Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4.0 Constantly Crashes
5086 26 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ah42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68353 ft
United States

The new GO 4.0 app is constantly crashing on my phone. Sometimes it will work fine, then at other times it just crashes every time I open it. Yesterday, it crashed during a flight when my Phantom 4 Pro was really far away. Every time I tried to re-open it, it crashed again. I had to fly back blind without any info. It was very nervewracking. This buggy app could have cost me my drone. The only way to get the app to work again is to go into the settings clear the data on the app, which resets everything in the app. Is anybody else seeing these crashes? I'm using a Motorola Moto Z Droid running Android Nougat 7.0. (Also there's no option to tag Phantom 4 Pro in the menu, so I tagged it Phantom 4)
2016-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it crashes a lot why were you flying so far, sounds like you had a lucky escape. You could have used the RTH button to save your nerves a bit.

You could check your device and shut down anything running in the background to free up memory and processing power.

This is DJIs list of supported devices:-

iOS Version v4.0.0.Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android Version v4.0.0. Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-12-8
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Android 7.x is a bit buggy i can confirm. No problems with 6.x.x
2016-12-8
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
United States

Yep, it looks like from other threads that the app is not fully compatible with 7.x yet. Guess I'll use my Droid Turbo running 6.0.1 in the meantime. Hopefully, they update compatibility with 7.x as more and more phones are going to be getting it. Not to mention all of the Pixel users.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try another mobile device which is in DJI recommended list and check again whether it will crash or not.
If still the same case, please export the crash log and our engineers will help you analyze the data.
2016-12-8
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 02:33
Please try another mobile device which is in DJI recommended list and check again whether it will crash or not.
If still the same case, please export the crash log and our engineers will help you analyze the data.

I tested on my older phone running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and there were no crashes, it worked as expected. I will try and get a crash log to send to you guys so you can look into the Android 7.0 incompatibility.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ah42 Posted at 2016-12-9 23:27
I tested on my older phone running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and there were no crashes, it worked as expected. I will try and get a crash log to send to you guys so you can look into the Android 7.0 incompatibility.

Thank you for your update, please let me know if you get the crash log uploaded, thanks again.
2016-12-9
Use props
phil.maly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236654 ft
Switzerland

I received(finally) my Mavic on Wednesday and can confirm that the app is frequently crashing on my Nexus 6P running the latest Android 7.1.1 version despite the phone being listed as compatible.
I had the same experience as mentioned above, application crashed while flying and had to return manually home. I don't know why but the RTH button on the control didn't work. To be tested further
2017-1-20
Use props
TicKet
lvl.1
United States

My new Moto Z running android 7.0 is also constantly crashing the app.  Looks like we'll need to wait for a new update to the app?
2017-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TicKet Posted at 2017-2-20 17:15
My new Moto Z running android 7.0 is also constantly crashing the app.  Looks like we'll need to wait for a new update to the app?

Or try another product, such as Litchi. This is why I have both - set up craft options (inc calibration) with GO, but fly with Litchi.
2017-2-20
Use props
TicKet
lvl.1
United States

Im not nearly brave enough for that.
2017-2-20
Use props
GemMoth
New
Flight distance : 19970 ft
Canada

I have frequent crashes too, on Motorola X Play (Android 6.01). DJI, please help!
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is worth noting that none of the Motorola phones are in the list of recommended devices.
2017-2-25
Use props
fans030c3b6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73360 ft
United States

I have a Samsung S7 edge. Tmobile just rolled out the android 7 update. I have constant crashes.

Partly my fault. Its not a supported device. Then again, its been the most popular Android phone in the world (http://tech.firstpost.com/news-a ... -report-328100.html) so maybe DJI engineers should get to work. {:4_157:}
2017-2-25
Use props
Silvestrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464531 ft
Italy

I never saw the DJI Go App (3.1) crashing in my phone Xperia Z2.
Last weekend I switched to the new DJI Go App 4 and I already experimented a crash of the app. Luckily it wasn't a scary situation :I had the P4 in VLOS and I could restart the app very quickly.
Now a question raises quickly to my mind : I read somewhere that restarting the DJI Go App during a flight would imply the Home Point updated to the current position of the Phantom (which could be a mile away). Is that true ? Any evidence of such statement ?
2017-2-27
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

I had the same problem with DJI GO.  I fixed the problem by switching to Litchi and have never looked back.  I still have GO available for other stuff but I fly Litchi only.  Give it a try.  Best $23.00 you will spend on a $1,000 drone.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-4
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-20 17:34
Or try another product, such as Litchi. This is why I have both - set up craft options (inc calibration) with GO, but fly with Litchi.

That's what I do as well.  Never known LItchi to crash with my Nvidia Shield K1.
2017-3-5
Use props
olefolks
lvl.2
United States

boykintom Posted at 2017-3-5 04:21
That's what I do as well.  Never known LItchi to crash with my Nvidia Shield K1.

Do you close the Go app down when using Litchi?
2017-3-5
Use props
fans7eaa8039
New
Flight distance : 3087 ft
Canada

Was having issues of similar nature while using Galaxy Tab S 10".  Took wife's IPhone 6 S Plus and installed App Go 4.0 and all noise and screen flickering vanished.  Purchased Ipad Mini 4 last week and no issues.
2017-3-5
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

olefolks Posted at 2017-3-5 07:20
Do you close the Go app down when using Litchi?

Yes, I force stop the Go app before opening Litchi.
2017-3-5
Use props
olefolks
lvl.2
United States

boykintom Posted at 2017-3-5 09:17
Yes, I force stop the Go app before opening Litchi.

Ok, thanks a lot!
2017-3-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Crashes here too with a 10" Samsung tablet.  Screen turns black with a blue border.  I have to reboot the device by holding the tablet's power button down for several seconds to get it to work since it is all black.  Something buggy with GO 4.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-8 09:34
If it crashes a lot why were you flying so far, sounds like you had a lucky escape. You could have used the RTH button to save your nerves a bit.

You could check your device and shut down anything running in the background to free up memory and processing power.

Aardvark I am having the same problem this guy is having. My App just shuts down and All I can do is use the RTH button. Everything was working fine until I was forced to Download the new firmware update 4.0
2017-3-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

There is another GO 4 update to 4.0.5 for Android today.  Haven't tried it.
2017-3-14
Use props
Nick.now
New

United Kingdom

Let's hope this helps to fix it. I run Moto z and have crashes of DJI 4.0 regularly. {:4_117:}
2017-3-14
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572795 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Proven 4.0.5 did not solve anything, dji go 4 keeps crashing
2017-3-20
Use props
vinzens81
New
Germany

I do have an Xperia Z Compact with actual DJI Go4 App and Android 7. App keeps crashing with me, too. During flight time of 2 Batteries (~40 min) it crashes 5 times today.... the pause button on the remote is my live saver!
The crashes do not make me feel comfortable using the App :-/
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules