Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video lag/pixelation issue (Galaxy Note 4)
1458 6 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ebi718
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202018 ft
United States

Hello all, I recently got a Phantom 4 and I am looking to decide which device to use. I have a Samsung Note 4 which I have been tryingt to use with the RC unsuccessfully.
This is what I get on the screen. I have changed video caching setting on the DJI Go app but this has not made a difference.

I have a Samsung S7 edge which works flawlessly but I Note 4 would be ideal. I'd if someone has any tips on addressing this video display issue. PS: I have done a factory reset, cleared all apps, same result.

2016-12-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I recall that many are suggesting that until this issue is resolved by DJI, that running the RC on firmware 1.6 is a work-around. I suggest you downgrade and try that out.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-71747-1-1.html

2016-12-6
Use props
Liquidkiller1
lvl.1

Vietnam

I think DJi likes apple more because there is nothing wrong on the Iphone but on android everything is messed up
2016-12-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Liquidkiller1 Posted at 2016-12-7 13:29
I think DJi likes apple more because there is nothing wrong on the Iphone but on android everything is messed up

I have both, and can confirm that's true - the issue is only with android.
2016-12-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ebi,

Beside the 1.6.0 firmware work around (white screen upper right corner touch icon for 5 or more seconds, follow instructions to downgrade to 1.6.0), there is the Live Feed transmission option.  Go to the HD icon on the flight screen upper right between the RC icon and the battery icon.  Open it up and use the "Custom" settings.  Pick a channel that works for you according to the information available, and then change the bandwidth setting so it is all the way to the left.  This should clear things up.  

If not Chat or Phone DJI Support about the problem.  After the initial contact, you can follow up with the email option.  From what you are writing, the Note 4 has a larger screen than the S7?  For $200 you can get the nVidia Shield K1 (8" screen), the favorite Android device on this Forum.  Very powerful.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-6
Use props
Ebi718
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202018 ft
United States

Thanks all for the responses; very helpful. I want to stay with Android as long as I can and will try the downgrade option. Yes, the form factor of the Note 4 OK (larger than S7 Edge). The reviews for the Nvidia Shield K1 seem great so I might get that as a last resort (for a dedicated device for the RC).
2016-12-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ebi718 Posted at 2016-12-8 02:51
Thanks all for the responses; very helpful. I want to stay with Android as long as I can and will try the downgrade option. Yes, the form factor of the Note 4 OK (larger than S7 Edge). The reviews for the Nvidia Shield K1 seem great so I might get that as a last resort (for a dedicated device for the RC).

Yeah, if it's a dedicated device for the RC, price is a relevant consideration. I've been happy with my iPad 9.7", but when Aldi here in Aust came along with the ONIX 10.1" android 6.1 tablet for $89 AUD, I thought 'hey, why not...'    Umm, that's $65 USD?

Anyway, I'm now waiting for the next RC firmware to see if 1.8 issues are resolved (whenever it comes out).
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules