[App Bug?] Flight Recordings Play Back at Wrong Speed?
1009 15 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

It seems like the playback speed of my flights in the Go App is about 50% slower than it should be. I realized this while trying to include a screen cap of my flight log into a video I'm putting together. I was having a hell of a time trying to synchronize the screen cap with the rest of the video clips. Then I realized that the screen cap of my 7 minute flight log was actually 11 minutes long. I decided to test it by using a stopwatch to time the playback of the flight log on my phone. Sure enough, it takes 11 minutes to play back the 7 minute flight, even though the playback speed is set to x1. Tested in both Go App 3 and 4 on my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Does anybody else have the same issue?
2016-12-8
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

I had that happen today. I reinstalled dji go 4 and it seems to be back to normal now.
2016-12-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

Just tried re-installing, and also tried on another Android device and an iPad. They all play back the flight records slower than real time.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-9 08:34
Just tried re-installing, and also tried on another Android device and an iPad. They all play back the flight records slower than real time.

If you only installed one APP on your device instead of both APPs, still the same case?
Would you please try another IOS device rather than android?
Please let us know your APP account (e-mail address), we can try to sync it on our end then check the performance.
2016-12-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:44
If you only installed one APP on your device instead of both APPs, still the same case?
Would you please try another IOS device rather than android?
Please let us know your APP account (e-mail address), we can try to sync it on our end then check the performance.

Hi Natalia. When I first noticed the issue, Go 3 was the only app installed on my S7. I decided to download Go 4 to see if would fix the issue, but it didn't. But for the sake of testing, I've now uninstalled Go 3 and tried again with only Go 4 installed. It's still the same.

I did also try with Go 3 on a spare iPad. Still the same issue. It's an old iPad, though, and I don't have any newer iOS devices to test with.

I'll PM you my account address. Thanks.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-10 09:19
Hi Natalia. When I first noticed the issue, Go 3 was the only app installed on my S7. I decided to download Go 4 to see if would fix the issue, but it didn't. But for the sake of testing, I've now uninstalled Go 3 and tried again with only Go 4 installed. It's still the same.

I did also try with Go 3 on a spare iPad. Still the same issue. It's an old iPad, though, and I don't have any newer iOS devices to test with.

Thanks for your details, I tried to sync your flight records on our end but did not find the problem you mentioned, the speed is normal.
Would you please record a video showing that? thanks.

2016-12-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 12:17
Thanks for your details, I tried to sync your flight records on our end but did not find the problem you mentioned, the speed is normal.
Would you please record a video showing that? thanks.

Here's an example of what I mean. The video shows a stopwatch running while flight record is being played back. You'll see that by the end of the video, the flight record shows 3:02 of flight time, but it actually took 4:34 to play back.

2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-11 22:08
Here's an example of what I mean. The video shows a stopwatch running while flight record is being played back. You'll see that by the end of the video, the flight record shows 3:02 of flight time, but it actually took 4:34 to play back.
https://youtu.be/gNaj4whZetg

Thanks, I've feedback it to our engineers and will let you know once i get any news.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 00:47
Thanks, I've feedback it to our engineers and will let you know once i get any news.

Hi Natalia. Any feedback from the engineers? I just tested again with Go v4.0.1 on a Android and it's still the same.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-29 06:06
Hi Natalia. Any feedback from the engineers? I just tested again with Go v4.0.1 on a Android and it's still the same.

I'm still waiting for the feedback and will get back to you soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-29 06:06

Hi Jason, thanks for your patience, we're aware of this case and our engineers will perform an optimization with the following APP version.
2017-1-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-8 02:31
Hi Jason, thanks for your patience, we're aware of this case and our engineers will perform an optimization with the following APP version.

Thanks Natalia. Good to hear :-)
2017-1-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-8 02:31

Hi Natalia. I'm now using the new version of GO 4 that was released a few days ago (4.0.2) and I just tested the playback speed, but it's still wrong.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-16 03:44
Hi Natalia. I'm now using the new version of GO 4 that was released a few days ago (4.0.2) and I just tested the playback speed, but it's still wrong.

Have you deleted it and installed again?
How about the performance on other devices?
2017-2-19
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 00:23
Have you deleted it and installed again?
How about the performance on other devices?

OK, I tested it after deleting the Android app and re-installing (also cleared app cache and data first). I'm still getting the same result.

I also had a chance to test it out on a brand new iPad Mini 4. It wasn't quite perfect, but the playback speed was much better on the iPad. It was only a few seconds off after 4 minutes of playback.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-1 04:19
OK, I tested it after deleting the Android app and re-installing (also cleared app cache and data first). I'm still getting the same result.

I also had a chance to test it out on a brand new iPad Mini 4. It wasn't quite perfect, but the playback speed was much better on the iPad. It was only a few seconds off after 4 minutes of playback.

Glad to hear the progress.
Please check the further performance and keep us posted, do not worry about it since it'll not affect the aircraft's function.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules