2042 24 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farmer10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4098 ft
United States

Hello,

This is my first time on the forums, I have used them often in the past for support and have been great. I sent my Inspire 1 in for repairs after crashing it and have it back now. My controller will not connect to anything all of the sudden. It worked perfectly fine up until the crash and now won't connect to anything. I can't remember what firmware was on it last, but it would have been the beginning of 2016. When I connect the controller to the DJI App it doesn't recognize it, nor will it connect to my Inspire which is emitting the blue light. I can't take it out of travel mode at all. I've tried multiple types of cords and multiple types of Ipads and Iphones to connect. The light always stays red. I tried installing firmware manually again without the app and it does nothing at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having difficulties, have you tried rebinding the aircraft to the RC?Have you also tried a different USB cable?
2016-12-7
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

Can that be done without connecting it to the DJI App?
2016-12-7
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

Ok I manually binded it with the aircraft and it worked. Light is now green on controller, but still won't come out of travel mode and RC won't connect to DJI APP
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2016-12-8 06:10
Ok I manually binded it with the aircraft and it worked. Light is now green on controller, but still won't come out of travel mode and RC won't connect to DJI APP

Try connecting just the RC to the Go app (aircraft off). See if you can see what the current firmware is and whether it needs to be updated. If an update is needed, please upgrade and manually rebind the aircraft again.
2016-12-7
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

That has been tried as well. It doesn't even register that the controller is connected, I have tried multiple usb cables. I have the latest version of the App as well.
2016-12-7
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

When trying to do the rollback option through the "grad" button on DJI Go this is what pops up when connected to controller...
Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown
Device Disconnected

Select Firmware Version:
I have none to choose from
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2016-12-7 18:39
When trying to do the rollback option through the "grad" button on DJI Go this is what pops up when connected to controller...
Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown

When you have the Go App device connected to the RC transmitter go to the" Remote control  Settings page. Make sure the RC is on but the Aircraft is off.  If you CANNOT  see the OFF  MASTER  SLAVE  option  on this page the RC  HDMI port on the back of the RC is broken OR the cable going to the device is broken .  This is a good way to diagnose what the problem is.
It sounds like this may be the problem with the "Device disconnected " popping up.

donnie

2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes you might need to do a all reset procedure on the remote.  ??? But  the first thing to do after relinking the Inspire is to check the FW that is on the AC and remote. They need to be on the correct level with eachother or the camera will not work correctly.
2016-12-8
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

How do I do a complete reset on the remote if it won't connect to anything as it stands right now?
2016-12-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2016-12-10 17:58
How do I do a complete reset on the remote if it won't connect to anything as it stands right now?

Can you answer post 8 for me first ?

You dont want to reset your RC , it could just make things worse.  At this point in time anyway .
Also list the current FW that is installed if you can on the 'About " page of the go app.  Like AC version 1.8  RC version 1.6  etc. Make sure the entire system is on or you will not get all the data.

donnie
2016-12-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2016-12-10 15:58

To reset the controller:
Disconnect the Device running DJI Go.

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off while holding the buttons.
* Turn on the RC and it will be reset.

After that, try relinking the RC with the Aircraft without your DJI Go Device:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

I hope this helps you get going again, sorry for the delayed response to your questions

Rich
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please try Donnie and Rich's advice and let us know if the issue persists.
2016-12-12
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

I haven't had time to work with my drone since the last part of this conversation. I now have two controllers. One is brand new, the other is the old one. I should preclude this with the fact that I had my drone sent into DJI for service and it has not worked since. I cannot get EITHER controller to take the inspire out of travel mode even with a blue light on the aircraft and a green connected light on the controller. Neither controller will connect to my DJI Go app either, I have used multiple cables. I manually took the aircraft out of travel mode with the set screw, connected the camera and the camera won't connect to the inspire either. I have reset both controllers and reconnected to aircraft with no luck, I have put new firmware in the camera and obviously since it won't connect to aircraft that did not work either. I am not quite frustrated. When I connect EITHER controller to the DJI go app and press down on the upper right hand button to show current firmware etc it shows that it is disconnected......I'm guessing I have multiple versions of firmwares and maybe both controllers are set to too old of a firmware to be able to connect to the DJI app at all and therefore that is why even though they are connected it won't take it out of travel mode?
2017-9-13
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2017-9-13 04:50
I haven't had time to work with my drone since the last part of this conversation. I now have two controllers. One is brand new, the other is the old one. I should preclude this with the fact that I had my drone sent into DJI for service and it has not worked since. I cannot get EITHER controller to take the inspire out of travel mode even with a blue light on the aircraft and a green connected light on the controller. Neither controller will connect to my DJI Go app either, I have used multiple cables. I manually took the aircraft out of travel mode with the set screw, connected the camera and the camera won't connect to the inspire either. I have reset both controllers and reconnected to aircraft with no luck, I have put new firmware in the camera and obviously since it won't connect to aircraft that did not work either. I am not quite frustrated. When I connect EITHER controller to the DJI go app and press down on the upper right hand button to show current firmware etc it shows that it is disconnected......I'm guessing I have multiple versions of firmwares and maybe both controllers are set to too old of a firmware to be able to connect to the DJI app at all and therefore that is why even though they are connected it won't take it out of travel mode?

I dont understand how you sent your system to DJI and It came back NOT working ???? Did you send the Entire unit in ??? dont get that  part .  

*****Before  you do anything, take the transmitter with the Green light, this indicates that your AC and RC are communicating , then  cycle the landing gear switch 4 times quickly , this should take the AC out of travel  mode , make sure camera is off. ( Aircraft is on of course )  Go app does not have to be on or even connected to the Rc for now.

Now once you do this , let me know if you can get this to work .

I think what we have here is the AC and the RC are linked, as indicated by the Green light on the RC.   But you are in Travel mode  and cant get out of this via the Go app  BECAUSE EITHER THERE IS A BAD CABLE OR THE MODULE ON BACK OF THE RC IS TOAST.

anyway , get it out of travel mode and we will go from there .  Make sure you cycle 4 times quickly with the landing gear switch .

*** dont get the New RC involved just yet

donnie

2017-9-13
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

Aircraft only was sent in for repair because it went haywire and went into a tree without my doing. Satellites were good....anyway....I have already linked up BOTH controllers manually to the aircraft, cycled the 4 times several times to get it out of travel mode and it has never come out of travel mode. This is with BOTH controllers, the brand new one and my original. It will not come out of travel.
2017-9-13
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Farmer10 Posted at 2017-9-13 05:49
Aircraft only was sent in for repair because it went haywire and went into a tree without my doing. Satellites were good....anyway....I have already linked up BOTH controllers manually to the aircraft, cycled the 4 times several times to get it out of travel mode and it has never come out of travel mode. This is with BOTH controllers, the brand new one and my original. It will not come out of travel.

You mean you can link one at a time to the AC, as you cannot do both  at the same time .

On the new RC what version of FW did you load that you were able to  link the AC ?  

Where did this NEW RC trtansmitter come from ?  meaning is it brand new or used ?  When you connnect this one to the go app does it tell you what  version of FW is on it  and the RC firmware version at the About tab ?  and does it give you the Master ? Slave  option undere the RC  settings tab ?

Just want to make sure the HDMI /USB module is working on it .

donnie

2017-9-13
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

The new RC came from DJI. Brand new. When I connect the new one to the GO App it says that the controller is disconnected. This, like I said, is what is happening on BOTH controllers with multiple devices connected with multiple cables. I do not know the firmware version on ANY of my equipment now. I find it hard to believe that both controllers have a "fried" connection at the USB port.

I feel that there is some disconnect to do with firmware somehow that is doing TWO things. 1. Neither controller will connect to the DJI GO app. 2. Both controllers "connect" to the aircraft (blue light on aircraft and green light on contoller) but do not take the aircraft out of travel mode.
2017-9-13
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

I should state that when I first received the new controller I immediately MANUALLY connected it to the aircraft, so once again my firmware theory, to me, is what the problem might be?
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Farmer10 Posted at 2017-9-13 17:46
I should state that when I first received the new controller I immediately MANUALLY connected it to the aircraft, so once again my firmware theory, to me, is what the problem might be?

If the RC links to aircraft successfully, the drone is able to exit travel mode.
Usually repair center will not update the firmware of the aircraft if customer didn't request.
There are 2 problems with your RC and aircraft.
1. Disconnected. With this error, you cannot check the current firmware version of all parts.
2. The firmware between RC and aircraft may not match. I guess the firmware of aircraft is too old.
The second issue will be easy to get addressed if the first issue gets sorted out firstly. May I know what mobile devices have you tried? Have you tried iOS device?

2017-9-14
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

I have tried an iphone 6S, iphone 7, and two separate ipad airs to try to connect to the RC, none have.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Farmer10 Posted at 2017-9-14 04:33
I have tried an iphone 6S, iphone 7, and two separate ipad airs to try to connect to the RC, none have.

Have you tried the suggest by Rich in 12# to reset RC? If the problem persists after that, we suggest to send in the RC to check if the USB port gets damaged.
2017-9-15
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

Yes. I have reset RC controllers multiple times. One controller is BRAND NEW and the second DID NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE UNTIL I GOT THE DRONE BACK FROM REPAIR. It seems impossible to me that both controllers USB ports would stop working at the same time and also at the same time would not take the aircraft out of transport mode.
2017-9-15
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

My thoughts are that my controllers are too outdated to receieve updates via the DJI Go app and my aircraft is maybe too updated of firmware so it connects but doesn't fully connect to take it out of travel mode?
2017-9-17
Use props
Farmer10
lvl.1
United States

After digging through endless forum posts I have come to the conclusion that the firmware on my RC controllers is too old to be recognized by my DJI GO app, and the aircraft firmware is even older than the firmware on the controllers. How do I figure out what firmware each unit has if I can't hook any of them up to anything? Do firmware upgrades have to be done in series? Thanks
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules