P4P Firmware update issue - a little help?
946 3 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

P4P showed up yesterday, so last night I went through the firmware update process.  Moved along smoothly until 99%, then froze and stayed at that point for over 20 minutes.  I unplugged and restarted the remote and the bird to try again.  It still said firmware update required but then when it got to the point of connecting the tablet with the bird via the USB cable, it just sits there and tells me it's connected but won't do anything at all.  I restarted everything time and again - nothing.  Got frustrated at 0 dark thirty and went to bed.  Got up this morning, same thing - plug in the cable and it just tells me it's connected but won't update anything.  Everything else seems to be fine as far as commo between the tablet and the bird - I can get everywhere on the controls, make adjustments etc, but it just won't do anything as far as updating when the cable is connected from tablet to bird.  Still says firmware update required when I go to normal start up.  I know you experienced guys have the answer, so please share it with me so I can get this thing outside.  ;)
Thanks much!
Sarge

2016-12-6
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Hi sarge43, it's pretty normal, update will get stuck at 99% and you need to restart both AC and RC and the App.
It will STILL say it needs updating everytime, but do not worry, just look at the "About" Page on the app, you will see the latest version. It's just a graphics glitch that will be probably fixed with the new FW Update along with the IMU-22 error.
2016-12-6
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

So I'm good?  Thanks for the info Ange1walk, I appreciate it!
Sarge
2016-12-6
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Yep you are good to go

Just don't calibrate the IMU,  you could get grounded due to the IMU-22 Error. (I heard new FW Update will come next Monday.)
Heck, never update the IMU unless you are told to do so by the App, it's just Rumors that started on the Forums that you need to calibrate the IMU everytime you update something.

Hint: Dr. Turbo a top DJI Engineer even said himself to never update the IMU just for Fun with the Mavic, P4P and Up. (Source: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... &postcount=1648 )

Keep on flying
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules