Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Error
1961 9 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

So I ordered four extra batteries. All of them seems to be perfect. Although in one of my flights today, using one of the batteries, I got a battery error on startup which went away in less than 5 seconds. However, even after the App announced that the home point was recorded, I still did not fly the Mavic. Here's why. Although the battery error message went away, I noticed that the battery icon on the app screen shows "N/A". That tells me that the either app or the Mavic itself was not reading the battery info. It showed "N/A" for a good minute then I decided to check the battery information. To my surprise, it was reading good there. Connection even said OK. But then going back to the main app screen still showed N/A beside the battery status icon. Eventually the app caught up with the battery information and the battery icon status updated with the remaining battery percentage. After all that, I went ahead and started to fly the Mavic and no issues so far. Tested all four new batteries and did not get any battery error.

For the others who have experienced this issue, is there anything else you noticed when it occured? The only thing I could think of that might caused it is the room temperature where my Mavic was kept. It was inside my GPC case in a 65°F room temp. You think one of the batteries needed to warm up for a bit?
2016-12-8
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

65°F Is not that cold I wouldn't think that would of been the problem.
2016-12-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-8 18:01
65°F Is not that cold I wouldn't think that would of been the problem.

Probably not yeah. I did not get the error anymore so I'll chalk it up to an app glitch. But that error could have crashed my Mavic if I was in mid fligh. Not sure how the app handles something like that during fligh.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans4d83514d
lvl.1

United States

Had that battery been updated to the new firmware I know each battery has to be upgraded separately after you update the firmware.
2016-12-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
United States

fans4d83514d Posted at 2016-12-9 02:21
Had that battery been updated to the new firmware I know each battery has to be upgraded separately after you update the firmware.

There was no prompt of any battery upgrade. I am on the latest firmware though.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please clean the connectors of the battery and the drone firstly.
Besides, it's fully charged, right? If that happens again, please capture screenshots of the main page and battery information, then help us check the battery SN, we will do an evaluation, thanks.
2016-12-9
Use props
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 05:02
Please clean the connectors of the battery and the drone firstly.
Besides, it's fully charged, right? If that happens again, please capture screenshots of the main page and battery information, then help us check the battery SN, we will do an evaluation, thanks.

All battery was fully charged. Out of the 5 batteries that I have, only one battery experienced this issue - one of the new one I just received. Like I said above, while using that one battery, it did showed battery error but it went away within 5 seconds. If that particular battery terminal weren't clean, the error would not go away since that "dirt" would still be in the battery terminal cavity while the battery is plugged in, right? But I never received the error again. I flew my Mavic on that same battery until it reached 27% and still no battery error message.
2016-12-9
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Got battery error today for a couple of times. Absolutely dont know why?? It was fully charged.
2016-12-10
Use props
crash-drone
New

Canada

LukasBlecha Posted at 2016-12-10 07:21
Got battery error today for a couple of times. Absolutely dont know why?? It was fully charged.

I would be very careful flying this drone. It could be the battery, the battery detection, software issue.... who knows. There a lots of stories of DJI drones falling out of the sky. AKA drone turns off mid flight on it's own.
2017-3-26
Use props
Junior_NO
Flight distance : 578622 ft
Norway

My advice is to be very careful with that battery. I had battery errors with one of my batteries, and my Mavic started to drop and crashed.
You can see my post here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-86582-1-1.html
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules