P4P Compass redundancy switch
2855 8 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

i was flying my P4P today and  I was getting a warning come up on the screen saying "Compass redundancy switch"  never had that warning come up before, anyone have any ideas what that might be.
2016-12-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello Snowwolfwarrior,

I never experienced this warning but it might be what it says. Your P4P switched probably automatic to the second compass due to an interference or a malfunction of the first one. Good to have redundancy. Try a compass calibration and controll the values in the DJI Go App. If you get an error on the first compass after the calibration you should contact the customer service.

Patrick
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In the new firmware, we optimized the compass function, and the main controller will switch to use back up compass if the main compass receives interference. So the drone will not accidentally switch from GPS mode to ATTI mode  even if one compass malfunctions.
If the auto-switching from GPS to ATTI issue in open field still happens to your drone after you update it to latest firmware, please contact DJI Support and sync your flight record, so we can further assist you.
2016-12-10
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 10:13
In the new firmware, we optimized the compass function, and the main controller will switch to use back up compass if the main compass receives interference. So the drone will not accidentally switch from GPS mode to ATTI mode  even if one compass malfunctions.
If the auto-switching from GPS to ATTI issue in open field still happens to your drone after you update it to latest firmware, please contact DJI Support and sync your flight record, so we can further assist you.

Hi Natalia, I had the waning come up on the old firmware, I did the latest firmware update last night, I will let you know if I get it again
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-10 18:45
Hi Natalia, I had the waning come up on the old firmware, I did the latest firmware update last night, I will let you know if I get it again

OK, Please keep us posted.
2016-12-10
Use props
craigw0lv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328645 ft
United States

P4 I just updated to the newest versions for firmware and am getting the Compass error now and did not before.  What is the solution?  

I kept getting an error message during the update that it would not work with my divice?  

Also, after I rebooted everything, it said that the update was there for both divices (Drone  and controller).  So I booted up the drone and went for a flight.  during the filght, it would not go over 100 feet away and/or up highter than 100 fee.  I mad sure that the beginner mode was OFF.  The FPV camera transmission was spotty also?  

Any way to correct any or all of this?
2017-7-8
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Did you LOG in on your app after the update? I'm assuming your using a phone or pad correct?
2017-7-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You also need to make sure you have the latest version of the go4 ap or you will have your flights limited.
2017-7-9
Use props
djiuser_4d9IliJGzsuU
New

Malaysia

I know this is old, but the latest fw 8-3-2018 updates got my P4P turns yoyo and very wild. The gps mode turns to atti mode all the time and the drifting was aggressive and the camera feed is flickering too,in flight I lost connection 3 times in 1 flight due to this. I downgraded the fw to the previous one and found the "Compass redundancy switch" warning for the first time in the gji go 4 apps. I still haven't tried to calibrate the compass yet as i had trouble getting the drone out of the building for these 2 days due to what happened last time in the field. Will keep it updated but please let me know if this ever happened before? Or something is wrong with my p4p
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules