2381 7 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Just received my P4-PRO. Left it outside for 1/2 hour. Downloaded DJI GO 4, Log in to account, DID NOT DO software updates.

Instead, did the IMU, perfect. (you need to follow the screen prompts.).

After completetion, did automatic GIMBALL calibration.

Shut down, turned on again, ran SOFTWARE UPDATES for both drone and controller. Download complete, asked to link phone to drone to continue updating, did that, (LEAVE CONTROLLER ON) done. Shut down AIRCRAFT, CONTROLLER.

Turned back on, set up all (hight, home point etc.)

Inserted P4 old batteries one by one (3 of them)  one by one did update, shut down, drone and controller, inserted the next one, same thing, update done.

Went outside, turned on, drone asked for COMPASS CALIBRATION, did it, then ready to fly.

Flew full battery until 10% remaining, with videos, picutres, RTH, SPORT MODE,  ATTI MODE, back to basic... A OKKKKKK

ONE SUGGESTION:

DO NOT USE YOUR TABLET to update software (mini 2 or slower), I NEVER USED DJI Assistant 2 (never worked with me )  I only use IPHONE 6 PLUS S or higher.

Please tap if you need hlep!

2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Amazing how well it works when you follow directions EXACTLY, huh?  Awesome!  Same experience with me, basically, just not as many animated thumbs-up!
2016-12-6
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-6 15:21
Amazing how well it works when you follow directions EXACTLY, huh?  Awesome!  Same experience with me, basically, just not as many animated thumbs-up!

Maybe it will grab their attention to each steps and or encourage them!
2016-12-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've owned almost ever DJI product since the phantom 1 and they've always been perfect and when other people had issues i assumed they were doing the steps wrong or something then came along the phantom 4 pro. What a lemon, first thing it did on power up is prompted me to do an imu calibration and compass calibration which I thought was odd because no other DJI product ask me this. So I do the imu calibration exactly as one is supposed to and got the dreaded error -22 message not only that but the battery fit into the housing horribly with huge gaps top and bottom, the cooling fan was sending a loud vibrating noise through the room and the prop mounts were loose. So just don't assume that anyone with problems are just dumb new bees because DJI is capable of producing and occasional dud.
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-6 13:12
I've owned almost ever DJI product since the phantom 1 and they've always been perfect and when other people had issues i assumed they were doing the steps wrong or something then came along the phantom 4 pro. What a lemon, first thing it did on power up is prompted me to do an imu calibration and compass calibration which I thought was odd because no other DJI product ask me this. So I do the imu calibration exactly as one is supposed to and got the dreaded error -22 message not only that but the battery fit into the housing horribly with huge gaps top and bottom, the cooling fan was sending a loud vibrating noise through the room and the prop mounts were loose. So just don't assume that anyone with problems are just dumb new bees because DJI is capable of producing and occasional dud.

I apologize.  After reading what I put, I was afraid someone 'might' get offended.  

Yea, I know there are a few with that issue that are legitimate.  I think might be DJI GO 4 for iOS & Android - the P4P+ DJI GO 4 is a different version.  
2016-12-6
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is NOT rubbing it to anyone.

95% of the issues can be resolved by NOT ONLY following the directions but the steps. Don't rush, take your time and then enjoy. The other 10% or so, loud noise, obvious manufacturer deffect should be rerturned and don't waist your time discussing it. Defect is a Defect.! Even top notch car builder  etc will have lemons.

GOOD LUCK!
2016-12-6
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I suppose all the ones that failed the calibrations suggests we are idiots because we didn't do it correctly, think NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT may aswell add a few more T's
2016-12-6
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-6 21:20
I suppose all the ones that failed the calibrations suggests we are idiots because we didn't do it correctly, think NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT may aswell add a few more T's

I did NOT say it... You did!

Just pointing out that a lot of people, newbie or old timers, rush and make mistake and blame it on the device.

Again, we are NOT saying that everybody who have or had problems don't know what they are doing but If I have to return every drone for every time, I myself, screwed up or missed something or did not do it right, I will not be flying... ever!

I learned from the the P2 but then... A OK with P3A to OSMO, to P4, to P4 PRO, to MAVIC PRO.
I do the same exact steps...

2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules