First 72 Hours with my Mavic Pro
1248 16 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

This isn't a professional video or a beautiful landscape with captivating musical soundtrack.  I decided to do something different and post my fist video as a compilation of my last three days with the Mavic.  It's raw and bumpy and full of practicing and experimenting.  I hope you enjoy.

P.S.  I did manage to find some background music so you wouldn't be too bored...

2016-12-8
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Great video Gary you made me jealous when your wrangler popped into view, boy I'm missing my wrangler I shouldn't have sold it.
2016-12-8
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing Gary!
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-12-9 02:41
Great video Gary you made me jealous when your wrangler popped into view, boy I'm missing my wrangler I shouldn't have sold it.

Yah, its a ton of fun to drive.  The Mavic was bought partly to record it!
...and thanks NavigatorNL!

2016-12-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Nicely done and nicely edited hot-shot!
2016-12-9
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Thank you very much for the video Gary! I'm impressed with how stable the Mavic is indoors and in your garage (nice Jeep BTW). I could never attempt those moves with my Inspire. Well I could but the outcome might not be desirable lol. I can't wait to pick one up as it will be a nice addition to my DSLR equipment and will fit into my bag with all my lenses. Thanks again for the video. Much appreciated!
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2016-12-9 10:46
Thank you very much for the video Gary! I'm impressed with how stable the Mavic is indoors and in your garage (nice Jeep BTW). I could never attempt those moves with my Inspire. Well I could but the outcome might not be desirable lol. I can't wait to pick one up as it will be a nice addition to my DSLR equipment and will fit into my bag with all my lenses. Thanks again for the video. Much appreciated!

I recently sold all my DSLRs and simplified my life.  Years of being a "part-time pro" and lugging around all the equipment just wore me out.  I have my iPhone, a Canon p&s and a Canon SX-60HS for a little reach.  SO much more compact and easy to use.  I'm capturing memories now, not making money or trying to win awards.  The Mavic is a perfect companion and I'm glad it is my entry into the drone world.

Enjoy your Mavic when you get it.  It's small and surprisingly quiet.  You wouldn't enjoy watching TV with it hovering in the living room, but you CAN still listen to the news and talk to the person next to you without yelling.  I was impressed with how quiet my dad's P3A was... the Mavic is even quieter.

Thanks again!
2016-12-9
Use props
Ahyesiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285118 ft
United States

Nice, I hope mine ships soon.
2016-12-9
Use props
Rhoffmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

I'm  jealous. I cancelled mine. Will re purchase I. The spring. Too cold here
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video, thanks for sharing and glad your enjoying your Mavic.
Nice neighborhood too.
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 11:48
Cool video, thanks for sharing and glad your enjoying your Mavic.
Nice neighborhood too.

Thanks Ken!
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Rhoffmann Posted at 2016-12-9 11:31
I'm  jealous. I cancelled mine. Will re purchase I. The spring. Too cold here

If you decide to get one sooner, order through Apple.  It shows a Jan ship date, but they are getting inventory.  I ordered one through Apple as a backup (and decided to have it delivered even after my pre-order showed up) and it took less than 2 weeks to fulfill the order.  I just got notified I have spare batteries on the way as well.

Gary
2016-12-9
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

nice......makes me want mine to arrive even more now!!!
2016-12-9
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Very cool Gary!

What are the lines on the side of your Jeep hood that extend up to cab?
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-12-9 13:39
Very cool Gary!

What are the lines on the side of your Jeep hood that extend up to cab?

Thank you!

Those lines are "Branch Deflectors" or "Limb Risers".  When going down a trail with overhanging limbs, they provide a surface to slide up and onto the roof without hitting the windshield.  Wranglers are notorious for broken windshields.  It also helps protect the lights mounted on the A-pillar.
2016-12-9
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

This goes out to all people who are new to drones and experienced. Never film your house in your videos. From his video alone, I was able to find his home address...
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-9 14:54
This goes out to all people who are new to drones and experienced. Never film your house in your videos. From his video alone, I was able to find his home address...

Yah, it happens and some people care and some don't.  

Good advice though.
Due to the above info, I'm making the video private.  Sorry to those who did not see it, it was nothing spectacular.  

Incredible Aeri makes a VERY valid point.  If you value your privacy, don't post your address!  
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules