Phantom 4 black propellers?
1909 15 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

Just saw packaging at Best Buy, black propellers. Believe the stock number was 93S. Can anyone confirm DJI is making black props for P4?
2016-12-5
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

Do you mean Carbon Fiber props? I dont think DJI makes them. There is an after market Company but you have to replace the twist lock for the screw on like the P3. The reviews are not very good on them.
2016-12-5
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

FB post on Official DJI owners group confirms this...very cool...back to Best Buy tomorrow..
2016-12-5
Use props
Teamrealtree5
lvl.2

United States

Yes, best buy offers an all black p4
2016-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI have been offering carbon fiber 'reinforced' props for a good while already.
image.jpeg
http://store.dji.com/product/9450-carbon-fiber-self-tightening-rotor-black-yellow-stripes
I have seen Phantom 4 carbon fiber props available on eBay. But not sure they are DJI OEM props or knock offs.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-5
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will DJI ever make folding props for the phantom?
2016-12-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

according to the specs on the best buy page , it says the brand is DJI so.... i guess i'll order a set...
2016-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-5 22:16
according to the specs on the best buy page , it says the brand is DJI so.... i guess i'll order a set...

May order a few packs of the self tightening Phantom 3 version, from DJI after the busy Christmas rush, & holidays...

I have always liked how they look. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-6 13:15

We do not have any information about the folding props for phantom series recently.
2016-12-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-6 00:32
May order a few packs of the self tightening Phantom 3 version, from DJI after the busy Christmas rush, & holidays...

I have always liked how they look. ;-)

are you saying the phantom 3 black blades are compatible with the p4pro+?
2016-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-6 16:15

No they won't.
And why would you want them anyway.
They are going to be less efficient than what comes with the P4pro.
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-6 02:46
are you saying the phantom 3 black blades are compatible with the p4pro+?

No, sorry if you misunderstood me. I'm only interested in Phantom 3 carbon fiber reinforced props. The Phantom 4 has a much different blade attachment system. As I'm sure, you already know. ;-)

So they aren't compatible or interchangeable. You gotta love proprietary parts and pieces...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-6 02:12
No they won't.
And why would you want them anyway.
They are going to be less efficient than what comes with the P4pro.

for travel and quick use. If I could pack my Phantom into the bag and not have to remove the props that would save me time, and sometime that time is more valuable than performance, I'd like to have the option. If DJI made a set I would give them a try
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-6 12:21
for travel and quick use. If I could pack my Phantom into the bag and not have to remove the props that would save me time, and sometime that time is more valuable than performance, I'd like to have the option. If DJI made a set I would give them a try

If you could buy a larger case that allows props be left on the drone, that would also help you save the time and effort of reattaching them to your drone, before flight.
I bought an awesome Plasticase Nanuk 945 hardside case that allows that opportunity, and it's something that I can now also appreciate. But having said that, your rotor props should still be removed and checked for fractures or tiny nearly invisible cracks frequently, to be sure you are indeed flying with a safe and trusty aircraft.

That is your all important responsibility. To fly safe and thereby give your drone the preflight checklist. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-6 11:21

I can put these 9450S props on the P4P just as fast as a Mavic owner unfolds the legs/props (yes, I know you don't HAVE to unfold the stupid props on Mavic - jeez).  And I don't have to mess with a phone, cable, sizing the bracket, launching the app, launching the app, launching the app (ok there 3rd time worked), nope, restart phone, launch app.  Good freakin luck!

If you want fast setup, get a P4P+.  R/C on, props, Phantom on.  PROFIT!
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-6 12:49
I can put these 9450S props on the P4P just as fast as a Mavic owner unfolds the legs/props (yes, I know you don't HAVE to unfold the stupid props on Mavic - jeez).  And I don't have to mess with a phone, cable, sizing the bracket, launching the app, launching the app, launching the app (ok there 3rd time worked), nope, restart phone, launch app.  Good freakin luck!

If you want fast setup, get a P4P+.  R/C on, props, Phantom on.  PROFIT!

Having a problem getting the app to work? I am using the awesome iPad Air2 Cellular and it has never been uncooperative. Not sure what the malfunction with your device is caused by, all though perhaps the unit you are using, may need some tweaks. Are you closing all apps running in the background. Perhaps clean up your internet cache and cookies before flying? I use my iPad Air2 as a dedicated device, and try to kerp it clean of unnecessary internal obstructions. Other than reloading the app, I'm not exactly sure what else could help you overcome that frustration.
Good luck in future flights, and I that hope you can figure it out, without more transgressions or frustration. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules