Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
5in1 Rapid Battery Charger
2161 24 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlameBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

Can charge 3 batteries at one time
Charging time: 60-80 mins for total 3 batteries or one battery

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qualit ... :g:qHkAAOSwJ7RYShn6
s-l1600.jpg
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The version that comes in the combo allows you to hook up 4 batteries and 2 USB devices, plus its made by DJI. If anything goes wrong with your batteries using that charger you won't be able to do anything under the warranty.
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://m.dji.com/product/mavic-battery-charging-hub

Its cheaper too
2016-12-9
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

the dji charger only charges 1 battery at a time tho doesn't it? so can take a long time to charge them all connected
2016-12-9
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

True. Still I prefer the DJI stuff.
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-9 12:55
the dji charger only charges 1 battery at a time tho doesn't it? so can take a long time to charge them all connected

Yea, its one at a time. For some reason when I read the charging times you listed I was thinking that was how long it took me for 3, guess I was thinking how fast my phone chrages.
2016-12-9
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

I'm not against competition usually, but looks like a modified imax b6 charger or knock off of it.... However... not sure I would risk my new Mavic or batteries on something like this.... The hub is not a bad way to go... no it doesn't charge them at the same time, but I think the way it works is good... if the hub charged all of the batteries at one time, the amperage would have to be split between all of the batteries.... this would take longer to charge... with the hub charging the battery that's closest to full... it can dedicate the max current to the battery therefore charging it faster.... then it moves on to the next battery.....

Anyways be interested in anyone who has tried this product or similar... see what the results are...
2016-12-9
Use props
Birdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

Yeah the DJi charger does them one at a time so takes quite a while, charging al 3 at the same time would be quite nice.

Saw a youtube video earlier, the guy said the AC charger puts out 2amps but the car charger puts out 6amps so the car charger works a lot faster.
2016-12-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

I'd be interested does it say max amp 4.5amp. U could hardly read it.  3 batteries at once at 50w easy is 11.5amp. So it may do the put really slowly at 1.5amp each.  
2016-12-9
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

The same company makes fantastic parallel multichargers for both the P4 and P3 series. They work great in my experience.
2016-12-9
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I would not charge so mush as a power bank with that thing. It has high risk written all over it.

If anyone buys this thing, and you use it to charge your LiPo batteries, I would do it in a field, away from people, or in a concrete bunker.

Do what you will... I choose to charge with the DJI charger. I choose life.
2016-12-9
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.3
United States

Easty Posted at 2016-12-9 13:19
I'd be interested does it say max amp 4.5amp. U could hardly read it.  3 batteries at once at 50w easy is 11.5amp. So it may do the put really slowly at 1.5amp each.

It's at 4.5A per battery fella
2016-12-12
Use props
Easty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-12 21:50
It's at 4.5A per battery fella

I'd be very interested in anyone ordered check that is the case. You generally cannot fund cheap high amp supplies like that. Also take a bit of cooling. It's a great buy is it is.
2016-12-20
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

what everyone needs to understand is that the Mavic batteries have the charge controller built into the battery pack. So all it looks for is a fixed 13.05V and 4.5A source. It doesn't know or care where it is coming from as long as it is within spec, it will proceed with charging the battery. The battery charge controller (on the battery) then determines the appropriate voltage and amperage in which to use based on the battery's charge level. The cell balancing is also monitored and controlled onboard the battery. Once it is fully charged, the charge controller inside the battery shuts off and regardless of what the charger is outputting, will not try to charge the battery. So the fear of using a non-OEM charger is not necessary. If you have concerns, simply check the actual output voltage and amperage before you use the charger. If you hook up a charger with too high or too low a voltage, the battery will alarm and stop the charge cycle to prevent damage to the battery.
So by integrating the charge controller inside the battery pack it has made it very easy for manufacturers to build aftermarket chargers since they only have to develop a power supply than can output 13.05V at 4.5A and not worry about all of the complexities of charging a Lithium Ion battery.
2016-12-20
Use props
Mike245
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1597963 ft

Hi, I know this is a old thread but i am interested in buying one of these 5 in 1 charger`s , as anybody used it on a car Inverter and if so was it ok , I have already bought a 300w car inverter.... Thanks..

2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-9 09:55
the dji charger only charges 1 battery at a time tho doesn't it? so can take a long time to charge them all connected

DJI also offer an Advanced version of their charging hub which works with the P4 100w charger and can semi simultaneously charge 4 flight batteries from 15% to 100% in less than 2.5 hours without potentially voiding any warranty.
2018-4-4
Use props
RocketChap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-20 16:48
what everyone needs to understand is that the Mavic batteries have the charge controller built into the battery pack. So all it looks for is a fixed 13.05V and 4.5A source. It doesn't know or care where it is coming from as long as it is within spec, it will proceed with charging the battery. The battery charge controller (on the battery) then determines the appropriate voltage and amperage in which to use based on the battery's charge level. The cell balancing is also monitored and controlled onboard the battery. Once it is fully charged, the charge controller inside the battery shuts off and regardless of what the charger is outputting, will not try to charge the battery. So the fear of using a non-OEM charger is not necessary. If you have concerns, simply check the actual output voltage and amperage before you use the charger. If you hook up a charger with too high or too low a voltage, the battery will alarm and stop the charge cycle to prevent damage to the battery.
So by integrating the charge controller inside the battery pack it has made it very easy for manufacturers to build aftermarket chargers since they only have to develop a power supply than can output 13.05V at 4.5A and not worry about all of the complexities of charging a Lithium Ion battery.

Interesting then that the DJI Mavic charging hub talks to the battery to decide which of the batteries to charge first (it charges the most charged battery first - to get the quickest fully charged battery).  The battery records the number of charge cycles - so I guess the battery is therefore probably intelligent enough to know if its been charged on a DJI hub or not.

See this video for info on the standard and advanced Mavic charging hubs.   Also talks about fast charging using the phantom charger..
2018-4-4
Use props
Strobing_NYC
First Officer
Flight distance : 3866470 ft

Have one and it works great, charges all 3 at the same time and all in under 1 hour
2018-4-4
Use props
fansfe86a921
lvl.3
Flight distance : 578701 ft
Singapore

I had this charger before but have sold it off.  It works well in charging three battery at the same time.  It has a fan inside to cool it off.  Built quality is good.  Outside casing is something like Aluminum.  However, it is BIG, much bigger than the DJI charger.  Of course, it has to kick out more juice.  I sold it off due to the size of it.  And I typically does not require rapid charging.  When I travel, I use the three battery during day time and charge all of them overnight.  It works well.  And the DJI charger is smaller and more convenient to carry when travelling.
2018-4-4
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I have one also(the newest version and from Amazon) and it works great. Charges all three in about an hour. I went off the reviews to decide to get or not. Glad I got.
2018-4-4
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Also wanted to add this really works great say you just went through three batteries and are traveling to your next location I use a 500 watt inverter that I charge the batteries while driving so they are charged by the time I get there.
2018-4-4
Use props
Mike245
lvl.3

Thanks.. I think I will buy one and will use my 300w inverter to charge them up, I will post to let you know how I got on if the weather lets me go fly lol...
2018-4-5
Use props
Bky
lvl.3
United States

Mike245 Posted at 2018-4-5 12:13
Thanks.. I think I will buy one and will use my 300w inverter to charge them up, I will post to let you know how I got on if the weather lets me go fly lol...

I've did get one and love it.  Bought it when I got the Mavic Pro.  I have never used the factory charger. never had an issue and charges fast. over 40 flights never an issue.
2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Mike245 Posted at 2018-4-5 12:13
Thanks.. I think I will buy one and will use my 300w inverter to charge them up, I will post to let you know how I got on if the weather lets me go fly lol...

Very cool I think you will like it.
2018-4-5
Use props
Mike245
lvl.3

Thanks guys , waiting for my 5 in 1 charger to arrive still.....
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules