Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recording video...
806 10 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2997710 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the phantom 4, when I am recording video, it only records a few seconds and it stops by itself.  Anyone have any idea what would cause that?
2016-12-9
Use props
Alex W
lvl.1

United States

never experienced this myself but i would recommend clearing the memory card and formatting it.
what size memory card are you using?
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know how long you have owned it? Just to clarify, you noticed this issue after a firmware upgrading or hard landing or something else?
You tried different SD card besides the original one, still had the same issue, right?
BTW, what mobile device you are using?
2016-12-10
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have owned it since August, Firmware is up to date, and I used the card I had with my Advanced, a 32gb Sandisc Ultra, and using a iphone 7 plus.  
2016-12-11
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

johnny fiveo Posted at 2016-12-12 08:49
I have owned it since August, Firmware is up to date, and I used the card I had with my Advanced, a 32gb Sandisc Ultra, and using a iphone 7 plus.

When did you update the FW? did it happen after the update?
2016-12-11
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think I found the issue....I replaced the SD with the original card that came with it, has not cut out yet.  I think the card that I had in there couldn't keep up with the video.  I did a few recordings in kitche, and has not done it yet, but when I put the other card in, it cuts.  
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

johnny fiveo Posted at 2016-12-12 08:49

Are you sure that you did not accidentally hit the record button again? Do you start the recording via the app or the RC? Have you tried reformatting the SD card?
2016-12-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

johnny fiveo Posted at 2016-12-12 12:12
I think I found the issue....I replaced the SD with the original card that came with it, has not cut out yet.  I think the card that I had in there couldn't keep up with the video.  I did a few recordings in kitche, and has not done it yet, but when I put the other card in, it cuts.

Quite likely, the SAndisk Ultra is a borderline card, just not quite fast enough to do the job.
2016-12-11
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm positive it's the card.  Weather has been shitty for me to go out and try the card that came with it, but the tests in the house seem to work fine.   This video is where it kept stopping the recordings.  I was able to piece it together ok with some slowing down on the small clips...

2016-12-12
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 09:21
Are you sure that you did not accidentally hit the record button again? Do you start the recording via the app or the RC? Have you tried reformatting the SD card?

I formatted the card through the app, along with the recording.  
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

johnny fiveo Posted at 2016-12-12 22:12
I'm positive it's the card.  Weather has been shitty for me to go out and try the card that came with it, but the tests in the house seem to work fine.   This video is where it kept stopping the recordings.  I was able to piece it together ok with some slowing down on the small clips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JiFI3GMXXc&t=12s

Good to hear that you seem to have found the issue, please let me know if it persists with a faster SD card. It's a very lovely video, thank you for sharing. The exposure work on it was spot on. I bet that house is never hard to find, like a lighthouse.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules