An unknown DJI Inspire 1 v2.0 model problem (with case detail)
2032 12 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi ~I am currently a Hong Kong BNUC-s Candidate, started my Inspire 1 life since the February of this year, but unfortunately, within these 8 months, I encountered problems with the Inspire 1 two times in a row which I hope to share with you guys. And also hope some DJI high management offical will response to me.  

First case:

During April, my Inspire 1 was flied away as performing the Auto-Pilot function, with checking the in-app flight record the UAV was mystically flied more further away from the taking off home point during the auto-pilot. With also the taking off home point shown is totally different from the true location where I am (at least 500m distance away)

As I contacted the DJI CS, they informed me there's no related record in their DJI server, and requested me to sync; but after I do so, the record still not exist in it; I provided them the video of the on-screen record and suggested I personally go to the Shenzhen Bay DJI repair center to provide my phone for the investigation, but they informed me to wait for their investigation complete first.  

After 7 days, I was informed still cannot find the related record, and with a conclusion "unknown reason UAV lost", giving me a 25% discount as solution; I disagree and mention the record can still be seen on my phone DJI Go app. They asked me to sync again which a day before there was an update for the DJI app. I updated it and sync again but this time the record inside my phone disappeared also with no flight log data inside my phone; then what reply I received is they have no way to recover the related data, only can do was still providing a 25% discount link, but when I clicked the link and check, it was a 25% discount link for a Phantom 3, not Inspire.

Then a 3 months argument & conversation began, during this 3 months I provided all informations I have, with including 3rd party flight record of my UAV to DJI; also staged out the problem I encountered regarding their CS services which I lost the remaining DJI official data due following their CS instructions. But they replied the 3rd party flight record cannot stage out the reason or problem happened in my UAV.  

The case was nearly forced me to go for the Small Claim Tribunal, but before I do so, DJI replied my claim which providing me a nearly half price discount to close the case. I accepted the offer and staged out I want to test out the new Inspire 1 UAV at the Shenzhen Bay Repair Center. But my request was not fulfilled, the UAV was just shipped to me directly, with no one replied to me when I questioned them why.  

Second case: the current case started happening 2 months ago, with the beginning that I was unable to sync my flight record (AGAIN!), this time I contacted with the online CS and also the CS hotline, both suggesting me to clear the cache and re-try, but unfortunately after following the instructions the whole Inspire 1 data of my current UAV disappeared, with no effect even I scanned my UAV QR code.  

With forgot the names of the CSs I went to the DJI Causeway Bay for inquiry, and a staff in there, Shirley, informed me that my UAV must take back to the Hong Kong Repair Center for repair attempt, and maybe required to send back to China if necessary. I asked her if my UAV is required to send back to China, can I pick back my UAV from the Shenzhen Bay Repair Center, She replied "Yes, You can".  

With her answer, I decided to deposit my UAV to repair in the DJI Causeway Bay Center, and during this progress she marked out "Unknown" in the Shipping Method Column.

After nearly a month waiting, an email from DJI Service replying me that my UAV will be provided with free repair service and will be sent back to me. I contacted the online CS, Bianca, to inform her what Shirley mentioned to me, and request to collect the UAV at the Shenzhen Bay Repair Center with a trial flight test request; but Bianca replied me that it is impossible to do so. I stated that I was informed I can from their Hong Kong staff, she replied that it is impossible due to the custom problem, recommending me to test after received it and send back to them if the problem is still exist.  

I declined such suggestion, staging that such software problem may occur more unknown problems afterwards, demanding to collect the UAV from the Shenzhen Bay repair center with an on-site flight test request unless they are allowing me to perform such test inside the DJI causeway bay trial flight zone (which is located between the stairways from G/F - 1/F). and also staging that I will not accept if the UAV was shipped to me directly.  

Afterward Bianca replied me, staging that the Shenzhen Bay repair center is not open to customers right now which is not acceptable that customer go and pick the UAV; but when I checked the DJI China website, the repair center is open for public and accepting repairing reservation quotas.  

21 November 2016, the DJI Customer Care Team Supervisor, Fannie, contacted me regarding the case (well she is the one also take care of my first case, with his team lead, Lois), mentioning that for the case solution they will take an flight test for my after-repair UAV to relieve my concerns.  

I accepted the offer, but what result I got was a disaster: in 25 November 2016, I was informed that my UAV got an accident happened during the test, and a new Inspire 1 will be issue as a replacement. At this point, I inquiry the possibility of changing to the Inspire 2 with paying the price difference, staging to apply with "After Sales Policy".  

But Fannie replied is not possible for such case situation is due to accident caused the severe damage of the drone during the test, but not the UAV problem. I request to send the flight test video to me for reference, but what she replied to me is NO VIDEO COULD BE PROVIDED, only stating that it is their mistake, which somehow making me concern the damage maybe caused due to their employee(s) or they are trying to hide any serious Inspire 1 technical failure from me. (Remark: During the conversation from the beginning to the last one, I have never inform / agree / staged / implied that I don't need the video)

At the moment the case is still in argument. Via this post I want to share you guys (especially people in China / Macau / Hong Kong) what is happening in DJI China;   And to the DJI management, I am showing you your Company at the moment how low knowledge with the company repair policy, reply with inauthenticity answer, and also with acts that hiding or shifting the problem from customers are; also how your Customer Services people treating your customer's UAV.  I hope you guys know that broking your customer UAV in't a simple thing, rather than just issuing a new one, as this is only a most basic reparation, which only can apply to the problems that THE UAV isn't broken by you.  But for this case is YOUR COMPANY BROKE MINE, with also a list of customer service problem and responisibilities; and also this is show out your Company operational problem to me.  And this case I have already informed the BNUC-s, EuroUSC International, to consider to file as an Inspire 1 unknown problem concern.   

Comments are welcome.

2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Could you please provide your case number for further review?
2016-12-7
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

unbelievable... I honestly feel sorry for you and your troubles...
I wish you luck !
2016-12-7
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-8 03:25
I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Could you please provide your case number for further review?

Dear Jamie,

Thanks for your attention.

The first case no:  CAS-156191-Z0Q5R5

The second case no: CAS - 302177 - K9X7V8

Currently, from the reply of the South East Asia Assessor of EuroUSC International, Mr. Scott, recommending me to submit this case to the Hong Kong Small Claim Tribunal; but before this problem is submitted to court I still hope we can have a way to solving this case.

Jamie, please also kindly see my PMs, thanks.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dezart Eagle Posted at 2016-12-9 01:27
Dear Jamie,

Thanks for your attention.

Thank you for suppling this. I will have this escalated for you. In regards to the PMs, did you send one via the Forum? I have not received any.
2016-12-8
Use props
來呀
Flight distance : 249255 ft
Hong Kong

Yeah better inform organizations so they start caring more about customers
2016-12-8
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-9 07:38
Thank you for suppling this. I will have this escalated for you. In regards to the PMs, did you send one via the Forum? I have not received any.

Dear Jamie,

Sorry for the late reply as I was out-town.

The PMs I sent to you was "Personal Message", mentioning will you need to have a copy of an email that I have also sent to the pr@dji.com

Also if you need a copy of the email conversations of the case & any related photos about the case, I can also send them to you via email (if yes please message me the email address) or upload to here.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dezart Eagle Posted at 2016-12-11 01:42
Dear Jamie,

Sorry for the late reply as I was out-town.

We'll try the PM method one more time.
2016-12-10
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

http://imgur.com/G7fUqgA
http://imgur.com/9aaUsL8

Tried to send you some message, but afterward seems disappeared

But if possible can you PM your email so I can send you the photos & email conversations related to the case for assist? thanks.
2016-12-11
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 06:21

hi, Jamie, I still not able to send you PMs, I hope you will passby here and check my messages
2016-12-13
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 06:21

Hi Jamie, it's nearly about a week since you said you will assist on escalate the case, so how's the situation going?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dezart Eagle Posted at 2016-12-15 02:10
Hi Jamie, it's nearly about a week since you said you will assist on escalate the case, so how's the situation going?

I'm still looking into it for you. From what I have, I have confirmed that it was escalated within Headquarters and you should be contacted soon about this situation. If there's anything more sensitive to provide, I will give you a PM, since you at least seem to receive mine but not vice versa at the moment.
2016-12-14
Use props
Dezart Eagle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 06:45
I'm still looking into it for you. From what I have, I have confirmed that it was escalated within Headquarters and you should be contacted soon about this situation. If there's anything more sensitive to provide, I will give you a PM, since you at least seem to receive mine but not vice versa at the moment.

Dear Jamie,

After my out-town trip and back to Hong Kong, I received a reply which your Company PR Dept. forwarded my email back to the China Office, and I am just speechless and "WOW"

I am copying the email to here:

"Regarding the letter you sent to our PR email, please see the feedback below.

Thanks for sharing the whole story with us. To make everything clearer, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that there is no original record of the first case (CAS-156191-Z0Q5R5) for our reference. We, DJI, eventually offered a discounted price at 60% for you to purchase a new drone because we care about your experience as a loyal customer and we would really like to solve your problem. And then you have obviously accepted the offer and the solution, meaning we both agreed that this case was done.

Regarding the second case (CAS - 302177 - K9X7V8), you’ve mentioned our instruction of picking up the drone in Shenzhen. We have double checked with our colleague, and they confirmed that they did not provide this information. Collecting the drone in HK but releasing it in Shenzhen is not allowed by the customs law which applies to all cases and we must abide by. As for “Shenzhen Bay repair center is not open to customers”, the colleague was actually referring to the repair center in Futian Bonded Area where your drone was repaired, while you were referring to the quick repair center in Shenzhen Hi-tech Park, hence the misunderstanding.

Now let’s clarify on the matter of flight test video. Since you agreed to check the video in order to confirm that the drone works well before it’s sent back to you, we have made the arrangement after repairing the landing gear set. But it is a pity that an unexpected accident happened during the flight test which is not something desired by both you and us.

You have raised many question regarding this case, here we explain it one by one to avoid further confusion. Firstly, when the drones are sent back to our repair center, there is a long procedure to fix them. The procedure includes preliminary diagnosis, physical repair, flight test, and quality control step by step. Not all problems can be verified in the process of physical repair, some would be found during the flight test or other steps in the procedure, and once more issues are verified during flight test or at other steps, the drone will be double-checked and re-treated. Losing record, as you mentioned, it is more likely related to the APP instead of physical damage, and can be verified after flight test. That’s why we did not inform you in the quotation email after preliminary diagnosis. Secondly, flight test, as one of the steps to verify potential problems, will be proceeded after physical repair to check the drone condition. And only after confirming the drone works well, will we conduct more flight tests to create flight records to see if the problem of losing records exists or not and then take video for your reference. Unexpectedly, the accident happened at the first flight test, so there is no video could be offered.

We’d like to apologize for the accident we have caused, and to offer you a replacement. If you still want to check whether the problem which you mentioned exists in the new drone or not, we are happy to arrange flight test again and offer a video for your confirmation. Furthermore, to show our sincerity, we’d like to offer you an extra battery as a gift. We really want you to be happy and fly your drone as soon as possible. However, no more compensation or product upgrade could be offered at this moment.

Hope everything is clear now. Your understanding would be very much appreciated."

I am quite speechless that how your Fannie lack of Key / Main point analyzing & Logical reasoning as a supervisor.

I) I stated the first case is due to the unsolved problem since the first case, but she is replying me that "meaning we both agreed that this case was done"? Come on, case closed not meaning the problem is solved out and also the confidence of the product is completely fixed & heal.

II) I have no idea how many times I need to tell her a flight test video since the beginning before the UAV take-off, to let your customers can indentify that is his / her UAV otherwise people can question that video's credibility.

III) Now she is telling me that flight test are performing not only one time <-- please take notice that the
flight test was perform after I made such request; your Company didn't do that before my request, THEY JUST REQUESTING MY SHIPPING ADDRESS.

IV) She start mentioning your Company Staff haven't provide such information SUDDENLY.
In here I want to let you know that IF I AM INFORMED I CAN'T TAKE BACK MY UAV IN SHENZHEN ALSO WITH A REQUEST OF PERFORMING A TRIAL FLIGHT TEST DURING THE PICKUP, I WON'T DEPOSIT MY UAV IN THERE. IT REQUIRES A 15 BUSINESS DAYS FOR ONLY TRANSPORTING IT TO HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK, which is just a max. 1 HOUR car journey distance; And IF YOUR STAFF REALLY DIDN'T PROVIDE SUCH INFORMATION, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ASK ME TO GO TO THE SHENZHEN BAY REPAIR CENTER FOR IT AS I STATED MY REQUEST FOR A TRAIL FLIGHT TEST DURING THE PICKUP AFTER THE REPAIR!!

v) Before she said your firmware are all tested before launched, I will assume also same as the DJI GO App, but now she mentioning is the App problem for the flight record lost, which the first issue was happened since the first case (which is nearly about 6 months before), so is this means the problem never been delivered to your Company R&D Dept? or this is an issue your Company cannot be fixed or want to hide?

Also in here I want to let you guys know the China DJI always love to  throw one most major excuses to people: We Recommend customers to use the IOS Devices rather than Android, because in China Android phone is not operate in GOOGLE platform, which they may not able to check the compatibility! which is a quite stupid answer, because as a big Enterprise like your Company, with offices located in worldwide.

And lastly, I am quite surprising that the email I sent to DJI PR was replied by an employee whom is involved into that complaint??!! Shouldn't it is a very basic rules and guidelines  that any company should avoiding that?
1Untitled.jpg
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules