-12-30
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

epicjib Posted at 2016-12-30 14:11
I have found that the plastic separator between the 2 boards has a little standoff (plastic rib near the top) that rests on a tiny resistor. when you install the top cover it can stress the resistor an cause cold solder and the HDMI can drop out. This resistor is as small as a hair so maybe have a look for that. I resoldered the resistor and trimmed away the plastic rib. It works fine now.

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible you can take this photo, mark (circle) the point you mean and upload it please?
Happy new year!

HDMI Board

HDMI Board
2016-12-31
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

CyFA Posted at 2016-12-31 03:23
Thank you for the reply. Is it possible you can take this photo, mark (circle) the point you mean and upload it please?
Happy new year!

Image attached.

HDMI CCT Board

HDMI CCT Board
2017-1-1
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

I would never in a thousand years find that.
Will give it a try, thank you!
2017-1-2
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

I tried the above method, of shaving the little bit of plastic and I also examined the resistor solder and all looked good and yet still nothing for me.... I was able to get temporary connection to my goggles, but then I lost my video downlink. I tried multiple ways, even installing without the cover and wiggling things around. Basically every time I connected the most outer HDMI board I would lose the downlink (R/C stays connected).

Sometimes the controller/app would recognize the HDMI module and sometimes not... very frustrating!!!

I'd upgraded to most current firmware etc, anybody have any other ideas??

NOTE: This module worked perfectly on my P3P controller...
2017-2-20
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi, i have had the same problem with hdmi module an p4p, i uograded remote to latest firmware as per natalia´s suggestion, then installed the hdmi module, and reinstalled fimrware, it worked for a couple of days, and after, for no reason, whenever i plug the hdmi cable to the module and then to the external screen (with which it worked perfectly before) the app says weak signal, then disconnected, and the external screen is black, same as the app, but goes from no input, to input intermitent without any image appearing, and yes i have checked the ribbon cables, yes i have upgraded firmware without and with hdmi module on, yes i have done everything suggested!!!
can DJI please take responsinility on this and fix it please??? it has been happening to everyone!!!
2017-9-8
Use props
fanse9e8e34a
New

Mexico

I Have the same issue. my HDMI module works great in my P3P, i removed and installed in my P4P works fine only 2 days and then black screen and the Dji Go 4 app crashed. i try disconnect de hdmi cable and the app Dji Go4 works fine. Some body can fixed this issue? Because DJI don´t care the problem. and don´t try to solve.
2017-9-27
Use props
fansd6731455
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI what is going on can you please fix this problem

when I fit the HDMI module the go app saids a i need to update the remote but fails

the firmware version is "unknown"

very annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-11-8
Use props
fans6bbad92b
lvl.1
United States

fansd6731455 Posted at 2017-11-8 23:04
DJI what is going on can you please fix this problem

when I fit the HDMI module the go app saids a i need to update the remote but fails

i pulled hdmi from p3 pro 6 times and try many many ways, and did not work every time i waste hours and hours  updates from dji asist try with different ios wasting time calling dji every time they send me to something different and my hdmi modulo still working on my p3 pro wasting time
2018-1-25
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for me too. Tried on my 3 Pro and 4 Pro. 4 Pro was fine, the 3Pro would not have it.  Sent it back via an official DJI outlet who then sent it to DJI. Came back still not working. Bought another, older, remote and it worked first time. There is certainly a design problem of some form here.
2018-1-25
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2018-1-25 05:19
+1 for me too. Tried on my 3 Pro and 4 Pro. 4 Pro was fine, the 3Pro would not have it.  Sent it back via an official DJI outlet who then sent it to DJI. Came back still not working. Bought another, older, remote and it worked first time. There is certainly a design problem of some form here.

Can I ask what rc model it is? I’ve got the GL300F and when I install my hdmi module, the Go4 app doesn’t recognise the controller at all - no prompts to download any firmware either
2018-2-19
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

The controller I originally had was a  GL300C. I 'downgraded' to a B when I got another one and that worked perfectly.
2018-2-20
Use props
tadphoto
lvl.1
United States

UNBELIEVABLY DJI. Not only does this module come with no instructions (do regular folks understand how to detach tiny ribbon cables??) but the *%$%$ just doesn't work even though it is supposed to. Just another obstacle in the way of me actually being able to make good use of my DJI Goggles, which also are incredibly lacking in terms of instructions. I don't know what's going on with this company but it seems to put out new products much faster than they can actually explain or support.
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules