GPS INTERFERENCE TESTING - no joke...
978 4 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4672ef2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4787 ft
United States

A friend of mine gave me this link. This is the second one I got from him since getting my Mavic back in October.

Did you guys know there are other forces at work in this situation??  LOL

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2016/Dec/NTTR_16-12_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

2016-12-8
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yup - nothing new.

Military in all countries regularly test GPS Navstar and Glonass interruption/jamming technology.
2016-12-8
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-12-8 11:02
Yup - nothing new.

Military in all countries regularly test GPS Navstar and Glonass interruption/jamming technology.

During the development of the initial 24 GPS sats, there are components and parameters to determine the accuracy and availability of the GPS constellation.  Selective Availability (SA) is one of those components.  There are also different grades of signal, some you will never see.  

USAF Retired
2016-12-8
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

rapcon Posted at 2016-12-8 19:36
During the development of the initial 24 GPS sats, there are components and parameters to determine the accuracy and availability of the GPS constellation.  Selective Availability (SA) is one of those components.  There are also different grades of signal, some you will never see.  

USAF Retired

errr...NO

SA was turned off in May of 2000 and never (and never will be) turned back on again!

Using domestically available DGPS systems accuracy of less than 1 meter is routinely available
2016-12-9
Use props
ColoradoBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

The Government did this type of test in the Spring and it really affected my A2 flight controller... I live in Grand Junction, Colorado and the effects of their testing sent every device I have with a GPS over the edge...My Cell phone went crazy along with my A2 FC. Whatever they are testing is really powerful...

Thanks for posting that NOTAM!

Bob
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules