Drones in India?
1956 8 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROOKIECBR
lvl.1
Canada

Hey everyone, ust looking for some advice...

Heading over to India in January, through Delhi...will be travelling the country for about 3.5 weeks. then heading over to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Ive read in many forums that drones are banned in India, but are sometimes overlooked and foreigners have been allowed to bring them in since they stil haven't implemented a policy regarding it.

I know ill have to declare it at customs...however, do they confiscate after i pay the duty tax? I have the Mavic, is it small enough that they will allow me to keep it? i don't plan to do any flying while in India, but i hope to have the drone for my trip in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. if anyone has been to india recently, any advice would help! thanks!

2016-12-9
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

You don't have to pay duty for something you are taking it back. They won't ask about it. In case they ask you can tell you will take it back.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans838294c8
New
Australia

Hello Rookie,
How did it go ? Did you manage to declare the drone and get it along safely in India ?
2017-1-10
Use props
TheLifeOfJord
lvl.1

Portugal

Did you manage to get it in? Flying to India this week and can't decide what to do!
I'm happy not to fly it there but need it for my onward journey to Sri Lanka
2017-3-7
Use props
ROOKIECBR
lvl.1
Vietnam

fans838294c8 Posted at 2017-1-10 19:37
Hello Rookie,
How did it go ? Did you manage to declare the drone and get it along safely in India ?

went well! once i landed in Delhi, i didnt declare the drone. just walk straight through the green channel.

I had the mavic, so it was alot easier to conceal. i suspect with phantoms or larger drones it would get flagged. I had the drone in my check in and the batteries and controller in my carry on.
2017-4-9
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

ROOKIECBR Posted at 2017-4-9 08:13
went well! once i landed in Delhi, i didnt declare the drone. just walk straight through the green channel.

I had the mavic, so it was alot easier to conceal. i suspect with phantoms or larger drones it would get flagged. I had the drone in my check in and the batteries and controller in my carry on.

Interesting, I am also planning on travelling to India but do not plan to fly my drone, would like to have it for South East Asia countries.
2017-5-11
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

FYI, I flew through India and they have the most extensive security check for electronics. I had to take out all my electronics including my charger into a separate bin. Normally I would just put all my electronics such as phone into a pocket of my bag and my chargers in another bag but they asked all of those to be out and put into a bin. I have only flew there once so I am not sure if it is just my experience.
2017-5-11
Use props
fanscdd1c359
New
Australia

Hi. I am planing to visit India in two weeks starting 26th Jan18. I want to take my DJI Spark, most of the post saying Drones banned in India, found one saying that they will allow from 1/1/18 as they have changed the rules for Drones. Anyone knows about.
I do not want to get risk

Thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

No trusty info so far here....
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced