Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple online order 5/12, received 7/12!
1030 7 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PAYBACK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Yeah you read right! The more I read these kinds of stories the more infuriated I get. 48 hours from order to delivery and here I will have been waiting 2 months this coming Monday. No doubt others have been waiting longer.

I'm a firm believer in bad karma and knowing how superstitious the Chinese are I'm sure they know that after this monumental balls up they know they have booked themselves their fair share.

Will sound off again when that comes to pass!
2016-12-8
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Order from Apple then.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's also people who walked in to an Apple store and walked out with a Mavic.
Apple is free to sell their inventory however they want to, that has nothing to do with DJI.
2016-12-8
Use props
PAYBACK
Second Officer
South Africa

Brown nosers in abundance
2016-12-8
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

PAYBACK Posted at 2016-12-9 01:47
Brown nosers in abundance

I had an order with B&H but cancelled after I did some searching and walked out of an Apple store with a Mavic. Don't feel obligated to keep your pre-order but I wouldn't cancel it before you have a unit in hand.

As others (myself included) have said, this is the difference between a local, honest company and a foreign large company. If there was more competition in the drone market I'm sure DJI wouldn't be lead customers around like this and still sell mass amount of units.
2016-12-8
Use props
PAYBACK
Second Officer
South Africa

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-12-8 18:51
I had an order with B&H but cancelled after I did some searching and walked out of an Apple store with a Mavic. Don't feel obligated to keep your pre-order but I wouldn't cancel it before you have a unit in hand.

As others (myself included) have said, this is the difference between a local, honest company and a foreign large company. If there was more competition in the drone market I'm sure DJI wouldn't be lead customers around like this and still sell mass amount of units.

Thanks for input jvanderhoff. There seems to be a level of naivety on this board with regards to some people thinking that everyone somehow lives in the good ol' US of A!

@ Chaser720, unfortunately some people do not have the option of buying via DJI's store and are forced to use other channels in order to buy DJI products and get caught up in the cross fire!

DJI Ken sorry but you are completely missing the point! It has nothing to do with Apple being able to do what they want with their stock but EVERYTHING to do with the way DJI has handled their re-sellers and in turn their CUSTOMERS! and no "We owe you all an apology.." email will fix that!
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

you can be frustrated but the bottom line is dji receives orders from retailers as well as individuals and likely fills those orders in a somewhat chronological order. I would bet that Apple as well as just about every other major retailer pre orders then in lots. Most are likely sold online or pre-ordered before they actually arrive but in some cases, they still have a few remaining when their bulk order arrives so they get put on the shelves. And the lucky individual that walks in the door and sees one can walk out with one.

So yes, it is very frustrating to to those who have been waiting for weeks/months but I bet Apple and other retails have had their pre orders in just as long.
2016-12-8
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

PAYBACK Posted at 2016-12-9 13:37
Thanks for input jvanderhoff. There seems to be a level of naivety on this board with regards to some people thinking that everyone somehow lives in the good ol' US of A!

@ Chaser720, unfortunately some people do not have the option of buying via DJI's store and are forced to use other channels in order to buy DJI products and get caught up in the cross fire!

Sorry to hear that. I know the whole process can be frustrating. Where abouts are you located that there are no B&M stores to visit?
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules