Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ART Profile vanished
1690 6 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

As the title suggests....... It appears that DJI are up to their usual tricks again with the latest release of the Mavic firmware and in this instance removed ART profile which generally people found to be the best opteion (along with dialling in some minus sharpness etc).

Add/fix some things but take other things away without actually documenting it anywhere in the release notes

Nothings changed in the owrld of DJI...... They just done learn

2016-12-7
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I haven't updated yet, but the release notes says some new modes has been adding instead when using DJI Go 4? I haven't seen anybody describe them yet, but maybe there's something even better than the old Art profile?

And yes, I agree that it is a problem if DJI continuesly changes the profiles, forcing people to re-test and re-configure their setup. However I do allow them to do some more here in the beginning just after the introduction, to get things properly optimized.
2016-12-7
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a muddle just now with the name shown on screen not corresponding with what you select from the list of options - which offer no clues what they are.
Art is definitely gone not just renamed.
This seems a very odd decision when everyone who reviewed it, including Phillip Bloom thought that was the best choice for flat profile.
All the silly options which no-one uses are still there of course.
2016-12-7
Use props
dustout
lvl.1
United States

I suggest contacting support and submitting the loss of the art profile as a bug and ask them to bring it back.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans95ba91d8
lvl.3

United States

I'd love to know the reasoning behind moving it?! Perhaps one of the other profiles does a better job...if so, great, but then tell us which one it is?

I just spent roughly 4 hours last week dialing in exactly the right settings on this thing...now I have to start over.  
2016-12-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

4wd Posted at 2016-12-7 12:58
It's a muddle just now with the name shown on screen not corresponding with what you select from the list of options - which offer no clues what they are.
Art is definitely gone not just renamed.
This seems a very odd decision when everyone who reviewed it, including Phillip Bloom thought that was the best choice for flat profile.

This is just usual DJI Im afraid....

Just when everone gets used to something and agrees its a best setting the coding monkeys have some bananas and take it away (but dont bother telling anybody).
They have a bit of a tinker, think they have improved things but everybody with half a brain cell can see its a backward step.
So then they have another stab and add some useless rubbish like "Selfie streamy PooTube mode"
Then everyone goes "Wow, how cool is that" and forgets they have taken useful stuff away.

And so the cycle repeats.......
2016-12-7
Use props
fans324e8388
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Brint back Art!! I see no reason to remove it even though they optimised some of the other profiles. At least annonce that they are removing it. For some reason I only see 4 of the profiles Cinelike, D-log, None og True Color. The rest is there but the names are hidden, I can choose them and se how crappy and unusable they are but I can't se the names, its just blank space I can select. Anyway, from what I can choose I think im going for Cinelike (-1,-3,-3) for now.
Whatta, just posted and.. my username has changes to some gibberish..

2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules