Phantom 4 Pro SD Card
4290 7 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hepler
New
United States

Hello, Phantom 4 Pro is up and running well. I am a bit dissapointed in the noise of the camera. iso 100, f6.3 640 shutter speed, raw, Art, standard settings, It is sharp and a good size file but there is a lot of noise. It can be taken out in lightroom but it is not good. But my biggest problem is that it wont format a lexar 1000x XC card. I can reformat it with the computer but the phantom will not initialize it. Reformated it both to dos and mac. But the copter tries to initialize it to no avail. It worked perfectly in the Phantom 4.
Does anybody have any recomemdations on a larger capacity card that will work with the 4 pro?
Thanks

2016-12-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This has been reported before with the Lexar card, so it is now becoming a pattern. Try a Sandisk Extreme Pro card, they are always good.
2016-12-8
Use props
MNL5099
lvl.1
Flight distance : 820174 ft
United States

Interesting.... I've been using the Lexar 64GB 633x with my P3P for over a year with no problems.

I'm planning on getting the P4P and two Lexar 64Gb 1000x's to go with it, so this news is troubling to me...

Just to be sure, are you using this card? https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Pro ... ds=u3+micro+sd+card

For clarification, You're not able to format the SD card from the aircraft through the DJI app or format it to FAT-32 on your computer?

Just for kicks, try forming a different SD card with the P4P and see what happens.

Let us know what you find out,
~Mitchell
2016-12-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MNL5099 Posted at 2016-12-10 08:19
Interesting.... I've been using the Lexar 64GB 633x with my P3P for over a year with no problems.

I'm planning on getting the P4P and two Lexar 64Gb 1000x's to go with it, so this news is troubling to me...

'For clarification, You're not able to format the SD card from the aircraft through the DJI app or format it to FAT-32 on your computer? '

It would appear that the aircraft does a test on the card when it is inserted, and at this point it can reject the card, so you never get the chance to format it.

I fully agree with your view that the card needs to have a minimum sustained write speed, but the card manufacturers shoot themselves in the foot with outrageous claims about speed. Even the better manufacturers do this and you can't blame the public for becoming confused about what cards are suitable.

I learned some time ago when using cinema cameras that the best answer was to buy the fastest Sandisk cards you could get, and I have never been let down using that rule.

Also, it now appears that the P4P will format the larger cards using ExFAT, whereas previously it only used FAT32 for the P3 series.

2016-12-9
Use props
hepler
New
United States

yes I'm using the Luxor U3 class 10 1000 X card it works fine in the computer I can format it both in mos  fat and Mack OS extended but when I put it in the P4P it will not work.
2016-12-11
Use props
divding77
New
Flight distance : 211913 ft
China

I have the same problem, bought a Lexar x1000 128GB, Phantom 4 Pro can't use it. Called DJI, they said its a compatibility problem, that I should try a different brand.
2017-1-19
Use props
divding77
New
Flight distance : 211913 ft
China

I called DJI in China, they said it (Lexar x1000 128GB) is 'probably' not compatible with Phantom 4 Pro. They did not specify which brand/model are NOT compatible, and that I should just try-and-see, or just use the original packaged 16GB (what a lot of s***t).
2017-1-19
Use props
jeffb3529
New
United States

Ya, I'm having the same problem, DJI Chat support is useless! I might as well stick a disc up my ying yang and see if that works! Nothing they say helps. I'll just try a Scandisk super-ultra-mega-holy crap micro-disk!
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules