Phantom 3 4k - Where to find new firmware downlaod URL
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_TCL
New

Belgium

Hi everyone,
Sorry for this newbie question, but I'm lost as I've been told to upgrade the firmware of my new Phantom 3 4K, but I can't find it on DJI website...  I can find the firmware for Advanced and Pro but nothing for the 4K...  Can someone help me and send the URL to download this firmware ?
dji - download page P3 4K.JPG
Thanks in advance for your help (I didn't try my drone yet as I've been told that the firmware update is a prerequisite...   :-(   )

Regards

Thierry
2016-12-8
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_TCL,

From the Release Notes link, it looks like the current firmware version is v1.5.40:

4K_Update.png

From the User_Manual download link, look at page 57 and it indicates that you use the DJI GO App to update both the RC and the aircraft. It's not completely clear in the User_manual, but the GO App copies the firmware down to the SD card on the aircraft and initiates the upgrade.

4K_Update0.png

A better upgrade description is in the link to the "How to Upgrade the Firmware v1.4" link (The Phantom 3 4K is on the first page):

4K_Update1.png

2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

There is no need to download the firmware file for Phantom 3 4k, it can be upgraded through DJI GO APP directly.
Thanks for Daroga's instruction, and hope this tutorial helps as well:
2016-12-8
Use props
Phantom_TCL
New

Belgium

Thank-you Daroga and Natalia for your help !  Will try this week-end and hope to fly soon !
2016-12-9
Use props
collective itch
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 07:41
There is no need to download the firmware file for Phantom 3 4k, it can be upgraded through DJI GO APP directly.
Thanks for Daroga's instruction, and hope this tutorial helps as well:
https://youtu.be/F9znIGvIrEI

does this work for the phantom 3 advanced?
2016-12-9
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

collective itch Posted at 2016-12-9 13:26

Sorry no. Both the Phantom 3 Pro and Advance use the older SD card methodology for the aircraft and use the DJI GO App for the Remote Controller.

The same firmware installation instruction referenced earlier -> Click here to view the Frimware upgrade Guide... provide the procedures.

This guide covers both the Inspire 1 series and the Phantom 3 series, so look beginning on page 2 for instruction for the P3 Adv....
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

collective itch Posted at 2016-12-10 02:26

Just as Daroga mentioned, that tutorial is only suitable for P3S and P3 4K.
There is another upgrading method for P3A and P3P, you need download the file form DJI website and upgrade aircraft through SD card.
Hope this tutorial helps:

2016-12-9
Use props
djiuser_IZMB3Sa2bj0O
New

Nigeria

Hello everyone
Could someone please send me the link to download PHANTOM 3 STANDARD FIRMWARE
I can't find it on DJI website

Thanks in advance
2020-4-8
Use props