Unpacking the Mavic
2496 22 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

DJIKEN, I noticed when unpacking my Mavic, there is a yellow tab on top of the gimble...it looks like one of those pull tabs that you find on an electronic device that interrupts the battery circuit till the device is ready to use. I have not noticed this tab in any pictures of the Mavic prior to receiving mine. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

IMG_0104.JPG
2016-12-6
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Its a clear sticker from manufacture. Remove it and all is good.
2016-12-6
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

Mine was hard to get off. Came off in pieces. Just be gentle with the Drone.
2016-12-6
Use props
WarrickDim
New

Hong Kong

Any harm if not removing it?
2016-12-6
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

WarrickDim Posted at 2016-12-7 01:12
Any harm if not removing it?

Don't think so: If it was not designed for removing, why do they add a yellow tag on the edge?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the others said, yes it's a protective and remove it.
It shouldn't hurt anything by leaving it on.Also, I will not be notified unless you reply to one of my posts.

2016-12-6
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Remove all gimbal clamps and gently turn the gimbal by hand and then remove it.Be careful tho as the gimbal is really fragile AND the sticker is kinda "sticky" on there and hard to remove.
2016-12-6
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 14:20
As the others said, yes it's a protective and remove it.
It shouldn't hurt anything by leaving it on.Also, I will not be notified unless you reply to one of my posts.

Thanks for replying Ken. I appreciate all you do for this group, very helpful. Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

One other question DJI-Ken. The shipping package had what looked like minor damage to one corner, however it was forceful enough to damage the corner of the DJI package, and when unpacking I found the clip that secures the gimble in place had popped loose. Is there a procedure to test the full functionality of the gimbal and camera or will the Mavic do that automatically once the firmware has been upgraded, and it has been prepared for flight?
Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zygote Posted at 2016-12-7 08:01
Thanks for replying Ken. I appreciate all you do for this group, very helpful. Thank you.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.
There's a bunch of us moderators that work hard on the DJI forum and other social media.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zygote Posted at 2016-12-7 08:17
One other question DJI-Ken. The shipping package had what looked like minor damage to one corner, however it was forceful enough to damage the corner of the DJI package, and when unpacking I found the clip that secures the gimble in place had popped loose. Is there a procedure to test the full functionality of the gimbal and camera or will the Mavic do that automatically once the firmware has been upgraded, and it has been prepared for flight?
Thank you.

When you power up the aircraft it will go through a self test as well as the gimbal.
I wouldn't worry about it, your gimbal should be just fine.
2016-12-7
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 23:26
When you power up the aircraft it will go through a self test as well as the gimbal.
I wouldn't worry about it, your gimbal should be just fine.

Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all.
2016-12-7
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

Hi Ken,
Went through the firmware updates and have followed all instructions, however I do not see a screen with camera connect on my iPhone 7plus while in the DJI Go 4 app. I am able to click on equipment and when that screen appears I keep getting a disconnected message in the upper left hand corner. Controller and Mavic are connected and I am getting ready to go message on the controller. Have worked on this all afternoon, and have tried other iPhones without any luck. Could this be due to damage to the gimble, or am I missing something simple? Do I need to do a factory reset? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Contact DJI support and rase a ticket it should just work out of the box and i would be concerned about the drone arriving with damage to the box and the gimbal being out of the transport clamp thesooner you contact them the sooner you geta replacement as i would class this as dead on arrival and should just be replaced.
2016-12-7
Use props
Highfive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400476 ft
Germany

- cable could be defective. try another one.
- use only one usb port at same time
- you have scanned the QR Code with the app?
2016-12-7
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Its ironic how there is protective sticker on the top of the gimbal and none on the lens.
2016-12-7
Use props
WarrickDim
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for replying. I appreciate all you do for this group, very helpful. Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zygote Posted at 2016-12-7 16:51
Hi Ken,
Went through the firmware updates and have followed all instructions, however I do not see a screen with camera connect on my iPhone 7plus while in the DJI Go 4 app. I am able to click on equipment and when that screen appears I keep getting a disconnected message in the upper left hand corner. Controller and Mavic are connected and I am getting ready to go message on the controller. Have worked on this all afternoon, and have tried other iPhones without any luck. Could this be due to damage to the gimble, or am I missing something simple? Do I need to do a factory reset? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

It shouldn't be doing that, the app is optimized for your phone so that's not the issue. Are you sure your exposure isn't turned all the way down?
Can you arm the motors and tilt the camera down?
Are you seeing safe to fly GPS?
Can you get into any of the settings?
If you can't do any of these then connect to the Assistant2 and do a factory restore.
2016-12-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Try another device. Seen reports about Iphone7 cutting the cameras image.
2016-12-7
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Highfive Posted at 2016-12-7 18:29
- cable could be defective. try another one.
- use only one usb port at same time
- you have scanned the QR Code with the app?

What does scanning the QR code w/ the app do?
2016-12-7
Use props
Zygote
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 22:19
It shouldn't be doing that, the app is optimized for your phone so that's not the issue. Are you sure your exposure isn't turned all the way down?
Can you arm the motors and tilt the camera down?
Are you seeing safe to fly GPS?

Thanks for all the input...on shift today, will return to debugging setup on my Mavic tomorrow.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zygote Posted at 2016-12-8 09:32
Thanks for all the input...on shift today, will return to debugging setup on my Mavic tomorrow.

Sounds good.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules