Motor Obstructed Warning on Initial Connection - New Device
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans848d7e12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

Just activated the drone and connected remote.  I have a warning "Motor Obstructed".  I have not flown, have followed directions and tutorials.  When I unpacked the device, the gimbal stabilizer was not in place and the camera was dangling free, in case that is a concern.  Should I fly or not?  Any reply is appreciated.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help clarify your aircraft model firstly, thanks.
You have tried to restart the aircraft for several times, the warning still persists?
When starting the aircraft, it could finish self-calibration or not?
2016-12-8
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

Please help clarify your aircraft model firstly, thanks.
You have tried to restart the aircraft for several times, the warning still persists?
When starting the aircraft, it could finish self-calibration or not?

Thanks for the reply.  Phantom 3 Pro.  Yes I have reset the connection several times.  I have not gotten to the self-calibration.  I stopped all actions when the warning would not disappear.  Or perhaps I am not experienced enough to know what you are referring to as "self-calibration".  What should I look for to determine?  Reply appreciated.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

After powering on the drone, it will start self-calibration.
Also you could turn off the aircraft, unplug the pin cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while, plug them in tightly.
If the warning message persists, then it would be best to send it in for further evaluation by our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience cased.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

In addition, if no improvement, please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 20:26
In addition, if no improvement, please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:

Thanks for the reply.  I finally got in touch with someone via phone.  I was told that the error message is an indication to have the new drone repaired.  Since it is a new drone and the error happened on initial connection, I was instructed to contact the seller for an exchange.  I am pursuing that route now, though due to the weekend, I have not received a response from the seller yet.  Again, thanks for your help.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-11 04:31
Thanks for the reply.  I finally got in touch with someone via phone.  I was told that the error message is an indication to have the new drone repaired.  Since it is a new drone and the error happened on initial connection, I was instructed to contact the seller for an exchange.  I am pursuing that route now, though due to the weekend, I have not received a response from the seller yet.  Again, thanks for your help.

Good to hear you're getting it addressed. If the dealer is unable to assist for any reason, the North American Support team will help straighten this out for you.
2016-12-10
Use props
Ajkrish
New

India

Hi ,
I am also facing the same issue ,when I start the device I am getting the error MOTOR OBSTRUCTED, kindly help me on this , the drone is flying normally after the message also.
2016-12-12
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

Ajkrish Posted at 2016-12-12 05:58
Hi ,
I am also facing the same issue ,when I start the device I am getting the error MOTOR OBSTRUCTED, kindly help me on this , the drone is flying normally after the message also.

Greetings Ajkrish,  I upgraded the firmware for drone, RC and battery and the error went away.  For what it is worth.  Good luck.
2016-12-12
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-12 20:41
Greetings Ajkrish,  I upgraded the firmware for drone, RC and battery and the error went away.  For what it is worth.  Good luck.

I purchased a Phantom in November of 2016 from Beach Camera through Amazon, had 3 hours of actual flight time and no crashes.  In August of 2017 one motor burned up with nothing to cause it, melting the housing and motor mount.  I sent to DJI and was handed an invoice for $303 which included a Phantom 3 Professional Gimbal Yaw-axis Video Downlink Main Board V10 along with the motor, housing and labor.

I expect a company the size of DJI to stand behind their product.  A mainboard burning up after only 3 hours is unacceptable.  

I attempted to protest via their support system (that experience is for a different post) but was basically told, after two long sessions, NO, WE STAND BEHIND NOTHING!".

Stay away from DJI.  Product is unreliable and support is worse.

Not a knock on Beach Camera but the DJI product line.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules