SD card wont stay in...
6170 26 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Ive just gone to do the latest P3P update. Pushed the SD card in and it came out. It wont click in an stay in.
When i put it in and held it in,the update started. 10 -15 mins later my fingers were killing me.
This P3P is 12 months old in 2 weeks time with only about 25 flights. Now this SD card issue.
I dont fancy sending the whole craft to DJI just to repart the SD card slot.
Any thoughts...
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would hurry up and contact DJI and send it in for repair.
http://www.dji.com/support

Even if you can hold your finger on it long enough to update firmware, you need to fly it with the SD card to record anything so it's still unusable if the card will not stay in.
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry about your pointer.. ;-)

Aside from having the DJI support fix it, there aren't a lot of other options. Not sure how you would be able to remove the reader and fix it yourself, so the loss of your drone for a few weeks would be about it.
Unless you want to fly it, and not have the ability to record video or take pics. You're stuck.

Thankfully turn around time for return of the drone from the nearest repair center has been reduced, to a comfortable few weeks.

Good luck, and sorry again. Ah for your drones sd card reader...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Or just use a strong white Tape to hold it in..
2016-12-6
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just been onto Tech Online chat. I got told to push a little bit harder on it(SD Card). When that didnt fix it, then you will have to send it in for repair. The whole drone, not just the camera gimble part...
Happy Christmas to Me  {:4_117:}
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-6 14:51
Just been onto Tech Online chat. I got told to push a little bit harder on it(SD Card). When that didnt fix it, then you will have to send it in for repair. The whole drone, not just the camera gimble part...
Happy Christmas to Me

Hey, that repair should be quite simple and probably not all that expensive to fix by the experts. Not a big deal, if you get on it, & have it sent in soon. Yeah, you probanly won't get it back before Christmas. But if you wait, with all the new seasonal drone owners crashing their presents and busting things up, the turn around could possibly be dragged out for a bit longer. Definately send it in as soon as you can, and get it returned all the faster. ;-)
Good luck Hawk, better sooner than later.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cheers Red.
I will be on with the return after work tomorrow.
Cant believe i will have to send the whole P3P in for the sd card slot repair..
2016-12-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Its not an uncommon fault with the holders. Its just a tiny tongue that holds it and any card not inserted correct or if forced wrong way will knscker it.

Its why many people don't remove cards and accept slow transfer rates by cable.

SD card holder is a terrible design but that's what we have. Originally designed for fit and forget for phones etc.

Nigel
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-6 16:17
Cheers Red.

Recognizing the similar ill feelings very well - been there and done that.

I must have been a little hasty a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to remove the micro sd card reader from my desktop computer tower, evidently must have lifted it up, just at the last moment while taking the card out, and broke off a tiny little sliver of the reader, which was left in the tower. The next time I inserted the card reader, to update my Phantom 3 Pro firmware, the reader wouldn't go all the way in.

When I looked over the reader closely, was when I noticed that tiny missing piece, realizing it was lodged deep, at the back of the reader slot. Thankfully, I have a good friend who is a computer tech at a local outlet, and he graciously dropped in and took the tower home to dive in there and surgically remove it. Everything is back to working as usual, but it sure scared me. That same slot is where my regular sd cards from my Nikon D800 are read too. So it's an important component to my photography x2. ;-)

Hope you can have your Phantom back real soon, and that you can return to flying the drone and enjoying it as never before.
Please insert the micro sd card slowly and take care to insert it straight in, and same while removing it. Use extra care and attention.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

For use in my PC .... I have a small USB key that the micro SD card cannot be incorrectly fitted to. Its more like a mobile phone in that the card suits under a thin strap and not locked by tab. You can slide it in and out easily. Its that small it has a key-ring on it !

I also have those multi-card readers but they are slower than my key-ring USB holder.

It just remains to be careful putting card back into the camera.

I have an HD sport-cam for my hatcam videos when flying normal models - that has a 'butchered' slot where a card got stuck and had to be levered out ! All fixed now but the plastic surround still looks like WW3 !

Nigel
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

World War 3? Coincidently, at midnight, it's the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. ;-)

Not something that needs to be celebrated, but we always give thanks and say a prayer for all those who served.

Just some trivia. Ok carry on...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-7 07:17
Cheers Red.

I do understand your frustration with this, but sending it in for service as soon as possible would be the best course of action to get this addressed. The Europe Support team would get you up and running in no time.
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-7 00:28
I do understand your frustration with this, but sending it in for service as soon as possible would be the best course of action to get this addressed. The Europe Support team would get you up and running in no time.

DJI-Jamie, That's a good piece of advice, and I look forward to a nice report back when the drone has been sent home, repaired and ready to fly again, with sd card intact. ;-)

Good luck Hawks100, I'm going to be rooting for you. Hope it all works out, and soon.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-6
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cheers guys, i will keep you posted.
Very happy with dji when my rth button bust on my p3a. 10 day turn round and a New rc.
Fingers crossed.
2016-12-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-7 01:09
Cheers guys, i will keep you posted.
Very happy with dji when my rth button bust on my p3a. 10 day turn round and a New rc.
Fingers crossed.

Hey one other point I'd like to make. Thanks for keeping such a great attitude about all of this.
Sometime people get on here all angry with insultive comments about the company doing the wrong thing.
Instead of taking the higher road like you have demonstrated. The fact that you are being polite and respectful goes a long way in my books. So I'm quite certain all will be fixed and in a short period of time. Good for you.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-7
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No point in getting upset over it. My experience with DJI repairs has been First class, so lets hope for more of the same.
Repair request started tonight.
Looks like they want the whole craft sending back to them.
Better get it all boxed up then.
The clock is ticking
2016-12-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-7 11:49
No point in getting upset over it. My experience with DJI repairs has been First class, so lets hope for more of the same.
Repair request started tonight.
Looks like they want the whole craft sending back to them.

Here's some tissue, wipe your runny nose too. Haha

It will all be over soon. Find a good micro drone, like the tiny whoop Inductrix and fly it to death...

See you in the movies...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-7
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Day 1.
Item collected and on its way to be repaired.
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey thanks for the updates. & it's a pleasure having you as a respected member of this awesome, developing forum.

Gives me more hope that others will follow your fine and fair example.. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Come on now, how long has DJI had you on the pay roll..
2016-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-12 13:29
Come on now, how long has DJI had you on the pay roll..

Haha, that's a fair question, but it lacks any fact.
It would be a huge pleasure and wonderful honour to represent such an interesting company, for me.
But my lack of their business practice values or knowledge, nor the ability to speak Chinese probably negates that privilege and responsibility. It would be an historical moment in my life, were that availability made a reality.
Even though DJI-Ken being so kind to me had offered his personal permission to explore the possibility.  

http://we.dji.com/index_en.html

I wouldn't know where to begin... ;-)

All though it's an open invitation, for anyone with the right bright intelligence to explore

But thanks for your support, and high esteem building. friendly words of encouragement.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-12
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update.
Repair Case started on 08/12/16.
I sent it back on 12/12/16.
Dji got it 15/12/16.
Assessed 16/12/16.
FREE REPAIR
New camera gimbal Fitted.
Im just waiting for a dispatch date from DJI.
I have to say, i have had to return 2 items to DJI for repairs. Both items were Warranty(FOC) including Free Postage to and from DJI.Fast turn around and very easy to deal with.  
Happy Christmas to Me...  
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-17 02:45
Update.
Repair Case started on 08/12/16.
I sent it back on 12/12/16.

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update.
2016-12-16
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Upated.
Ive got my P3P back today with what looks like a New gimbal on it. Ive tested the sd card slot only to check it stays in. It does. I will check camera funtion later.
DJI
Yet again a fantastic service.
Bravo....
2016-12-22
Use props
crucialpro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5067264 ft
Barbados

I fixed this (albeit temporarily) in less than 5 minutes with a zip tie and the end of a zip tie. Will just dump data via USB from now on.

2017-12-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-22 09:48
Upated.
Ive got my P3P back today with what looks like a New gimbal on it. Ive tested the sd card slot only to check it stays in. It does. I will check camera funtion later.
DJI

Nice to hear that .. Enjoy & Fly safe
2017-12-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

crucialpro Posted at 2017-12-2 08:43
I fixed this (albeit temporarily) in less than 5 minutes with a zip tie and the end of a zip tie. Will just dump data via USB from now on.

[view_image]

Good temporarily fix ... indeed
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules