Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4Pro - Tripod Mode & Draw Mode?
2323 11 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have a P4P with iPad Mini 4 with DJI Go 4, all with the latest firmware and versions. I don't see in the flight modes either the Tripod or Draw Modes...

Also I have seen on the P4P+ the ability to calibrate the focus like you can on the Inspire 1 Pro, but in either the iOS or Android apps are nowhere to be seen...

Why all these discrepancies?
2016-12-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Another post suggested that a firmware update resolves the missing modes. Apparently, when first connected to Assistant 2 there was no alert that an update was required, but one existed nevertheless.
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI GO 4 app will not tell you about firmware PROPERLY.

You must plug-in your P4P to DJI Assistant 2 for P4P to update the firmware.  You will then gain your Tripod & Draw modes, an Augmented Reality course on the screen, mechanical shutter support, etc.

It seems only the P4P+ has the focus calibration.  I have a P4P+ & have calibrated the focus.
2016-12-6
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-6 21:02
DJI GO 4 app will not tell you about firmware PROPERLY.

You must plug-in your P4P to DJI Assistant 2 for P4P to update the firmware.  You will then gain your Tripod & Draw modes, an Augmented Reality course on the screen, mechanical shutter support, etc.

I have uptdated the P4P via the DJI Assistant 2 and still no tripod nor draw mode...
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

hvilorio Posted at 2016-12-6 22:08
I have uptdated the P4P via the DJI Assistant 2 and still no tripod nor draw mode...

Is your current version now x.x.201 from November 25th?  If so, that is the latest.  Maybe uninstall all the DJI GO apps you've got and freshly install DJI GO 4 on your device.  
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please check the remote and make sure you switched it to P mode, and enable multiple flight mode, then check again.
We tested DJI GO 4 with both IOS device and android device, Tripod and Draw Modes are available.
Please click on the remote icon under RTH in the left side, you will get the modes.
Mode.png
2016-12-7
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 16:16
Please check the remote and make sure you switched it to P mode, and enable multiple flight mode, then check again.
We tested DJI GO 4 with both IOS device and android device, Tripod and Draw Modes are available.
Please click on the remote icon under RTH in the left side, you will get the modes.

Just a note on this issue --On all my IOS devices IPAD PRO 9.4--MINI 4--Mini 3 and Android Shield K1

IF my startup sequence is Remote--IPAD--P4 pro NO Draw or Tripod mode--

If my startup sequence is Remote--P4 Pro--Then IPAD and App THEN BOTH modes are there!!

Don't know why it matters but it does for me and always works that way

Jack
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2016-12-7 09:37
Just a note on this issue --On all my IOS devices IPAD PRO 9.4--MINI 4--Mini 3 and Android Shield K1

WHOA, interesting.  This has to be what some Mavic owners are doing/experiencing then (the sometimes Tripod Mode thing).
2016-12-7
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-8 02:15
WHOA, interesting.  This has to be what some Mavic owners are doing/experiencing then (the sometimes Tripod Mode thing).

Yeah took me awhile to figure out --thought is was firmware related--latest firmware---App related latest P4 Pro GO app--Reinstalled App-- still no go UNTIL I changed my startup sequence!!!

Jack
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2016-12-7 10:24
Yeah took me awhile to figure out --thought is was firmware related--latest firmware---App related latest P4 Pro GO app--Reinstalled App-- still no go UNTIL I changed my startup sequence!!!

Jack

Yea, doing the "logical" and safe startup doesn't work!  (brains first then the drone)

On a side note, Draw Mode scares the crap outta me anyway.  I tried it out & wasn't impressed at how I can draw a route & hope for the best!  It tried to go around a Blue Spruce a little, then gave up & stopped.  But hey, it didn't crash into it at least and it kept me in total awareness with the AR route & messages.  Improvement upon this mode 'might' make it useful - how about DRAWING ON THE MAP, huh?  But then again, we would need Google Maps back for that.
2016-12-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jackiedh Posted at 2016-12-8 04:37

Hey, well done finding that out, but it makes sense. The app no doubt needs to know which Phantom it is being used with when it starts up - the 4 or the 4 Pro - and if it's told it's the P4P then it'll enable the extra features. The RC doesn't know what to respond to the app if it hasn't connected to the drone first to find out, so the default is P4.

So, powering on in the sequence RC-P4P-App is no doubt the way to go.

By the way, for those who see between the lines here, if this is correct then the functionality for the extra flight modes may therefore already be in-built to the app, rather than the P4P firmware, so why can't it be enabled for the P4 regardless? Which is a rhetoric question - not hard to work out (hehe). This is not uncommon in the software world - to have the software fully capable but with options turned off depending on what you've paid for.
2016-12-7
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-7 18:30
Hey, well done finding that out, but it makes sense. The app no doubt needs to know which Phantom it is being used with when it starts up - the 4 or the 4 Pro - and if it's told it's the P4P then it'll enable the extra features. The RC doesn't know what to respond to the app if it hasn't connected to the drone first to find out, so the default is P4.

So, powering on in the sequence RC-P4P-App is no doubt the way to go.

"The RC doesn't know what to respond to the app if it hasn't connected to the drone first to find out, so the default is P4."... This makes sense, and the people with the P4P+ don't have that problem because the RC knows that it is a P4P+...

2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules