New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ --- 04/12/2017
38544 206 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bsett
lvl.2
United States

Due to lousy weather I have had my 3 P4 pro batteries on the charging dock in storage mode and they are now holding at the 50% mark. Do I need to bring all 3 batteries back up to 100% before doing this update? Guess what I'm asking is the firmware updated on the Drone itself or on the batteries as well?
2017-1-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 14:03
Not the reason. They have so many issues with DJI, that they had to start a special division to handle the issues.  I asked them ..they just don't drop carrying their products...their answer..'they're thinking about it"  Too many returns for 'chinese quality control" problems!

Wow, I didn't know that. They should not that along with the description. There is one P4P listed on their site and it has a note in red that it is not returnable. No other Phantom has a note like that.
2017-1-13
Use props
HuibN
New
Netherlands

How to update the 4 Pro remote controller? The controller has no Micro SD card slot
I downloaded and extracted the file GL300E_RC_xxx.bin
2017-1-14
Use props
plexus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79833 ft
France

The SDcard is only on the P4P+ and the firm you have downloaded is for the P+. That is not for P4Pro. The RC is not the same.
2017-1-14
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

bsett Posted at 2017-1-13 14:07
Due to lousy weather I have had my 3 P4 pro batteries on the charging dock in storage mode and they are now holding at the 50% mark. Do I need to bring all 3 batteries back up to 100% before doing this update? Guess what I'm asking is the firmware updated on the Drone itself or on the batteries as well?

The update is for the drone and the batteries. You will need to charge batteries to more than 50% otherwise firmware will fail - 75% charge would be adequate. After the initial update using DJI Assistant 2 it will update the drone and the battery that is in the drone - take about 15 minutes. Then quit DJI Assistant, Turn off drone and swop out battery battery, reconnect to DJI Assistant 2 and this will then just update that battery - take about 3 minutes per battery. Repeat for next battery.
2017-1-14
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Did previous version had live video freezing and glitching with built in LCD? I received new one yesterday and only tested it with the latest FW.
2017-1-14
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
United States

Fixed here too.
2017-1-14
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for duplicate post elsewhere but after update, some stills do not get written to sd card.  It's random.  One of my 5 exposure bracketed pics made the shutter sound but the icon did not 'circle' and the files were not written.
2017-1-14
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-14 08:24
The update is for the drone and the batteries. You will need to charge batteries to more than 50% otherwise firmware will fail - 75% charge would be adequate. After the initial update using DJI Assistant 2 it will update the drone and the battery that is in the drone - take about 15 minutes. Then quit DJI Assistant, Turn off drone and swop out battery battery, reconnect to DJI Assistant 2 and this will then just update that battery - take about 3 minutes per battery. Repeat for next battery.

That's brilliant man.  I needed those instructions.  Not sure how I was supposed to know to update batteries separately.  When using the drone with the updated controller and old battery firmware, it did not notify me.  Thanks.
2017-1-14
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

P4P works with P4P+. My understanding is all the P4 range of batteries will work with the P4 range of Air craft. The higher the capacity the higher the time to fly.
2017-1-15
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please ignore the above message.. My iphone playing up. It was a reply to a question 4 days and somehow its posted now.
2017-1-15
Use props
bsett
lvl.2
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-14 08:24

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just hold off a bit until the weather here makes a change for the better. Then I'll bring the batteries back up to a 100%, do the updates on all batteries and get some flight time in .

Thanks again for replying.
2017-1-15
Use props
ACA87
New

United States

Just got the Phantom 4 Pro+ and was able to create a DJI account and login on the built in screen. When trying to activate the drone I get the Activation Failed (ServerBackFail) contact DJI support if error persists after restarting. Have restarted several times, reset the controller multiple times, tried using a different email and the same message keeps popping up. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?
2017-1-15
Use props
fanscd099a2f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2148865 ft
  • >>>
Canada

my phantom 4 pro never lands near its take off point , 10 to 20 feet away everytime .
2017-1-15
Use props
fans833db9c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update bricked my remote control. after trying the update with the app and failed I used the DJI assistant 2 software. Updated P4P successful. Tried to connect remote to Assistant software and remote does not respond to software. Also remote has purple light on left of leds. Not red/green/blue.
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans833db9c9 Posted at 2017-1-15 13:59
Update bricked my remote control. after trying the update with the app and failed I used the DJI assistant 2 software. Updated P4P successful. Tried to connect remote to Assistant software and remote does not respond to software. Also remote has purple light on left of leds. Not red/green/blue.

I have seen this LED sequence myself, but not while connecting to Assistant 2. Cleared by clearing the RC using the C1-C2-shutter button sequence, then power cycling the RC.
2017-1-15
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-1-12 10:21
Thank you.

With the DJI download page still stuck on Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware v01.01.01.01 where did you find the update?

You need to upgrade using Assistant 2 ver. 1.0.9 if you're upgrading using your PC (which I recommend)  or through DJI Go App.
2017-1-16
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

fanscd099a2f Posted at 2017-1-15 12:57
my phantom 4 pro never lands near its take off point , 10 to 20 feet away everytime .

When you take off, wait 10-15 seconds until you hear the message Home point updated. After that it should be fine.
My P4P+ misses the home point by no more than 20-30 cm.
2017-1-16
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160197 ft
United States

Im still experiencing the lose of settings each time I power up
2017-1-16
Use props
rlarsen462
lvl.1

United States

kingstonphoto Posted at 2017-1-16 09:02
Im still experiencing the lose of settings each time I power up

I may also be having this issue, will need to confirm.
2017-1-16
Use props
fans833db9c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-15 16:38
I have seen this LED sequence myself, but not while connecting to Assistant 2. Cleared by clearing the RC using the C1-C2-shutter button sequence, then power cycling the RC.

Tried you suggestions no help.
2017-1-16
Use props
bsett
lvl.2
United States

Got a break in the weather and was able to get in 2 batteries worth of flight time using the new updated firmware and everything seemed to work well for me on my P4 pro using iPad air 2. One thing I noticed was that I was no longer getting that high wind warning I was getting before. Not sure if that was something fixed with the firmware update or if it was just my lucky day .

I the weather continues to give me a break I'll go out and do some more testing tomorrow.  
2017-1-16
Use props
Murat82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Motor startup feels different this time, now its starts/revs more like Inspire 2 motor startup
2017-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Murat82 Posted at 2017-1-16 11:42
Motor startup feels different this time, now its starts/revs more like Inspire 2 motor startup

Yeah, and with props off (so no wind noise) I notice a single 'clack' made by the motors after a split -second of spin-up. Does it every time. I don't recall hearing that before.
2017-1-16
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

same here punch, I heard mine do it, after flight I brought it inside and removed the props and I heard it again, its internal cause I couldn't see anything else move but the motors
2017-1-16
Use props
rickthephotog
lvl.1
United States

fans69a1db85 Posted at 2016-12-10 06:11
Please excuse what might be a stupid question but what exactly is the HDMI module used for?  I just sold my P3Pro and am awaiting my new P4Pro+

Thank you for the help.

Goggles! Or remote to a monitor.
2017-1-16
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

Did the firmware update and now I have this little "red" gem appearing on my flight pack!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
2017-1-16
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-1-16 22:52
Did the firmware update and now I have this little "red" gem appearing on my flight pack!

Any ideas?

I kinda suspect the battery needs to be updated again...
2017-1-16
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-1-16 23:01
I kinda suspect the battery needs to be updated again...

On further investigation, DJI is getting the battery for repair/replacement.
2017-1-17
Use props
mooncusser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3384501 ft
  • >>>
United States

My aircraft will not acknowledge as connected in the DJI Assistant software or in the DJI Go 4 App.  It does however acknowledge as connected on the attached LCD screen with the update firmware message saying to download at the DJI website.  How do I get the aircraft to download this firmware update given these conditions?
2017-1-17
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-1-17
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Try rename it .mp4

2017-1-17
Use props
dan_joyce
New
Flight distance : 188983 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichardHurst Posted at 2017-1-17 13:34
Since doing the update my Premiere Pro CC does not recognise the H265 .Mov files anymore???

H.264 continues to be the standard. Any reason (besides the additional compression) to not just stick with H.264? I know Premier Pro CC at least supports it.
2017-1-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

vidwiz Posted at 2017-1-14 19:29
That's brilliant man.  I needed those instructions.  Not sure how I was supposed to know to update batteries separately.  When using the drone with the updated controller and old battery firmware, it did not notify me.  Thanks.

'Not sure how I was supposed to know to update batteries separately'

A reasonable statement, as the Release doco typically doesn't mention it. Knowing that it's a possibility though, what I know do now is have the LEDs facing me during each upgrade. Should the battery LEDs go from all on (if fully charged) to the two middle ones flickering (signalling the battery firmware is updating), then I know to power down after completion and do it over again with each other battery.
2017-1-17
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
United States

I "downgraded" the firmware to the last version and the battery passes !
IMG_1006.JPG
2017-1-18
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-1-18 05:23
I "downgraded" the firmware to the last version and the battery passes !

DJI says that this is a known issue and that it is in R&D now for a fix that will come out in a forthcoming Firmware Release. Stay tuned as another Firmware vn is coming.

Thanks,
Randy
2017-1-18
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-10 04:08
I am surprised DJI ask people to send their drones back when they know full well it will be fixed with the firmware Update, I find it very odd they do that.

Around 1990 Companies realized they could save money and use the general public as their product testers. Never forget we are all just paying product testers. {:4_181:}
2017-1-18
Use props
tom.grizzlycree
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I did the most recent firmware update for the P4P+ and controller with the built in display. Every time I try to launch DJI Go 4 it says, "Unfortunately, DJI Go 4 has stopped.". I've tried factory resets and downgrading to earlier firmware releases but I still get the same message when I tap "Go Fly".

Anyone else having this issue?
2017-1-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 07:34
They now refer issues to their distributors GRADUS BH will no longer accept returns on ANY DJI peouucts. Period

B&H does refund DJI drones. This is what they said:

Graham N: We do refund for DJI drones we just try to trouble shoot the issue first.
Graham N: If the unit is defective or the customer changes their mind within 30 days we do return and refund the unit.
Graham N: But if it flies away then you have to contact DJI support and they will issue a voucher if they determine the flight was not the pilot error.
Me: If the person opened the box, the return policy still applies, right?
Graham N: Yes you can still open the box and as long as everything is in the box you can still return it.
Graham N: There was some issue with the older units since they are discontinued but our policy for our standard 30 day return policy will cover DJI drones.
Graham N: If you would like to, I would also like to say that if any one has any questions they can always e-mail AERIALIMAGING@BHPHOTOVIDEO.COM.
2017-1-18
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

Steelinox Posted at 2017-1-17 06:42
On further investigation, DJI is getting the battery for repair/replacement.

Same exact issue. Rolling back firmware seemed to fix the issue.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules