Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't fly
774 10 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard yue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170820 ft
South Korea

IMG_3452.PNG
2016-12-9
Use props
Richard yue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170820 ft
South Korea

Why I can't fly in Korea and the above is what I see on the error
2016-12-9
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You are in a no fly zone, move to a different location and try again. You don't say where you are (korea is quite big)
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please check the details here firstly: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
May I know have you changed another location to fly again, and how about the performance?
2016-12-10
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-12-9 21:08
You are in a no fly zone, move to a different location and try again. You don't say where you are (korea is quite big)

In ATTI mode it's also restricted to fly there? Interesting, what will be if try to cover drone by metal foil to close GPS signal and try to fly in ATTI mode? ))
2016-12-10
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Somnium Posted at 2016-12-10 16:59
In ATTI mode it's also restricted to fly there? Interesting, what will be if try to cover drone by metal foil to close GPS signal and try to fly in ATTI mode? ))

I think if you've manually put it in ATTI mode it still knows it has a GPS and uses that for the geosystem.

Covering it with foil will definitely work to kill the GPS signal, but I couldn't say if it will interfere with the compass or other bits. Worth a try
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Better to move locations than to mess with the drones electronics.
If you block the GPS and have a problem, RTH will be lost. Not advised.

But if you are only doing close flights, keeping VLOS it may be ok to test it...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur with RedHotPoker. Please keep in mind that if you crash the unit due to this modification and send the unit to DJI, the repair technicians will be able to tell in the flight data and would automatically non warranty the repair.
2016-12-10
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 19:34
Better to move locations than to mess with the drones electronics.
If you block the GPS and have a problem, RTH will be lost. Not advised.

Yes,I agree that it may be riskly to lost control, but anyway interesting is it possible to deceive this clever device?))) So in theory if it will lost GPS fly above 500m if need.
2016-12-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 07:27
I would concur with RedHotPoker. Please keep in mind that if you crash the unit due to this modification and send the unit to DJI, the repair technicians will be able to tell in the flight data and would automatically non warranty the repair.

Yes, I agree. They can see gps signal level and if you fly without gps
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Somnium Posted at 2016-12-11 23:19
Yes,I agree that it may be riskly to lost control, but anyway interesting is it possible to deceive this clever device?))) So in theory if it will lost GPS fly above 500m if need.

Just move somewhere else, that is conducive to safe and enjoyable flights, and absolve yourself of turmoil and let down.
If it were me, that tin foil would be best utilized for cooking or baking and not flying.
Of course you could make a swell tin foil hat and be safe from radiation from the sun, or UFO attacks... Hahahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules