Horizontal axis off
1540 9 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arturochu.gmail
lvl.1

Mexico

Ever since i updated the firmware i've been having inconsistent result in the horizontal axis, even with very careful manual calibration the horizontal axis is always off a little bit, very annoying problem, how can i downgrade firmware?
2015-2-10
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hi, Please upload a video link here for a better illustration.
1. Please do balance as illustrated in http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/video
2. After balancing, do 'calibrate system' for 2~3 times
3. adjust motor tile trim until horizontal.
2015-2-11
Use props
kevin.airworxci
lvl.1

United States

DJI, we're ALL having the same issue with drifting horizontal or pan axis.  This is 100% a firmware issue....
2015-2-11
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-11 16:58
Hi, Please upload a video link here for a better illustration.
1. Please do balance as illustrated i ...

Stop asking ppl to do calibration. this is clearly the firmware problem! So don't waste ppl time. I have downgraded the firmware to 2.1 and it works fine now. DJI should look into this and come out with latest firmware to eliminate this issue.
2015-2-11
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

pentagon78 Posted at 2015-2-12 11:40
Stop asking ppl to do calibration. this is clearly the firmware problem! So don't waste ppl time.  ...

Hi, Jessen,
I know your concern. However, before I do the judgement I should confirm all the possibilities via the posts. if it's the setting issue then our customers' time could be saved.

For the IMU next version, DJI is preparing the final test. Once it's released we will let you know.
2015-2-11
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Stop asking ppl to do calibration. this is clearly the firmware problem! So don't waste ppl time.  ...

That's is like asking people to not balance the DJI RONIN when they change a camera, or lens?
Even if the DJI RONIN is the easiest rig to balance, you must have some patients and not just assume
it will work out of the box, on the day of a paid gig.

Stop acting like a child whoes legos got smashed by a bully!
2015-2-12
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-2-12 16:39
That's is like asking people to not balance the DJI RONIN when they change a camera, or lens?
Even  ...

You read the first thread properly. "Ever since i updated the firmware i've been having inconsistent result in the horizontal axis"

"even with very careful manual calibration the horizontal axis is always off a little bit"

If you are not helping then don't talk as you will never understand our feeling. By the way, I have already sent Kevin the old firmware for a quick fix!
2015-2-12
Use props
james.lck.hotma
New

Malaysia

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-2-12 16:39
Even  ...

Based on what he wrote on top, obviously it is the firmware issue. We had a same problem but it was fixed by downgrading to the earlier firmware. Thanks pentagon for the help! I think DJI should handle this firmware issue properly. it has been dragging for too long.  
2015-2-12
Use props
wwwdotcoms.gmai
New

Indonesia

How to downgrade the firmware ?
2015-2-12
Use props
arturochu
lvl.1

Mexico

plz let me downgrade to imu 2.1 i have the same problem, i'm actually using a beta test of the 2.4 IMU.
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules