Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
State Farm Drone Insurance
68066 220 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-15 14:45
I got a quotation on January  for $170 that covers my Inspire 1, Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro

not bad idea to have this on all of them

Worth every penny for your situation and arsenal of birds.
2017-5-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-15 16:36
Worth every penny for your situation and arsenal of birds.

I agree with you.  I wonder if you crash your drone and it is totally my fault as the pilot....  will they still replace the equipment?   I have been flying over the water a lot and this can be troubling

Rich
2017-5-15
Use props
VMav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 11:01
Thanks for that newsflash but I never said anything about a "free lunch" or a "free ride". I paid for my State Farm policy and Care Refresh hoping to use neither and fully aware that I might not. And yes, I'm aware that a claim can cause other premiums to rise; I've often been the one pointing this out to other people and in fact did just that at least once earlier in this very thread.

Well, might you be the smart one.

Please, no hard feelings.   Maybe my post was overreacting on merits of insurance businesses.

My point is that - RC hobby claims does not make sense in my opinion.
Maybe you will deprive yourself from adrenaline rush when you try to save your quadrocopter if you know that insurance will cover it... so, you can act less responsible. Well, again that's a moot point.

When there was a time of DJI NAZA flight controller (or even before it) - pilot had everything in his hands - total control.  He would know every tiny bit of aircraft and can fix it if something went wrong.

Now with all this RTH, GPS, Smart Vision, NFZ, RTF solutions - nobody knows how it works, looks like aircraft has its own mind, so we need insurance against it... To cover what? Flyaways, forced NFZ landing into the ocean, pilot errors - because you cannot simple fix/control it yourself but have to send it back to the service center...

DJI care refresh - they don't want you to fix your aircraft yourself... they provide you a service which should deal with basically firmware issues like flyaways and force landing etc.  Granted, modern quad is pretty complex system. But giving no information about design at all give you no chance to avoid calling their "infamous" CS.

Well, again it's no RC hobby anymore, it's some kind consumer "flying selfy stick" in most parts which commands DJI care refresh, PAP insurance and etc.

And that's fine with me.  I'm just observing, maybe  some nostalgia...

2017-5-15
Use props
ktn.ma.i
New

United States

Your rates will go up if you file a claim. Your $0 deductible claim will easily cost you that $999 cost over the course of a few years.
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

ktn.ma.i Posted at 2017-5-15 20:29
Your rates will go up if you file a claim. Your $0 deductible claim will easily cost you that $999 cost over the course of a few years.

Your rates will go up if you file a claim.

It's more accurate to say that they may go up; it's ultimately up to each insurance company to determine what, if anything, they do with the fact that you've filed a claim, and in at least some cases State Farm agents claimed they wouldn't increase premiums due to a single PAP claim.

Also, it's far from guaranteed that your premium increase would be more than the cost of what was paid out to replace the drone. And at a minimum, any premium increase would occur at some point in the future after the claim is paid out, so the worst-case scenario is that the policyholder has deferred the financial hit from replacing their drone until a later date.
2017-5-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

VMav Posted at 2017-5-15 20:21
Please, no hard feelings.   Maybe my post was overreacting on merits of insurance businesses.

My point is that - RC hobby claims does not make sense in my opinion.

No big deal; we all have our moments.

I agree that going the insurance route is less appealing, because as you pointed out it may (and "may" is the operative word here) lead to higher premiums on other policies. But even if other premiums do increase it's not clear that they'd go up more than the payout on the drone policy, and at a minimum you'd be deferring the financial hit until some time in the future. So yes, it's pretty unclear whether it really is better financially in the long run and realistically it probably varies depending on who your insurance is with, since it's not a given that your premiums will rise after a single claim. Of course self-insuring is always desirable if you have the resources, but some people can't afford to and others just prefer not to.

Care Refresh, on the other hand, is a completely different animal because there are no financial implications outside the obvious ones ($99 to buy it, then $79 for the first replacement and $129 for the second). Most of the frustration with it comes from people who are surprised that they have to return the original Mavic to get a replacement, are unhappy when they get back one that's apparently refurbished, or are shocked when they have to wait 4+ weeks for any replacement at all. So yes, I can understand that it's not for everybody, but I think if you go in with your eyes open it can be a reasonably good choice.

What I do know is that you don't have to hang around this forum long to see a new thread started by somebody who didn't buy Care Refresh or insurance but winds up wishing they had. And yes, that's at least partly an emotional reaction to the financial hit, but then that's the whole point: with Care Refresh -- and arguably with a State Farm policy too -- you've already (mostly) absorbed the financial impact and only have to deal with the distress of temporarily not having a working Mavic Pro.
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
United States

Your rate for insurance WILL go up after you file ANY claim.  It is just a matter of time.  Your risk rating in LexisNexis will be adjust after you file ANY claim.  You will certainly have a rate increase for any insurance you have when they run your report every six months or a year as some insurers do.  How can your rate stay the same when you are a higher risk customer now?  Think about it.  Just my two cents.  I'd never risk my overall rating with insurance companies filing a claim for a $999 toy.  Sorry but it doesn't make any sense.  It's a different story if you have multiple items that are worth thousands of dollars.  
2017-5-16
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-16 16:33
Your rate for insurance WILL go up after you file ANY claim.  It is just a matter of time.  Your risk rating in LexisNexis will be adjust after you file ANY claim.  You will certainly have a rate increase for any insurance you have when they run your report every six months or a year as some insurers do.  How can your rate stay the same when you are a higher risk customer now?  Think about it.  Just my two cents.  I'd never risk my overall rating with insurance companies filing a claim for a $999 toy.  Sorry but it doesn't make any sense.  It's a different story if you have multiple items that are worth thousands of dollars.

Your rate for insurance WILL go up after you file ANY claim.

Not necessarily. Your insurance rates are a based on a calculation of risk. Filing a $1K claim once is something that can happen with anyone. Mistakes happen to the average individual. It is not a pattern and does not indicate that you are more likely to cause a claim to be made in the future. Now if you do this 3+ times that is a pattern and indicates that you are a higher risk individual than the average. Thus your premiums may increase to compensate for the fact that in the future you are more likely to make a claim than the average person.  Also, filing a personal articles claim (as far as lexisnexis knows it's considered the same as a wedding ring or gun), is unlikely to affect other things such as car insurance. Losing your wedding ring a few times (for example) does not indicate that you are more likely than the average person to crash your car. Even if it does have an effect, I doubt nearly enough to make the policy not worth it. It would have to increase by $1000 over the time that it is considered a factor. That would take a DUI or reckless driving ticket to do that, not a small personal articles claim.

It may not even affect your rates on the PAP policy you wrote with state farm. At least with my agent regarding personal article policies, he has not seen an increase in rates for the policy after a claim or two. The only thing he has seen is a deductible being added to a no deductible policy after someone made a claim within the first month of the policy.

The reason this policy is such a good deal is that it is wrapped into a standard personal articles policy. There is no increase in risk (and thus higher price) by the item being a drone. There obviously should be, but for now state farm is willing to just consider a drone the same way they consider any other allowed item. The only thing different is that their system recommends a deductible, but it is up to the discretion of the underwriter and most are fine with no deductible. Assuming someone has this policy for 3 years (seems to be the average life of a drone) and only 1 person out of 6 makes a claim, state farm is making money.

EDIT: Just emailed my state farm agent something similar to this post, asking if my thoughts / assumptions on this are correct.

2017-5-16
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-16 16:33

I've raised the question a number of times that if your file a claim, and it affects a premium on a new policy, by how much?  I don't know if anyone can really answer that question considering there isn't much (if any) data out there.

But for argument sake, if I file a claim and receive $1000, and my premium goes up $100 on any policy I hold, would that justify the PAP as a beneficial policy?  At what point would the math no longer make sense?
2017-5-16
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-5-16 17:45
I've raised the question a number of times that if your file a claim, and it affects a premium on a new policy, by how much?  I don't know if anyone can really answer that question considering there isn't much (if any) data out there.

But for argument sake, if I file a claim and receive $1000, and my premium goes up $100 on any policy I hold, would that justify the PAP as a beneficial policy?  At what point would the math no longer make sense?

At what point would the math no longer make sense?

As soon as your rates increase across the board enough (as a direct result of you personal articles policy claim) so that they are now $940  (Cost of drone - policy cost) more than they would have been had you not made the claim.

Keep in mind that the effect (if any) will not last the rest of your life. If that was the case, the increase would have to be minimal to make it no longer worth it. Just like speeding tickets (an indication of risk), the effect disappears after a set amount of time. The algorithms that determine this are industry secrets so it is impossible to tell for sure, but see my above post as to why I think it would be extremely unlikely to affect your rates > $960 over your lifetime.
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-5-16 17:35
Your rate for insurance WILL go up after you file ANY claim.

I see both sides for sure.  Let us know what they say.
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-5-16 17:45

I don't know firsthand but until someone does and lets us know, we will never really know how much increase there would be.  Insurance is a good thing.  Not saying don't buy it but just be prepared for the unknown after you do use it.  That's all.  Like I've stated before, having liability insurance is also needed if you are into risky flying.
2017-5-16
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
United States

From my state farm agent:

"I would agree with how you put it in regards to it all is based on calculation of risk. Of course things happen in which a claim is necessary but a lot of it can be based off timing meaning that if in general you start a policy and within the first renewal or few months a claim is filed it doesn’t look the best as where if you are with an insurance company for 5 years and have a loss they will look at that completely differently. In direct connection with these PAP policies honestly in the 5 years I have been here I have only had 2 claims for those types of policies one for a computer and one for a wedding ring and no negative implications took place when a claim was filed so unfortunately I don’t have any experience on someone filing multiple claims on a PAP policy.

You are also correct in making the connection that filing a claim on a PAP policy would have no direct effect to your auto insurance as they are viewed completely differently. In your specific case in no way would having damage occur to your drone and filing a claim have any connection to your auto insurance thus raising your rates indicating that your driving record/habits are less because you had a claim on a different type of insurance policy. That goes for everything so by having a claim on your auto policy by no means would your homeowners or PAP policy be affected and you be viewed as a high risk.

Hopefully that all kind of makes sense but my guess is people are starting to get a little worried about how this may affect other insurance policies where in most cases auto/home/business/life insurance policies are viewed as separate entities and don’t really affect how the other types of policies are viewed. Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll do my best to help. Thank you!"
2017-5-17
Use props
Henning1
New
Flight distance : 149032 ft
United States

I also wanted to let you guys know that I had asked to insure my drone through StateFarm and they asked me if it's for business. I said I will eventually use it for business and I'm working on my Part 107 FAA certification. They ended up denying me because I had mentioned I will use it for business. I told them that I would apply for a business policy at that time but until then I will be using it as a hobbyist. At that point they said that since they knew it will be used for business at any point in time, they would not insure me. BTW, I asked what it would cost to insure the drone for business... They said they wont cover drones for business.

I hope you guys can learn from this.
Don't mention anything about business. You are just getting this as a hobbyist... the less they know the better.
2017-5-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Henning1 Posted at 2017-5-18 16:34
I also wanted to let you guys know that I had asked to insure my drone through StateFarm and they asked me if it's for business. I said I will eventually use it for business and I'm working on my Part 107 FAA certification. They ended up denying me because I had mentioned I will use it for business. I told them that I would apply for a business policy at that time but until then I will be using it as a hobbyist. At that point they said that since they knew it will be used for business at any point in time, they would not insure me. BTW, I asked what it would cost to insure the drone for business... They said they wont cover drones for business.

I hope you guys can learn from this.

That's unfortunate and a little surprising that they refused to issue the policy just at the mention of the possibility that it might be used for business in the future. For what it's worth, AIG does offer policies (including liability) for drones used commercially -- but it's not cheap like the State Farm personal articles insurance.
2017-5-18
Use props
DirtyBirch
New
Flight distance : 8255 ft
United States

Got my insurance from my independent agent. Said liability was covered under my homeowners and for $36 per year an endorsement for damage or theft of the craft.
2017-5-18
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.3

United States

If anyone needs any help with Insuring a drone or has questions give me a call or text me.  Dillon 973-479-9959. I work for a State Farm Agent in NJ and have written about 15 of these policies so far so I can answer any questions you have.
2017-6-26
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

A56kuser Posted at 2016-12-9 22:23
just got my claim check in the mail today.
Story:
Crashed my drone

Did you have to provide proof of purchase?   I bought my P3P as a preowned unit.  The seller showed me the original sales receipt but I did not get a copy.  I have a hand written bill of sale.
2017-7-10
Use props
RCKable
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Just subscribing to this thread so I can let you know if any in Virginia (Lynchburg area) do it.
2017-7-10
Use props
RCKable
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Got mine yesterday. I had to provide a bill of sale (store receipt) In Va its $2.75 for every $100 of the cost of the drone, with a minimum cost of $30 per year.  I have $1000 coverage, $30 for a year. It covers everything, fly aways, crashes, individual parts that can go bad (gimbal, motor, battery yeah they will give me $ to replace a battery) and since the camera is a fixed part of the drone, if anything happens to the camera, I can file a claim and receive a check to purchase a new drone.  I was told that to his knowledge rates did not go up unless there are 2 claims within a 12 month period.
I did also buy the dji care refresh, I mean you cant have enough reassurance you aren't going to be out $1K if something happens.
2017-7-15
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

jamgabbi Posted at 2017-1-4 07:36
Hi Jimmy – so sorry for the late reply but it took a while to find out. YES, State Farm does in fact have drone insurance. The rate is $1.25 per $100 coverage with a $60/year minimum premium. The drone may only be used for personal recreational purposes, not for business use. So basically, unless the drone is worth more than $5,000 then the annual premium would be $60. There is no deductible and it provides for broad coverage like loss of equipment or damage to the drone.

We’d be glad to help you purchase this policy if you wish. Just let us know.

Hi
I am looking to insure my drone, can you help me? Are you an insurance adjuster yourselfi called state farm in NJ but since I do not have an existing policy they will not cover me
thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-7-25 15:43
Hi
I am looking to insure my drone, can you help me? Are you an insurance adjuster yourselfi called state farm in NJ but since I do not have an existing policy they will not cover me
thanks

Not all State Farm agents are equally eager to sell these policies, but there are a couple of New Jersey agents listed in this spreadsheet that have previously provided them so try calling one of them.
2017-7-25
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-25 16:26
Not all State Farm agents are equally eager to sell these policies, but there are a couple of New Jersey agents listed in this spreadsheet that have previously provided them so try calling one of them.

wow! incredibly informative thank you very much!
2017-7-26
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-25 16:26

is there a way to expand columns FGHI? i cant tell what those say at the top
thanks
DISREGARD I got it!
2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-7-26 16:51
is there a way to expand columns FGHI? i cant tell what those say at the top
thanks

If you click on the header it'll display the text near the top on the left side. Those last four columns are:
  • How much was the policy per year?
  • Was the deductible $0 ?
  • Were you required to sign up for another policy (rent or homeowners)?
  • Did they tell you the drone was covered in the event of a crash? (Your fault a.k.a. accidental damage)

You can also select File / Download As and get a copy of it as an Excel spreadsheet, for example.
2017-7-26
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-26 16:59
If you click on the header it'll display the text near the top on the left side. Those last four columns are:
  • How much was the policy per year?

• yup just got it lol
    thanks again
    2017-7-26
    Use props
    timberwilde
    lvl.1
    United States

I called my agent at Chubb and inquired about coverage for two Mavic Pros I recently bought after reading posts here. My agent seemed confused and said they'd have to look into it and get back to me. I decided to reach out to a local State Farm agent I found on here. She was very responsive and got me covered in about an hour. She did ask how I found her and when I told her she said that explained why she was getting so many calls. I got both of my Mavics and all the accessories covered for $60/yr. I recommend it to anyone interested in coverage. Now if I could get a refund on the Care Refresh I just bought I'd be set...
    2017-7-26
    Use props
    Astropin
    New
    Flight distance : 6581 ft
    United States

I called my local agent (in a very small town) she called me back in 10 minutes and said "no problem - $60, just bring in a reciept". And I have no other policies with them.
    2017-7-28
    Use props
    DALLASFREAK
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 1074957 ft
    United States

This is great News.....I just bought my MAVIC 1 month ago....I have a Inspire1 v2 bought in 2015 will they cover that.....IN FLORIDA
    2017-7-28
    Use props
    DroneFlying
    Captain
    United States

DALLASFREAK Posted at 2017-7-28 14:40
    This is great News.....I just bought my MAVIC 1 month ago....I have a Inspire1 v2 bought in 2015 will they cover that.....IN FLORIDA

Yes, there are a number of agents selling the policies in Florida. Just click on the "Results" link of the first post in this thread and call one of the agents listed for Florida.
    2017-7-28
    Use props
    DALLASFREAK
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 1074957 ft
    United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-28 14:45
    Yes, there are a number of agents selling the policies in Florida. Just click on the "Results" link of the first post in this thread and call one of the agents listed for Florida.

THANKS for the fast response
    2017-7-28
    Use props
    wednesdayschild
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 109446 ft
    United States

Mavic 007 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:42
    I just called my local state farm agent, and they will NOT cover drones in California.

Well, California and all. The most over regulated state in the union. I'm sorry.
    2017-8-15
    Use props
    wednesdayschild
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 109446 ft
    United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-2 13:25
    Great guide here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/5ort6o/state_farm_insurance_guide/

There are thousands of different underwriters with slightly different policies for this. In my case the first agent I called would not touch it without a $500 deductible and a prior policy. The second agent I called covered it $60 a year with no deductible INCLUDING mechanical or warranty failures.

This is a great post. USAA does not cover drones under homeowner's at all. Well, unless the home itself caused the loss. I live in the Chicago area, and just emailed 5 local agents to see about putting coverage under that specific policy....because, this......

I was in a local park (Independence Grove) flying the drone taking my usual great shots. My P4 was like a friend to me and we have been flying almost daily now. Well flying at about 120ft laterally (no lateral sensors in the P4), it just nicked and crashed into a tree top. No big deal right? Wrong. I couldn't see it through the canopy from below at dusk. I knew approximately what tree it was, and decided to come back when it was light out. Came back, and about all I saw was a million mosquitoes.  I decided to do it the right way - call a tree guy to climb the 130ft tree and find it.
    After 20 emails to local tree guys, finally one calls, and agrees to meet me at the park and do the deed. As he's pulling up through the gate, 3 park rangers were pulling out, no big deal we ain't doing anything wrong, right? Wrong. They saw him pull out his boom stick to reach out to a limb and probably thought he was there to cut down trees, you know you gotta justify your job. I mean people go to parks everyday to just cut down trees. The tree guy and I agreed on 200 bucks and I said that it was only worth 200 to me, since I had no idea what type of damage had occurred. Before meeting him, I bought tons of bug repellent and we both proceeded to lather up.
    We walk 20 ft into the woods, and he proceeds to climb. Lo and behold Ranger Barney decides to come into the woods and 'supervise'.  So the tree guy is climbing, and Ranger Barney is on his radio relaying the play by play, like a lost pathetic schoolchild. My tree guy is licensed boned and insured. Ranger Barney gets a call that he 'MUST COME DOWN'. I was like why? He might fall..., I laughed, and he didn't.  "OK well he is a professional, and all that climbing gear he is using, he's using it properly." Barney said in his firmest Minnesota accent, "he's got to come down now, it's now a liability'. I said I have $1500.00 of equipment in your tree, and $200.00 in him, to retrieve it". Ranger Barney proceeded to tell me you can't climb trees, you need  permit to climb a tree. I mentioned the local camp of kids earlier in the day playing in the woods, climbing trees, making forts, and learning to make a lean- two. Ranger Barney said I should have called it in and reported them. Sure thing buddy. Ranger Barney was getting eaten up by those mosquitoes by this time, and I could have handed him the can, but he was being an asshole, so I made him suffer, suffer so much, he had to leave and get some repellent himself. I just bought 15 min at least.
    Tree guy gets to the top can't find it (of course), no worries we planed on scouting three probable trees. No dice as Ranger Barney comes back, in his thick, I'm trying not to be mean, Minnesota accent. "He's got to come down now". Looked just like the Wally World Park Ranger in Vacation, I was laughing inside.   So my tree guy comes down, I'm now out $1700.00, a can of repellent and my good friend Ms. P4, still stuck in the tree top.
    It's rained a few times, hard, and I'm sure if there wasn't damage, there is now.
    I went back with my newly acquired P4P and looked for it, clandestinely, three times and no joy :-(. By the way the controller works just fine sitting in my F150. No one knew what I was doing, maybe thought I was looking at my phone.
    So when leaf fall happens in late September/October, I intend on going back, identifying it, and still getting it down one way or another.
    Moral of this story: If you've been flying long enough, you will crash your drone, so get insurance on it so  you don't cry.
    -Kris
    2017-8-15
    Use props
    Rotorcrafty
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 751 ft
    United States

Just called State Farm as I have 2 cars insured with them and they said they don't insure drones??
    2017-8-16
    Use props
    Rotorcrafty
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 751 ft
    United States

That's in West Virginia.
    2017-8-16
    Use props
    Ready4Launch
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 51401 ft
    United States

Mavic 007 Posted at 2016-12-13 12:05
    The agent called their underwriter's department, and they said it is not offered in California.

Is this also true for businesses in California?
    2017-8-21
    Use props
    DroneFlying
    Captain
    United States

Ready4Launch Posted at 2017-8-21 20:49
    Is this also true for businesses in California?

I'm not sure what you're asking. State Farm won't sell drone personal article policies in California and if you're asking whether you can get coverage for non-recreational (107) flights through State Farm, the answer is no regardless of where in the U.S. you're located.
    2017-8-22
    Use props
    ImHereToCrash
    Captain
    Flight distance : 5381368 ft
    • >>>
    United States

$1000 claim @ $0 deductible is pocket lint to insurance companies especially.    my rates recently gone down and im no stranger to making claims, last year alone i had to claim my $2,700 Sony Alpha and not to mention $1,200 (ish) lens was attached to it also.. total claim was $3900 and i paid nothing...  and even adding more items to my policy, and since taking zero claims and been making and maintaining adjustments, my rates have actually dropped.

i do not 100% understand how they calculate risk and payout system.  however i do know that everyone has there own value and threshold basically..  sure if this is only policy you open and the make a claim on it right away, your number/value/threshold whatever figure that is attached to you and your policy is alot worse than people like me who have had policies for years and years and only made a few genuine claims, and maintain things regularly on policy and stay in contact..  more to it then this i know.. but every bit helps...  also helps if you have alot of policies and keep up with all of them..  and yea, i have a bunch and i dont really ever make claims...
    2017-8-22
    Use props
    geofox784
    lvl.4
    United States

Rotorcrafty Posted at 2017-8-16 09:43
    Just called State Farm as I have 2 cars insured with them and they said they don't insure drones??

Call the following agent. Someone else has listed them in a list of agents that will write the drone policies:

Terry Pyles
    304-675-2202

Here is the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488
    2017-8-29
    Use props
    DejaViewz
    lvl.1
    United States

After reading these State Farm posts, I was considering a policy with them.
    Ultimately, I realized that my existing homeowners policy would probably provide me with the coverage I was interested in for my Mavic.
    It was a beneficial decision, because I created not only a policy which would cover my drone, but all of my photography equipment including a iPad Pro for an additional $35.00 a year or so...with NO DEDUCTABLE.
    2017-8-29
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules