Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire Top Speed with No Props in the Video and Horizon in Middle
972 8 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

What is the top speed of the various Inspire drones where the horizon is vertically in the middle of a video (and Live Screen preview), but the propellers do not show in the video (or Live Screen display)?  Mahalo for the help!  I will understand if the various camera mounts are part of the equation.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-6
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi Cetacean,

Not that I've had a lot of time doing top speed runs, but I've chased jet skis at 91-95Km/hr without props in the frame.
It is an issue if you fly with the gear down, or at an angle where prop shadow hits the camera, but otherwise no dramas.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-12-6 23:54
Hi Cetacean,

Not that I've had a lot of time doing top speed runs, but I've chased jet skis at 91-95Km/hr without props in the frame.

Aloha Farnk,

Yes, your points are well taken.  But, if you were at the same level as the jet ski, or say a glider or hang glider or paraglider and chasing them at 95 Km/hr, and of course your landing gear are up, would you likely see your props in the video and Live Feed?  (The important part of the question is for the horizon to be in the middle vertically.)  I am sure it is not something you would experience every day.  It is more of a question of extremes.  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-7
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-8 05:15
Aloha Farnk,

Yes, your points are well taken.  But, if you were at the same level as the jet ski, or say a glider or hang glider or paraglider and chasing them at 95 Km/hr, and of course your landing gear are up, would you likely see your props in the video and Live Feed?  (The important part of the question is for the horizon to be in the middle vertically.)  I am sure it is not something you would experience every day.  It is more of a question of extremes.  Mahalo for the help!

With the horizon at mid-frame, you will be fine at speed.
The only time I've ever seen props in frame was when flying with the gear down.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-12-7 11:42
With the horizon at mid-frame, you will be fine at speed.
The only time I've ever seen props in frame was when flying with the gear down.

Aloha Farnk,

Oh yeah, that makes sense since the pressure on the gear would be dragging the front down more than usual.  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-8 05:15
Aloha Farnk,

Wind speed can possibly effect whether propellers enter the shot, especially if you're fighting against some pretty strong wind.
2016-12-7
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

You will see the props in your shot whenever you make abrupt movements. This is not something I concern myself with normally but it does happen.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-7 13:21
Wind speed can possibly effect whether propellers enter the shot, especially if you're fighting against some pretty strong wind.

Aloha Jamie,

Mahalo for the input!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-12-7 13:26
You will see the props in your shot whenever you make abrupt movements. This is not something I concern myself with normally but it does happen.

Aloha flightime,

Mahalo for the input!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules