1996 13 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EK1381
lvl.1

United States

Hello world
total newbie to drone world, just had a few questions

I flew my drone and experienced a crash due to a random flyaway and crashed. I almost had a panic attack just watching it drifting away in the sky at full speed.

Out of desperation I inquired my original seller, and they took it back with no questions asked because it was within 14 day period.
I feel extremely lucky and wanting to learn more about drone before going on next flight...

I decided to buy another P3S. Im hoping that the flyaway does not occur.

Now I have some questions because I realize I still see my drone and flight details on my DJI go application
I could not find any menus or options to "deactivate" my drone. so i decided to just return it anyways.
Im just trying to make sure that if my drone returned gets fixed and resold  or picked up by someone and they fly it and gets into trouble
i hope it doesnt trace back to my account.

Anybody have any idea?

2016-12-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That's easy, start a new account with a different email address.
2016-12-6
Use props
EK1381
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-7 00:05
That's easy, start a new account with a different email address.

thanks for the response bud
I guess my concern is more based on what happens to the drone that got returned
if it ever resurrects to its full potential, will it be linked to my account in its future flights?
(while i no longer own it!?)
2016-12-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

EK1381 Posted at 2016-12-7 16:10
thanks for the response bud
I guess my concern is more based on what happens to the drone that got returned
if it ever resurrects to its full potential, will it be linked to my account in its future flights?

Unfortunately it will be linked to your previous account, and it is not easy to change it. But in any event, it will be something the next owner has to deal with. It vwill not involve you in any liability though.
2016-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I flew my drone and experienced a crash due to a random flyaway and crashed.
I decided to buy another P3S. Im hoping that the flyaway does not occur.

The best way to prevent "flyaways" is to learn what caused the incident so that doesn't happen again.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Units that are returned to dealers due to issues normally get sent back to the manufacturer, it's unlikely that it would be sold to another customer.
2016-12-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

And they become "Refurbs" ?

Genuinely interested because various online are offering 'Refurb' deals that look very inviting.

Nigel
2016-12-7
Use props
retireddog
lvl.2

United States

I bought a refurb and have had no trouble whats so ever. Knock on wood.
2016-12-7
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Treat it like a car you have sold. Keep notes of when you returned it, Shipping, return slip, etc. Most importantly keep a copy of the serial number with all this paperwork. Then if anything happens you'll have proof you don't own it, and haven't owned it since ( insert date here).
2016-12-7
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I thought when a new own first registers an account with dgi go app, then that is then linked to the new owner.
I sold my p3a to another person, registered my new p3p to my same accont without any issues.
Ive not heard anything about my old p3a since i sold it.
2016-12-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Russia

Seems a bit of paranoia creeping in here !

Nigel
2016-12-7
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-8 09:38
Seems a bit of paranoia creeping in here !

Nigel

Paranoia yes! I just got my P3 back from support. It was supposed to be repaired but apon examination, I see they shipped me another RC and AC. Refurbished units, no doubt. Different serial numbers and all. Have not flown it yet and when I do, look out!
2016-12-7
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-7 21:22
Paranoia yes! I just got my P3 back from support. It was supposed to be repaired but apon examination, I see they shipped me another RC and AC. Refurbished units, no doubt. Different serial numbers and all. Have not flown it yet and when I do, look out!

I sent my P3P in for repair ($$$ ouch) and when I got it back I'm going to assume all of the serials were also different. Especially since I sent it in in pieces and it came back mint.
2016-12-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Russia

For me ... I look upon it same as when I change the display unit on the controller.

But I will tell one story which happened to myself and Wife ...

I had a high performance car that had a design fault. While it was being repaired - I bought a cheap runabout car to keep mobile. (this was in days before UK Co's had to provide !!).

Once I got the original car back - we sold the cheapo .... We signed the slip and thought nothing about it.

I was away on assignment when my Wife phoned me saying that Police had visited the house asking about the car. She had managed to convince them we had sold it and new owner had not registered.

The car had been used in an incident in next town where a Shotgun had been brandished and used to shoot another.

Yes - incidents and registration do happen ... but as long as you act correctly - as with that incident - all was cleared up quite easily.

As to your DJI model .... c'mon .... bit of reality maybe called for ? Its only ike having an Email account left over and unused ...

Nigel
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules