Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 pro gimbal problem
12369 12 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KJ0314
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11673 ft
Malaysia

Yesterday when I turn on my pnantom 4 pro and I forgot to take away the gimbal lock, when I realise, I quickly take it away. But after that I found it the gimbal is not working anymore, the camera keep facing down. I tried to calibration the gimbal but this problem still doesn't solve, can anyone help me to solve this problem? This is my first drone, I never know this will happening, I fell so upset about it. In this situation, can i solve it myself, or I have to send it back to repair?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry to hear about that, you did not turn it off when taking the gimbal lock away?
After restarting the aircraft, the gimbal cannot finish self-calibration, right?
If it keeps facing down, then it needs to be sent in for evaluation and get it fixed.
2016-12-7
Use props
KJ0314
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11673 ft
Malaysia

I wanted to know estimate how much the cost for fixing the gimbal problem?
2016-12-7
Use props
DerOnkel82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 806470 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi! I had the same issue but i could fix it. The camera had slight contact to the flat cable while the gimbal tried to calibrate upon startup. In my case there was a little bit glue or something in the corner of the flat cable that stoped the gimbal in calibration. When the Phantom was turned off i could feel a litte drag while turning the camera down. When i removed the glue (or whatever it was) on the flat cable it calibrated as it should.

I hope this helps..
2016-12-9
Use props
dasilvaPaulo
New
Flight distance : 4377 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SO, could you get the issue solved? how did you do that?
I have the same problem.. the camera it self works properly, but the gimbal doesn't move anymore.. I used it in the morning and packed it nicely... when I went to use in the afternoon, the gimbal didn't work anymore.. and I just used the Drone 2 times.. I've purchased it last week.. it sucks.. 1700 Euro.. :-(
I don't know what to do.. I will bring the drone tomorrow to the store where I've bought it to see if they can help me.. or somebody here can.. haha
2017-2-24
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

You will be surprised! Just downgrade to an earlier firmware version using the DJI Assistant and then upgrade again to the latest version.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Were you able to get this sorted?
2017-2-25
Use props
fansdbe1b416
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7129 ft
  • >>>
India

#Quick Reply Here#phantom 4pro gimbal flex 2pice rq...
2017-3-22
Use props
CHADEDEMPSEY
New
United States

I literally just had the EXACT same thing happen to me.  I flew it once over Linville Gorge in NC and it worked flawless.  Took it to my dads 2 days later to show off, and the gimbal is whirring and limp when I elevated aircraft.  Re-updated firmware ... still nothing.  I sent it in to DJI, from what I've gathered this is becoming more common.  

Any answers to previous posts?
2017-5-7
Use props
fanscde161f2
New
Thailand

KJ0314 so did you fix it yourself or send to dji??
2017-11-3
Use props
PowellSkier
lvl.3
United States

What is the status on this gimbal problem? Did you get it fixed yourself or send it to DJI?
2017-12-26
Use props
playbizrural
New
Flight distance : 331634 ft
Romania

I have the same problem with the gimbal: face down after power on.
Last update, downgrade-upgrade again: not working

The drone is almost new, no damages, a lot of care during operating or transport.
2018-1-9
Use props
Colester99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510551 ft

On my drone it started up and then drifts side to side it didn’t hold a forward direction anyone know how to fix this
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules