Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ --- 04/12/2017
38528 206 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f9991cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 772989 ft
Norway

Still got air craft vibration during manual take off, and landing.
2017-1-19
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

floridajustin Posted at 2017-1-18 19:21
Same exact issue. Rolling back firmware seemed to fix the issue.

Did an uneventful flight this afternoon.
Nominal runtime from battery of about 28 mins...
2017-1-19
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I was having a strange issue with my p4p with yaw, if I was moving forward and used yaw lft the aircraft would almost flip over to the right after firmware issue is gone! GREAT WORK DJI THANKYOU!
2017-1-19
Use props
PERIOPNURSE
New

United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-14 08:24
The update is for the drone and the batteries. You will need to charge batteries to more than 50% otherwise firmware will fail - 75% charge would be adequate. After the initial update using DJI Assistant 2 it will update the drone and the battery that is in the drone - take about 15 minutes. Then quit DJI Assistant, Turn off drone and swop out battery battery, reconnect to DJI Assistant 2 and this will then just update that battery - take about 3 minutes per battery. Repeat for next battery.

PhantomPhil...... Thanks for this detailed info about updating the batteries. Newbie here and watched the online video on upgrading, but it stops short of the complete procedure. Thanks for completing the process so can fully understand it.
2017-1-19
Use props
PERIOPNURSE
New

United States

The update is for the drone and the batteries. You will need to charge batteries to more than 50% otherwise firmware will fail - 75% charge would be adequate. After the initial update using DJI Assistant 2 it will update the drone and the battery that is in the drone - take about 15 minutes. Then quit DJI Assistant, Turn off drone and swop out battery battery, reconnect to DJI Assistant 2 and this will then just update that battery - take about 3 minutes per battery. Repeat for next battery.

PhantomPhil...... Thanks for this detailed info about updating the batteries. Newbie here and watched the online video on upgrading, but it stops short of the complete procedure. Thanks for completing the process so can fully understand it.
2017-1-19
Use props
Jacko Lowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

Ive Just carried out this update & I now have a black screen (no image from camera) and cant enter camera settings either.
2017-1-21
Use props
Jacko Lowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

only able to switch between video & photo at which point I get a little bit of the image at the top of the screen with the rest going green????
2017-1-21
Use props
Jacko Lowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

The Surf is pumping this weekend & the sky is blue.... please help me  
2017-1-21
Use props
iNicc0lo
New

United States

CONTROLLER BOOT PROBLEM

Hi All,

i have a Phantom 4 Pro and the controller with Build-in screen.

When i turn it on there was an OTA update.  I downloaded it, install success, but the Controller not started again.  There is only the DJI logo but nothing boot up. (i try to leave in boot for 2H )

How i can fix this problem? There is a Recovery system to try to reset the Controller? Any idea?
2017-1-21
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

@Jacko Lowe   

turn all off

start app then the RC and last the bird

if that works, reflash the firmware with assistent2

and be shure the firmversions are showing right in the about window at the RC
2017-1-21
Use props
fans833db9c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same as you I updated my P4P. After update controller was useless, would not recover with Assistant 2. DJI is in process of sending me a new controller. Sucks that updates will do this.
2017-1-22
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-19 09:29
I was having a strange issue with my p4p with yaw, if I was moving forward and used yaw lft the aircraft would almost flip over to the right after firmware issue is gone! GREAT WORK DJI THANKYOU!

Hi Bluemarley67 so they did fix the issue I had too?
So no more gimbal limit reached in P mode?
Let me know when you can thanks
2017-1-22
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9602789 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Phantom  4 pro + I have signal problems I lose a signal less than a kilometer
2017-1-22
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

armondo, my issue still happens here and there its much better than it was its much less, also I haven't seen the gimbal limit reached for a while! though wind velocity still shows a lot, and a false reading of object avoidance occurs when flying and no noticeable ojects to detect from ground
2017-1-23
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-23 06:33
armondo, my issue still happens here and there its much better than it was its much less, also I haven't seen the gimbal limit reached for a while! though wind velocity still shows a lot, and a false reading of object avoidance occurs when flying and no noticeable ojects to detect from ground

I always get this false wind alert as well. We were told it would be fixed in this FW update but it was not.... doesn't effect flying but message is a PIA.   donnie
2017-1-23
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Also get "high wind velocity" message, very annoying....
2017-1-23
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

ever notice when high wind velocity shows up your drone starts to brake then flies again?
I notice on mine
2017-1-23
Use props
lanstar
New

United States

fans3f9991cd Posted at 2017-1-19 04:00
Still got air craft vibration during manual take off, and landing.

I experienced this issue for the first time, right after upgrading to 01.02.0304 (the latest) firmware.  I've never seen anything like this before on any Phantom I've ever owned (3 Pro, 4, and 4 Pro).  If it helps, here's the details:

When landing - right after touchdown (a gentle one) - the aircraft began to "wobble" on its landing struts - almost like a destructive harmonic feedback loop had developed in the motor control part of the firmware.  As I always do, right after touchdown, I moved the left joystick all the way down to shut off the motors... but in the few instants that took - the wobble was increasing in amplitude.  I really don't know how bad it would have gotten if I'd allowed the drone to sit there and idle on the ground.

Could this be the same issue that's mentioned in the release notes for 01.02.0304? (Reduced aircraft vibration during light throttle takeoff)  If it is, I wanted to report that it happens to me (and others it seems) after landing too - and it's still present in the 01.02.0304 firmware.  If you'd like any sensor data or other information from my P4 Pro's post-landing wobbling/vibrating, I'll be glad to provide.

Thanks!

Tim
2017-1-23
Use props
fans67b52e3b
lvl.1

United States

well, none of my obstacle avoidance sensors work. Had it a whole 2 weeks. Did firmware upgrade and calibration in DJI app now I can't see any radar nor does my test show they are working. I'll bet it's something with the calibration and firmware. What's odd is I can't even toggle the radar display on or off, it stays on, but isn't as bright of green. Support was zero help, after waiting 90 minutes, they told me to re-calibrate IMU and gimbal.   Didn't change anything. Thank God I have a 30 day return policy with vendor. The screens claim everything is normal but it's not!!!
2017-1-23
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

lanstar Posted at 2017-1-23 11:55
I experienced this issue for the first time, right after upgrading to 01.02.0304 (the latest) firmware.  I've never seen anything like this before on any Phantom I've ever owned (3 Pro, 4, and 4 Pro).  If it helps, here's the details:

When landing - right after touchdown (a gentle one) - the aircraft began to "wobble" on its landing struts - almost like a destructive harmonic feedback loop had developed in the motor control part of the firmware.  As I always do, right after touchdown, I moved the left joystick all the way down to shut off the motors... but in the few instants that took - the wobble was increasing in amplitude.  I really don't know how bad it would have gotten if I'd allowed the drone to sit there and idle on the ground.

You described the problem very well.  This happened to me as well on my flights 21st, Jan.  I actually went to my local RC drone/plane shop to ask for advice afterwards.

My observations / additional notes:

Not sure if the ambient conditions would effect the throttle down/power off procedure by holding the left stick straight down after landing but it was a windy day when this occurred.  In addition, the street that I was landing on was not completely level, as it was graded so that water would flow off to the gutters.  Could this be assisted landing / obstacle avoidance trying to intervene last minute here?  Just wanted to add some of my own observations and thoughts in the event that DJI is following this case.  
2017-1-23
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160197 ft
United States

fans67b52e3b Posted at 2017-1-23 17:37
well, none of my obstacle avoidance sensors work. Had it a whole 2 weeks. Did firmware upgrade and calibration in DJI app now I can't see any radar nor does my test show they are working. I'll bet it's something with the calibration and firmware. What's odd is I can't even toggle the radar display on or off, it stays on, but isn't as bright of green. Support was zero help, after waiting 90 minutes, they told me to re-calibrate IMU and gimbal.   Didn't change anything. Thank God I have a 30 day return policy with vendor. The screens claim everything is normal but it's not!!!

I'm expericaning no sensors as well. they worked last flight but not this time around
2017-1-24
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Is it necessary to update the batteries? What is actually upgrading in the batteries? Sorry if my question has been answered elsewhere, I haven't found anything about battery-upgrades except your post.
2017-1-27
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

stalker Posted at 2017-1-27 08:18
Is it necessary to update the batteries? What is actually upgrading in the batteries? Sorry if my question has been answered elsewhere, I haven't found anything about battery-upgrades except your post.

When you do the drone update the battery inside the drone will be updated at the same time - you have no choice. If you only have the one battery you don't need to concern yourself any more.

If you have other batteries these won't have been updated and when you go out and fly your drone and then put in an non updated battery you will get a message on your screen saying "incompatible firmware" You will be left wondering what on earth this means and you will either a) return to these forums complaining about how rubbish DJI is because you don't have a clue why this message appeared or b) you decide to fly the drone and crash and come back here blaming DJI.

"Is it necessary to update the batteries" -  I just do it because it makes sense.  I am sure DJI have thought it necessary enough to provide the update for the battery. I have not flown my drone with a non updated battery and so I don't know for sure how necessary it is but I haven't run into any problems.

If you decide to fly your drone without an updated battery please can you post back here the result so that we can determine how necessary it really is - maybe we don't need to.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans2420a9d0
New

United States

updated firmware, flew it today but got some major issues, could it be from the firmware update?

When I lost RC signal, automatic return home and land was trigged, when I got the signal back, I cancelled the landing from my phone and wanted to fly it a little more, this is when I lost control of the drone and it started crashing down. It seemed that the drone was still trying to save itself so the falling speed wasn't fast, and it was spinning in circles. Luckily it was not a high fall so it's not damaged (I think)
2017-1-27
Use props
fans2420a9d0
New

United States

updated firmware, flew it today but got some major issues, could it be from the firmware update?

When I lost RC signal, automatic return home and land was trigged, when I got the signal back, I cancelled the landing from my phone and wanted to fly it a little more, this is when I lost control of the drone and it started crashing down. It seemed that the drone was still trying to save itself so the falling speed wasn't fast, and it was spinning in circles. Luckily it was not a high fall so it's not damaged (I think)
2017-1-27
Use props
fansec784bf9
New

Canada

I just received my phantom 4 pro plus today! I wasn't able to connect the drone to the controller. Any advice. I called your support and they said there was a  problem with the app that is built into the controller. I am at a stand still I haven't even flown the drone yet and am kind of lots on what to do.
2017-1-27
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fansec784bf9 Posted at 2017-1-27 20:12
I just received my phantom 4 pro plus today! I wasn't able to connect the drone to the controller. Any advice. I called your support and they said there was a  problem with the app that is built into the controller. I am at a stand still I haven't even flown the drone yet and am kind of lots on what to do.

When I first got mine, it made me do a one time registration and I had problems because 1) My router locked it out from connecting, 2) after it connected it's IP changed but the controller kept the old IP address to connect. I think I kept getting the message "Call DJI Support". After turning everything off and back on the registration went through. Then I couldn't connect to the drone and this is sort of vague, I tried to connect the drone to my PC and Assistant 2 software but I was not successful. However after doing that and turning everything off and on again, the controller connected to the drone.
Were you able to do the initial registration?
2017-1-28
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-27 09:58
When you do the drone update the battery inside the drone will be updated at the same time - you have no choice. If you only have the one battery you don't need to concern yourself any more.

If you have other batteries these won't have been updated and when you go out and fly your drone and then put in an non updated battery you will get a message on your screen saying "incompatible firmware" You will be left wondering what on earth this means and you will either a) return to these forums complaining about how rubbish DJI is because you don't have a clue why this message appeared or b) you decide to fly the drone and crash and come back here blaming DJI.

Thanks, and yes I will listen to your advice and update both extra batteries because I really don't want to risk a crash. But I still don't understand what had to be updated inside these batteries.
2017-1-28
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

stalker Posted at 2017-1-28 00:29
Thanks, and yes I will listen to your advice and update both extra batteries because I really don't want to risk a crash. But I still don't understand what had to be updated inside these batteries.

I don't even know what needs to be updated in the drone but I do the firmware update just to make sure I have the latest and it will make some improvement. I don't know what improvements need making because my P4P+ flies perfectly as it is.

The battery communicates via telemetry to the controller, this is how it can estimate how much battery life is left and how much flying time is remaining. I would imagine that new parameters have been programmed into the battery firmware to improve accuracy of these estimates, but I am only guessing.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

ACA87 Posted at 2017-1-15 09:20
Just got the Phantom 4 Pro+ and was able to create a DJI account and login on the built in screen. When trying to activate the drone I get the Activation Failed (ServerBackFail) contact DJI support if error persists after restarting. Have restarted several times, reset the controller multiple times, tried using a different email and the same message keeps popping up. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

Some people were having a hard time registering their P4P+ when entering the name of the bird and using the "+" sign in the name.  When I registered mine I wrote it as "Phantom 4 Pro Plus" and it registered just fine.  It doesn't like the "+" sign in the name.

Bud
2017-1-29
Use props
Aidz
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hello Dji, I can't connect remote control DJI Phantom 4 it with Sony Xperia XZ 64Gb and Sony Xperia XA. Android Nougot Version 7.0. Pls update your apps for Sony Xperia XZ 64Gb.  I NEED use it ASAP
2017-1-29
Use props
mpaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19252874 ft
Serbia

Any indications on when will new FW with solved gimbal issues be released?
2017-2-3
Use props
fans67b52e3b
lvl.1

United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 07:34
They now refer issues to their distributors GRADUS BH will no longer accept returns on ANY DJI peouucts. Period

They switched mine out. They just talked to me first to ask what I had done as far as DJI support first. I suspect they get a lot back from operator error and not equipment error. After they inspected the drone to make sure I wasn't trying to pull one over, they sent out a replacement the next day.
2017-2-3
Use props
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

But i am still using DJI GO. is there any problem for this app
2017-2-4
Use props
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

Thanks for Update...
2017-2-4
Use props
Wunni
New

Germany

where to get this firmware? at the homepage there is "Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware v01.01.01.01 2016-12-09"
2017-2-4
Use props
fansfd626cb8
lvl.1

United States

My p4p has number 1 compass dissconned but only give an error of magnetic interference fly with caution. I've tried to recalibrate the compass in a few locations and still shows compass 1 disconnected in the sensor screen. It is out of the box like this. Please help
2017-2-4
Use props
floridajustin
lvl.1
United States

No mention of fixing the "Battery Signal Error"? Hopefully this is addressed with this firmware.
2017-2-5
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Does HDMI work with the Phantom 3 Standard as well?
2017-2-5
Use props
fans40289743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 07:34
They now refer issues to their distributors GRADUS BH will no longer accept returns on ANY DJI peouucts. Period

That's surprising to me, since I'm a big fan of B&H. But I can't blame them... DJI drops the ball when it comes to after-sale service.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules