MAVIC Lost Connection Issues - Many Problems - NO DJI RESPONSES
2194 9 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inFLIGHT
lvl.1
Czechia

Dear DJI,

MAVIC is great! I love that piece of tech. I ordered it on DAY1 and was looking forward to getting mine for weeks. After a long wait and after an ordeal with the customs, it finally sits on my table.

But that's all it does!

MAVIC is my first drone, costs a lot of money and it's inability to maintain connection resulting in
unpredictable No Signal Error even over less than 10 metres distance has definitely strong negative impact on my faith it will not crash into the first object on failed RTH attempt.

(Yes, I'm running latest firmwares on everything, yes, everything is calibrated and ready to go. Everything is green and cool and then the screen goes grey without a warning and RTH is initiated. Yes, I am following best practices regarding antennas positions, directions, and alll.)

! Above that, being a lawyer, I am pretty sure that operation of the device while knowing it has SEVERE and REGULAR connection issues definitely makes at least one of us (me and/or you, DJI) liable for any damages related for such irresponsible operation! What's your position on that, DJI?

Recently, there have beenmany many reports on unprecedented lost connections between the MAVIC and the RC.
See examples below:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-74200-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72870-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-73101-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-74026-1-1.html

I CANNOT believe there are no answers from the DJI team, yet.

DJI, could you, please, provide us with clear guidelines, recommendation, firmware and/or app updates ASAP?

As someone already said, we would be happy beta testing the product, however, the final consumer version really should not have such extensive connection issues. I am seriously considering formal complaint and request for refund.

A couple of Questions to be answered:

What is the cause of the problem?
Can it be caused by the phone? (A lot of complaints are related to Nexus 6P and PIXEL phones. But iPhones as well.) How's that possible, if the MAVIC should be controllable even with no phone attached?
Will the problem be fixed? When? Firmware? App update? Both? Should we wait for the fix?
Is it safe to operate the MAVIC until then!?

PS: No, I am not buying any of the recommended phones just to find out that it has the same problem. IMO, latest and updated Google devices should be supported without a question.
2016-12-7
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I'm waiting a response too.

I flew with my phantom 3 advanced in a location past months without problems at all. Now with the mavic in the same location I loose my video streaming and  the app can't give me battery information at the same time. All become n/a. Grey screen and no information at all. I'm sure the lightning cable is perfectly connected to mi iPhone 6S plus. The RC is connected and working I can cancel RTH and I can take it back with no problem.

All with latest firmware, latest app, lates iOS etc.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please try to fly in a different open area to see if it's the same or not?
After that, please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email.
I'll help to check it.
2016-12-7
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you. I flew in different areas with no problem at all. But here no problem with my phantom 3 but I have with the mavic. I will try to sync and let you know.

Thanks a lot.
2016-12-7
Use props
inFLIGHT
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 12:34
Could you please try to fly in a different open area to see if it's the same or not?
After that, please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email.
I'll help to check it.

Thank you. Will do that. Is it correct that DJI GO 4.0 is the preferred app for Mavic now?
2016-12-7
Use props
inFLIGHT
lvl.1
Czechia

UPDATE:

So, apparently, there's new firmware released V01.03.0000. Flashing now.

Will report, if  the connection is better on Google Nexus 6P, GO 4.0. and the V01.03.0000 firmware.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-7 19:45
Thank you. I flew in different areas with no problem at all. But here no problem with my phantom 3 but I have with the mavic. I will try to sync and let you know.

Thanks a lot.

You can click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

inFLIGHT Posted at 2016-12-8 03:54
UPDATE:

So, apparently, there's new firmware released V01.03.0000. Flashing now.

Please keep us posted.
2016-12-7
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

Today I have removed the micro-USB- lighting cable and installed one new cable from middle USB port to lighting of my iPhone. No problem anymore. All perfect. Maybe in some case the cable included has some problem. With the new cable no problem at all. Very nice flight and distance. All the problems I got with repeaters has gone.
2016-12-8
Use props
repete26
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658868 ft
United States

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-8 14:41
Today I have removed the micro-USB- lighting cable and installed one new cable from middle USB port to lighting of my iPhone. No problem anymore. All perfect. Maybe in some case the cable included has some problem. With the new cable no problem at all. Very nice flight and distance. All the problems I got with repeaters has gone.

I hoe it’s that simple for me I will try today. Thanks for update.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules