Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Camera modes - Which is best ?
2598 20 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I know the new firmware is very new, but i'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to tryout the new modes to see which one is the best ?
Previously it seems that the Art setting was considered the best, but as that no longer exists .. whats replaced it ?

Discussions welcome !

EDIT: added youtube clip that shows the different colour modes since the new firmware - not my video

2016-12-7
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

I have been waiting to see what the more professional-than-me aerial videographers have to say about the new modes as well...
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The settings will depend on what your shooting and will change with the environment.
There's many YouTube videos on settings but it's really what you like. Experiment with different settings and see what you like.
2016-12-7
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

What's this? ART is no longer an option? I seriously hope that this is not the case, haven't flown for a while or done the upgrade but ART has become my goto!
2016-12-7
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 15:52
The settings will depend on what your shooting and will change with the environment.
There's many YouTube videos on settings but it's really what you like. Experiment with different settings and see what you like.

Ken, can you speak to why they removed the ART profile? That was the setting that everyone used so that they could color grade easily in post.
2016-12-7
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps they just made a mistake and Art will automagically return in future updates.
Cinelike or true colour are quite neutral and natural looking in fact they are hard to tell apart at first., I'd set sharpening on -1 or -2 and perhaps contrast and saturation both -1 too if you want it flatter.
I already decided cinelike was easiest to edit and worked pretty well.
D-Log still needs huge adjustments - it's beyond most software to cope with it.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-7 15:26
Ken, can you speak to why they removed the ART profile? That was the setting that everyone used so that they could color grade easily in post.

No, I'm sorry I do not know why.
2016-12-7
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 21:44
No, I'm sorry I do not know why.

Can you find out for us ?
Thank You
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CptLuke Posted at 2016-12-8 14:21
Can you find out for us ?
Thank You

Yes, I sent a message.
2016-12-8
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Looking forward to your reply DJI Ken as to why its removed.   Definitely welcome others views on their best setting experiences
2016-12-9
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gibbd Posted at 2016-12-9 10:43
Looking forward to your reply DJI Ken as to why its removed.   Definitely welcome others views on their best setting experiences

+1 on this DJI Ken.
2016-12-9
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Are we sure "Art" wasn't renamed?  

It might make sense if there was some consistency in the profile nomenclature across platforms.  so the footage I shoot on a Phantom, can look as close as possible to the footage i shoot on a Mavic or Osmo.

2016-12-9
Use props
VisualAltitude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-12-9 14:22
Are we sure "Art" wasn't renamed?  

It might make sense if there was some consistency in the profile nomenclature across platforms.  so the footage I shoot on a Phantom, can look as close as possible to the footage i shoot on a Mavic or Osmo.

I was also thinking about this.
But I just got mine this week and didn't shot any videos before i updated, so i have nothing to compare against.

Can't DJI confirm if any of the new settings is equal to any of the old?

If not, perhaps someone can compare the old to the new settings and post results here?
2016-12-9
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Want ART color profile back too Or if it is was just renamed than please tell on what
2016-12-9
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andrejs Posted at 2016-12-9 20:08
Want ART color profile back too  Or if it is was just renamed than please tell on what

It is definitely missing.
The new style labels in the settings actually show the old name on screen - but some are mixed up for example it shows D-Log when you are in True Colour.
I think whoever made this change was mainly wanting to see if they could provoke a reaction and are now sniggering about it.
If not they were incredibly incompetent and hard to believe so many silly mistakes cold be made in this important section of the app.
Who knows what else is wrong and yet to be discovered.
2016-12-9
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

4wd Posted at 2016-12-9 16:57
It is definitely missing.
The new style labels in the settings actually show the old name on screen - but some are mixed up for example it shows D-Log when you are in True Colour.
I think whoever made this change was mainly wanting to see if they could provoke a reaction and are now sniggering about it.

I noticed the name in the status did not match the selected one as well.  Bug.
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cwood Posted at 2016-12-9 18:07
I noticed the name in the status did not match the selected one as well.  Bug.

I have both the new and old GO apps on my Android phone, the new one doesn't have Art but the old one still does, Litchi has it as well. There aren't any of the new profiles that match the Art profile. The best I could get in my little messing around was to have no color profile and set the other video settings to 0,-1,-3

Here are screen shots of the Art on the old app vs. the above settings on the new app.
Screenshot_20161209-161219.png
Screenshot_20161209-161107.png
2016-12-9
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-9 23:13
I have both the new and old GO apps on my Android phone, the new one doesn't have Art but the old one still does, Litchi has it as well. There aren't any of the new profiles that match the Art profile. The best I could get in my little messing around was to have no color profile and set the other video settings to 0,-1,-3

Here are screen shots of the Art on the old app vs. the above settings on the new app.

Nice, looks flatter if anything ... yellow is slightly flatter anyway, but good work!
2016-12-9
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-10 07:13

I have the same water boiler
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-9 18:18
Nice, looks flatter if anything ... yellow is slightly flatter anyway, but good work!

The bottom image is the Art profile.
2016-12-9
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ive added a youtube clip to the first post which cycles through the new colour modes. it isnt my video but its the first one ive seen that shows the new modes off .... im sticking with cinelike for now
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules